Which God would you like to have as a servant?? [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 21st, 2008, 9:52 am

Xamdou wrote:
ArchertheRed wrote:I don't think Jesus would be a good lancer. The only class I can see him in is Caster.

And I know the perfect servant, Chuck Norris.

His noble phantasm, the legendary Roundhouse kick. :D
How about his Holy cross?

That's a modern symbol attached to Christianity. The original symbol for the religion was the fish, and the cross was later adopted because they figured it would appeal to people more. I'm not entirely sure why people would prefer to wear a representation of a torture and execution device around their necks rather than the symbol for when Jesus provided for everyone...

Regardless, the cross isn't for Jesus, it's for Christianity. I think it was the 2nd or so commandment that said something about not worshipping any image of God... :roll:
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby jikap » October 21st, 2008, 10:50 am

Brizzle wrote:I think Jesus would be a Caster class servant. I imagine he'd have some pretty powerful Noble Phantasms.

ArchertheRed wrote:Like the holy grail... wait a minute.

Lol, I could definitely see that happening...
Would pretty much end the war early, as the master would acquire it immediately after the summoning ^^;
jikap
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 21st, 2008, 12:37 pm

Buddha.

BUDDHA BESERKER SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUB MY BELLY PALM!

SHAKE THAT THANG JIGGLE!
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » October 21st, 2008, 2:14 pm

Haha, I'm getting images of a Lucky Cat servant. Could be any class, depending on its size. >__>;;

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 21st, 2008, 9:46 pm

AlinSabel wrote:
Xamdou wrote:
ArchertheRed wrote:I don't think Jesus would be a good lancer. The only class I can see him in is Caster.

And I know the perfect servant, Chuck Norris.

His noble phantasm, the legendary Roundhouse kick. :D
How about his Holy cross?

That's a modern symbol attached to Christianity. The original symbol for the religion was the fish, and the cross was later adopted because they figured it would appeal to people more. I'm not entirely sure why people would prefer to wear a representation of a torture and execution device around their necks rather than the symbol for when Jesus provided for everyone...

Regardless, the cross isn't for Jesus, it's for Christianity. I think it was the 2nd or so commandment that said something about not worshipping any image of God... :roll:

Kind of like how the Pentagram and Swastika are extremely holy symbols of others faiths, but Christians and Nazi's have warped them into signs of all evil? It's horrible. I hate Christianity.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » October 22nd, 2008, 2:09 am

Huh? The inverted pentagram is the "evil" one. Not the normal... or is that one bad too?

And the swastika (sp?) was just taken by Hitler and ended up being hated, right? I'm not sure.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » October 22nd, 2008, 3:50 am

ontopic....

definitely Loki...summoning Fenrir and Yormungander(spelling?) would be TEH KICKASS!!
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » October 22nd, 2008, 4:28 am

lol Buddha as berserker
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xamdou » October 22nd, 2008, 5:21 am

Don't think there is any magus that has enough skill nor mana to control Buddha
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Divine » October 22nd, 2008, 5:23 am

That's what the command spell is for.

Even if Buddha were divinity, he would shun his own divinity which would decrease his own powers significantly.

If I ever got a god as my servant, bad things would happen.
Divine
Addict

Unread postby Xamdou » October 22nd, 2008, 5:29 am

Divine wrote:That's what the command spell is for.

Even if Buddha were divinity, he would shun his own divinity which would decrease his own powers significantly.

If I ever got a god as my servant, bad things would happen.
Demigods or even human heroic souls as berserkers is very hard to control already even if you have command spell and it will be insane for gods and moreover , Buddha who was like the god of the gods , lol , command spell won't work that well and even Saber can resist the command spell and by the way, being a berserker is also like throwing away his divinity. One last thing , Buddha size is so big and insane mana , can he even hide or go to spirit form ? :roll:
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Divine » October 22nd, 2008, 5:46 am

I didn't mention anything about berserker.

Buddha himself shunned the thought of being worshiped as a god so I would contend that that would reduce his divinity. See Goldie who is 2/3 god.

Saber resisted the command spell because of her magic resistance. Even Gilgamesh does not have that sort of magical resistance.

I guess we could discuss the characteristics of Buddha but meh... I shun religion.

Well, berserker can go into spirit form so I would assume that size has nothing to do with whether or not a spirit can become a spirit?
Divine
Addict

Unread postby Wiiown » October 22nd, 2008, 5:53 am

Is the flying spaghetti monster taken for a choice? His noodly appendage would kick major ass. What class would he be though? In all seriousness, I would totally take Aeolus, the god of wind. He could be caster class and make people fly away in a tornado.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » October 22nd, 2008, 6:09 am

Note: Replying to Mkilbride's flamebaiting will not be tolerated. Mkilbride: Flamebaiting will not be tolerated. First and last warning.

Unread postby Xamdou » October 22nd, 2008, 6:14 am

Divine wrote:I didn't mention anything about berserker.

Buddha himself shunned the thought of being worshiped as a god so I would contend that that would reduce his divinity. See Goldie who is 2/3 god.

Saber resisted the command spell because of her magic resistance. Even Gilgamesh does not have that sort of magical resistance.

I guess we could discuss the characteristics of Buddha but meh... I shun religion.

Well, berserker can go into spirit form so I would assume that size has nothing to do with whether or not a spirit can become a spirit?
Well anyway , reducing any god's divinity isn't a good thing to do since they might curse you once the war is over , so lets just ignore about it , lol
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » October 22nd, 2008, 10:14 am

A god eh? Hmm...how about Marduk, the child of Ea/Enki and Damkina/Damgalnuna, and successor to Anu
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » October 22nd, 2008, 10:48 am

Xamdou wrote:I wish mine will be Odin , god of creation , create anything that can be used as NPs .

Ya know, that took the wind out of my sails. I read the thread title and before I even opened the thread to reply I said to myself "Odin. Why? Because he's fucking Odin, that's why!" and then you go and pick him in the first post. :evil:
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 22nd, 2008, 11:04 am

I guess I'm going for Ares, the God of War...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Xamdou » October 22nd, 2008, 11:42 am

Maes wrote:
Xamdou wrote:I wish mine will be Odin , god of creation , create anything that can be used as NPs .

Ya know, that took the wind out of my sails. I read the thread title and before I even opened the thread to reply I said to myself "Odin. Why? Because he's fucking Odin, that's why!" and then you go and pick him in the first post. :evil:
haha , sorry then :)
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » October 22nd, 2008, 2:03 pm

Do the Pharaohs count?

Since they were meant to become divine after death, and all.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat