What wish would you want the Holy Grail to grant? [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Xamdou » October 24th, 2008, 12:04 pm

pchunter wrote:one wish eh? the ability to travel through time!!! think of all the things you can do... 1) bring an advanced weapon from the future and go back to the Revolutionary War and declare war on both sides annihilating them both... 2) with the power to control time, you can virtually steal anything everywhere.. 3) become a hero (ex. capture the assassin who killed MLK Jr, or JFK before they kill),
4) prove to the world King Arthur was a girl named Arturia Pendragon D: (that would really fuck up the world would it not?)
5) capture king kong in a master pokeball..., 6) bring a dinosaur from the past and sell it in the future for like a gazillion dollars and with the money burn it in their faces.., 7) hmmm... anymore ideas? D:
Go back to God age and marry a goddess? :D
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » October 24th, 2008, 1:47 pm

Go to biblical times and prove that Jesus existed to end all the discussions/wars that happen around religion. Or not, of course.
That's one thing to ask for the grail.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 24th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Go back to the biblical times and prove that Jesus existed and was just a ordinary guy and nothin' special. (I don't disagree with Christians, I believe a man as famous as him existed, but I hardly believe anything was special, but just that he was good with words and a good guy)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » October 24th, 2008, 2:00 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Go back to the biblical times and prove that Jesus existed and was just a ordinary guy and nothin' special. (I don't disagree with Christians, I believe a man as famous as him existed, but I hardly believe anything was special, but just that he was good with words and a good guy)
You have just insulted a hell lot of christian , well at least i am a buddhist
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 24th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Go back to the biblical times and prove that Jesus existed and was just a ordinary guy and nothin' special. (I don't disagree with Christians, I believe a man as famous as him existed, but I hardly believe anything was special, but just that he was good with words and a good guy)

No offense or anything but you could get shot for saying that.
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 24th, 2008, 2:08 pm

Well, I'm sure Message'll shoot me soon anyways. (Only reason I said it was cause I'm offended when I see posts like Superflonics posts, acting like it's every other religions fault)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » October 24th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Well, I'm sure Message'll shoot me soon anyways. (Only reason I said it was cause I'm offended when I see posts like Superflonics posts, acting like it's every other religions fault)

Ohohoho. I wasn't trying to flame anyone there, buddy, I'm religious myself.
I just wanted to add something to the thread. That, plus the fact I am annoyed that actually most of the wars are about religion. But that's for another forum, I suppose.

There is one thing I would wish fore. And that wouldn't be this:
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » October 25th, 2008, 6:39 am

Xamdou wrote:
You have just insulted a hell lot of christian

This, for the record, is the biggest nonsense I've found posted in these forums all day.

Anyway, religious debate is offtopic here. Post your wish or do not, but don't post about other topics.

Unread postby ethos » October 25th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Superflonic wrote:
ethos wrote:I'd wish for complete control over myself.

This means the ability to reconfigure my brain for eidetic memory, ability to redesign and preserve my genetic code to eliminate aging, ability to selectively control my metabolism and efficacy of body, etc.

While a simple 'wish,' it more or less encompasses the entirety of possible wishes. Immortality (more or less) without the loss of sanity (ability to reconfigure your memory so that you don't overload yourself), ability to change appearance and intelligence. If you want money, you have the capability to make it by numerous methods.

Okay, you basically read my mind. Full body control.

Or, I'd wish for the ability to communicate with my subconscious self.
I could give it an order, and it would do it for me, so I'd have two minds controlling one body, being able to perform twice as good.
That would be pretty crazy, I mean, learning twice as fast, movement twice as precise, etc...

Actually, there is a book by Robert Heinlein that basically follows this same concept a bit further.

In the book, any sufficiently intelligent person actually has multiple mental 'threads'. Think like a muli-threading computer, and how it can compute several processes in parallel. Its kinda funny, because one of the anecdotal examples is a guy who sits in a meeting reading a book, writing to himself, and listening/participating in conversations. When someone asks if he is paying attention, another person dresses him down for demanding too much, saying something like "You can't expect him to waste all of his resources on you, can you?"

Unfortunately, this could also lead to Dissociative Identity Disorder, so...

[EDIT] If interested, the book is Beyond This Horizon by Robert A. Heinlein.
ethos
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Henza » December 30th, 2008, 1:43 pm

I dunno if you realised this, but stuff that most people want most is often the worst for them.
I couldn't care less and i would wish that time for japan, and japanese subbers would pass 1000000
times faster so i can get my anime and Visual novels faster.

*Goes blind*
Henza
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Xamdou » December 30th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Henza wrote:I dunno if you realised this, but stuff that most people want most is often the worst for them.
I couldn't care less and i would wish that time for japan, and japanese subbers would pass 1000000
times faster so i can get my anime and Visual novels faster.

*Goes blind*
And they will die 1000000 times faster >_>
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » December 30th, 2008, 4:21 pm

Hmm. I would wish to be a God. Covers every base.
Immortality. Ability to shape the world as you wish.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » December 30th, 2008, 4:22 pm

the grail would give me a reality marble with no prana or stress cost...
The RM is unlimited English Eroge works

all of which are 5000000$+ budget, tear jerking, incredibly high quality, 1 megabyte sized Visual Novels
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 30th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Rikh wrote:the grail would give me a reality marble with no prana or stress cost...
The RM is unlimited English Eroge works

all of which are 5000000$+ budget, tear jerking, incredibly high quality, 1 megabyte sized Visual Novels
How about the Visual Novel comes with Taiga Ero scenes? :?
Edit : Something like this?
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » December 30th, 2008, 6:18 pm

... is it normal that i can't think of anything?

Edit: Just thought of something. Infinite talent.
Last edited by Atriel on December 31st, 2008, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 30th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Just let the grail serve its original purpose: providing a link to Akasha, the root of all things.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby MaruKyuu » December 30th, 2008, 9:59 pm

It's quite simple for me.

Use one holy grail, and make a wish. The wish is to get two holy grails.
MaruKyuu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Squall » December 31st, 2008, 12:44 am

Hmm...this is a rather difficult decision, if we consider the grail's current state, there is no wish it can grant that wouldn't come back to byte me one way or another. Several similar examples come to mind :
For anyone who's played "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." : the wish granting monolith, that corrupted any wish you had for it; Ex: you wanted the wasteland to stop existing, it showed you a vista of lush green pastures...then blinded you from the real truth. Another wish was for immortality...so it turned your body into diamond.

I doubt there's a wish out there that isn't potentially damaging...so I'd leave it alone. *I get the feeling someone's gonna challenge this statement soon*
If the grail would be as before however...well...perhaps being able to visit other worlds, and some paranormal abilities would be great. :D
Squall
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Xamdou » December 31st, 2008, 1:40 am

MaruKyuu wrote:It's quite simple for me.

o.O , might as well wish for 1000 Holy Grail :wink:
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 31st, 2008, 3:27 am

Xamdou wrote:
MaruKyuu wrote:It's quite simple for me.

o.O , might as well wish for 1000 Holy Grail :wink:
if the grail could replicate itself, the would be no holy grail war now, would it? :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat