Save file in Vista

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Save file in Vista

Unread postby ObsessedStalker » October 18th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Greetings, since this is my first post I would like to thank for taking this project forward.

I have it installed in windows vista and played both routes fine. I managed to get the PS2 version of it to extract
the voices, but I assume I need to reinstall to enable the voices. I still would like to keep my save files, since I saved at about every choice they give you to be able to see the scenes.

I looked into the folders it got but couldn't find anything similar to the save file available to download. I even searched using the default search engine of windows for 'savefile', 'data*.bmp' and '*.ksd' but found nothing related to this game.

Any ideas but get rid of vista are welcome... :wink:
ObsessedStalker
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Unyu » October 18th, 2008, 4:45 pm

All save files should go into your savefile folder in your FATE folder
which should be located in your program files
Unyu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ObsessedStalker » October 18th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Unfortunatelly it doesn't, at least in 'Fate-stay night English' folder there is no sub folders or files that are similar to the save file that can be found in the link on the FAQ topic. The proper place for vista to store should be on /Users/UserName/AppData or at least on the personal folder but couldn't find it there neither.
ObsessedStalker
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rikh » October 18th, 2008, 6:49 pm

ummm the fate stay night english folder you have is not where the information is saved

The game is saved under FATE in your program files. Fate stay night English might be the installer folder, or some torrent based pack you might have downloaded that included the installer

Anyways, you can install the voice patch without losing any of your files, just download the UBW patch from mirrormoon, install, say you want voices, and it will install the voices

I know this because i started UBW a little bit before i applied the voice patch, and i never lost any save files
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ObsessedStalker » October 18th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Thanks, I shall try it then.
ObsessedStalker
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 19th, 2008, 5:29 am

Rikh wrote:The game is saved under FATE in your program files.

This, for the record, is complete nonsense.

ObsessedStalker, your saves are probably in your user's AppData\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fate-stay night English\savedata. But you can simply rerun the installer, enable voice patch and let it do its magic.

Return to Fate/stay night Chat