the FSN Manga

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

the FSN Manga

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » October 14th, 2008, 11:18 pm

is the manga worth buying? I need new manga and im thinkin about getting this but i dont know if its worth it or not. what storyline is it based off of? or is a brand new one?
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » October 14th, 2008, 11:53 pm

I believe the manga followed the UBW route...

So yes, worth buying :wink:
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 15th, 2008, 1:47 am

The manga really surprised me. It looks to be following the UBW path with some additions from the other two routes (more time for Saber and Rider). I think the blending of the story done so far in the manga is much better than the blending done in the anime. Most of the characters are getting more time in the spotlight (especially Rider) and there are enough differences to keep it interesting.
I have no clue what they plan to do with Shinji in the manga. He seems to be on the path to redemption and not set on vengeance like he was in the UBW route.
If I had to bet money, I'd say it will end up with a UBW and Fate mixture ending
(UBW good end?).

I'm definitely buying it. Of course, I buy almost anything related to F/SN. *sips drink from Fate/Zero mug*
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » October 15th, 2008, 1:53 am

Really? I heard it's crap. I read one chapter long ago but wasn't surprised.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 15th, 2008, 1:55 am

Atriel wrote:Really? I heard it's crap. I read one chapter long ago but wasn't surprised.

It started off kind of "meh." But I like it more and more as it goes along. I was mostly interested in it because it seemed to be following UBW. I have the Japanese versions of volumes 6 and 7, and I'm very intrigued by the uses of different parts of the three stories and I'm interested in where it's going (such as how close to UBW will it be).
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » October 15th, 2008, 3:34 am

Hmm...! I also had the idea it was just an excuse to bring the moneyz in dah house. If it has more Caster and Sakura, then I'm getting in.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » October 15th, 2008, 6:45 am

i loved UBW so i would probably perfer this over the FSN anime....god that was kinda horrible. the english dub was just...1000x worse than anything
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » October 15th, 2008, 10:48 am

IceCold_Asssassin wrote:i loved UBW so i would probably perfer this over the FSN anime....god that was kinda horrible. the english dub was just...1000x worse than anything
at least, it exists. ;)
and it's generally agreed that it is a good anime - compared to the vn, yeah, but the anime itself is good. :wink:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Wiiown » October 15th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Already ordered volume 1, should be here Monday or so and I can't wait, been dieing for a new book to read.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby I1nk » October 16th, 2008, 12:37 am

Rikh wrote:I believe the manga followed the UBW route...

So yes, worth buying :wink:

Well this sells me. I am going to get it as soon as it comes out in English. Anyway I wish it followed the Heavens Feel route.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 16th, 2008, 1:38 am

I1nk wrote:Well this sells me. I am going to get it as soon as it comes out in English. Anyway I wish it followed the Heavens Feel route.

It came out yesterday. And we can't yet say how close it will follow any route, so Heaven's Feel isn't totally out of the question. Though it will be very difficult now
with Rider dead.

I picked it up today, and I remembered one of the things I like about this adaptation: the pacing of the beginning. One of my pet peeves about the F/SN anime is the pacing of episode 1. The way they draw out the beginning prevents episode 1 from ending at a good place. I think they should have done what they did in the manga and cut out Rin's POV until later. The way it is done in the manga allows for more room to show the beginnings of Rin and Archer's partnership more completely than how it was done in the anime.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » October 16th, 2008, 2:10 am

So exactly how much is it for all the volumes? I might buy it if I can afford it.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 16th, 2008, 2:46 am

DarkRedSky wrote:So exactly how much is it for all the volumes? I might buy it if I can afford it.

Are all the volumes even out yet? o.O

O god I need to get that manga.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 16th, 2008, 3:01 am

In English, only volume 1 is out (released yesterday, 10/14) with a MSRP of $9.99 USD. In Japanese, 7 volumes are currently out and the manga runs monthly, although I can't remember which magazine serializes it.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Torro2008 » October 16th, 2008, 8:08 am

I scanned over a few chapters online, and.. it's a really half-assed effort. The artwork is quite messy, the character design is a good deal more super-deformed than in the game. Not sure about the story, but since I already know the story, I can't really be bothered reading through it all again when the production values are so low. Maybe if you're a collector you'll get it anyway, but otherwise definitely take a quick look through it before you buy.
Torro2008
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby I1nk » October 17th, 2008, 1:51 am

The only way I won't read a manga with bad art is if the art is something I can do.

I can't draw.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 7:38 am

How good of a read is Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya?
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Unyu » October 18th, 2008, 4:50 pm

from what i remember it was a preaty good ready quite funny
Unyu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 18th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Hawkeye7513 wrote:How good of a read is Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya?

Indeed it's good, but unfortunatelly no one has really translated anything past chapter two of this manga though.

Now as for the Fate manga, heck I would like to find out where I can get it, since the only place I can think of is to buy it online and that's about it for that though. The same goes for the Tsukihime manga as well there.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby sozuke » October 18th, 2008, 5:03 pm

I order the fate manga and its pretty good i hope they do the

good end where saber survives
sozuke
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat