Sequel Anime?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Brizzle » October 16th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Heaven's Feel is more epic. Plus, the anime touched on very little of the other routes IMO.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » October 17th, 2008, 4:25 am

Brizzle wrote:Heaven's Feel is more epic. Plus, the anime touched on very little of the other routes IMO.

HF is pretty spoiled in the anime though...... They put down all the main information there
well at least reguarding Sakura

Although UBW would be great since well........... The storyline to it is just pure epicness

Also HF would be a nice release, but i think it would stray further away from the original anime than UBW. The settings and character abilities would be completely different. While UBW is closer to fate somewhat
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 17th, 2008, 6:11 am

Rikh wrote:
Brizzle wrote:Heaven's Feel is more epic. Plus, the anime touched on very little of the other routes IMO.

HF is pretty spoiled in the anime though...... They put down all the main information there
well at least reguarding Sakura

Not even close. Just hints. And there is tons more about almost everything. HF is the climax where everything is revealed.

Rikh wrote:Although UBW would be great since well........... The storyline to it is just pure epicness

HF is downright near apocalyptic.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby shirou210 » October 17th, 2008, 7:46 am

I agree with that..

And this is what I thought in mind about the FSN scenarios:

Fate - The beginning, the story of Shirou's past and the Saber's true identity..

UBW - The middle ground of the story, reveals Tohsaka Rin's family history, and reveals Archer's true identity...

HF - The ending (like you said), reveals the true intent and history of the Matou(Makirini) in the Holy Grail war and also reveals Sakura's past and relationship with Tohsaka Rin, and more...
"Walking with the wind blowing on your face. Walking towards the future. Busy days with no compass to guide you. After travelling to distant exotic countries... You will return to where you belong, one sunny day." - "Brilliant Years" UBW True Ending
shirou210
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Raitei » October 17th, 2008, 10:37 am

not quite. ubw pretty much reveal nothing new about the grail. only archer/shirou ideal. frankly, the whole order about ubw being the middle is wrong from the beginning. it needs no genius to know that ubw shirou is much more childish in his pattern of thinking about ideals and stuffs than fate shirou.

and the amount of info that ubw reveals about the three family's history is pretty much nothing compared to hf. and f/z. (heck, even fate reveals more than ubw)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 17th, 2008, 11:39 am

I'll be content to see Shirou and Archer fighting, then Shirou fighting Gilgamesh...and then ending the story in HF
the ending where Illya sacrifices herself to let Shirou live

I'll say it once again... If Fate/Stay Night (Fate/UBW/HF as a whole) becomes a movie, it'll be EPIC!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 17th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Yeah and knowing that they may break the moives up to around 7 parts like they did with Kara no Kyoukai. Well it could work if they know how to do it properly though. I my case I honestly don't know how it will work.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Sovran » October 17th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Yeah and knowing that they may break the moives up to around 7 parts like they did with Kara no Kyoukai. Well it could work if they know how to do it properly though. I my case I honestly don't know how it will work.

Well thats the point, Kara no kyoukai movies have non-linear story line and its for watcher to understand the true chain of events after all 7 movies are out, but the story is one.
As for Fate routes, F, UBW and HF are 3 different stories with no link, if they will find a way to connect them, like with time paradox or something like that, then movies are truly will be an epic ones.
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 17th, 2008, 4:50 pm

Yeah, but the Kara no Kyoukai series is a linear story, but they were oringally done out of sync to begin with. Besides I think it was how Nasu did it because he wanted to start with something different, and work around the chpaters when it came to him... probablly. I'm only guessing with that since some writers do write stories that are not linear at times.

I only meant it as 7 parts like how they split Kara no Kyoukai into 7 parts. Nothing more then that though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Nephilm » October 17th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Rikh wrote:yah but recreating the anime would be almost a waste. The original F/SN (which did a really good job integrating the stories in the fate route btw) had a large amount of content from all the routes)

0_o

I don't know what were you smoking while watching the anime, but I want some.
Nephilm
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 17th, 2008, 5:05 pm

It was great until they got to the Caster route. With that they kind of did a OMGWTFPWNedOWND all of a sudden and cut it back to the Fate storyline. Also they kind of failed at trying to add in Sakura's storyline with Caster since they decided to have all three girls have some kind of part in this story.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Brizzle » October 17th, 2008, 6:41 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:It was great until they got to the Caster route. With that they kind of did a OMGWTFPWNedOWND all of a sudden and cut it back to the Fate storyline. Also they kind of failed at trying to add in Sakura's storyline with Caster since they decided to have all three girls have some kind of part in this story.

I'd say the results were mixed. Sakura's role in the story is such that if she becomes involved, the plot has to follow Heaven's Feel route. They barely scratched the surface of that whole plot thread.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Inverted » October 17th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Brizzle wrote:I'd say the results were mixed. Sakura's role in the story is such that if she becomes involved, the plot has to follow Heaven's Feel route. They barely scratched the surface of that whole plot thread.

They could have used their brains and come up with a proper merge. They could have gone to a separate anime end as opposed to the 3 VN ends. Saying that I still liked the F/SN anime though.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » October 17th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Brizzle wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:It was great until they got to the Caster route. With that they kind of did a OMGWTFPWNedOWND all of a sudden and cut it back to the Fate storyline. Also they kind of failed at trying to add in Sakura's storyline with Caster since they decided to have all three girls have some kind of part in this story.

I'd say the results were mixed. Sakura's role in the story is such that if she becomes involved, the plot has to follow Heaven's Feel route. They barely scratched the surface of that whole plot thread.

The anime at least noted

the presence of Zouken, at least in flashback form

aspects which neither Fate nor UBW even touch on.

In retrospect, I do wish that there was at least some degree of information about what the hell Zouken was up to during Fate and UBW - not least why he chose not to act in a means which was evident in the stories as told. Indeed, I've tried to address such issues in my fics (one case dealing with the anime version of events, another with UBW-Good's aftermath) - but there's only so much a gaijin fan-writer can guess at...

And, indeed, when it comes to Sakura herself,

What the consequences of things would, or could, be for her in a Fate or UBW timeline. Even more so, my own humble works have tried to hazard guesses as to how things could end up going, but in either event, there are many factors to consider, in terms of how to resolve Sakura's great matters in the very different circumstances shown in the other timelines.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » October 17th, 2008, 9:58 pm

well if they did a complete merge, none of the fans would have been really happy

The fate route was the most popular and well known route from the game. Heck, saber won every single popularity contest too...

if the ended it with a new ending besides one from the original novel, a large amount of the fans of the game wouldn't be too happy

Well ill admit they really didnt cover HF much, nor was sakura as Moe as possible... but i still think they did good integrating the anime from the game. You can say what you want about the caster route, but everything was pretty well done (besides that at least)

Also saber vs Lancer in the anime rocks, Archer vs Hercules created the word GAR, All the fights against gilgamesh were purely epic, and we got to see a lot of h4xcalibah moments
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » October 17th, 2008, 10:07 pm

They used Saber route because... it's the introduction route, and gives to you a general view of things. That's all.

Then, they released Realta Nua.
"You liked this?! Then Rin route and Sakura route is waiting for you!" kind of thing.

Fate anime is a good anime, but fails as an adaptation. But beh, they probably only wanted to raise the visual novel popularity and focus into a bigger market, with Ataraxia in stores and Realta Nua in process.
Last edited by Kansho on October 17th, 2008, 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 17th, 2008, 10:13 pm

Nerroth wrote:
In retrospect, I do wish that there was at least some degree of information about what the hell Zouken was up to during Fate and UBW - not least why he chose not to act in a means which was evident in the stories as told. Indeed, I've tried to address such issues in my fics (one case dealing with the anime version of events, another with UBW-Good's aftermath) - but there's only so much a gaijin fan-writer can guess at...

He probably couldn't take any action since he couldn't gain any leverage over Sakura. Without playing her conflicted feelings for Shiro and Rin against her, I don't think he was able to manipulate Sakura. Also, Rider was taken out pretty early.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shikiller » October 18th, 2008, 2:01 am

They just should stick to a well adapted Fate route, showing a good Archer x Berserker fight, and maybe with the last episode thing. There is no need for element of the other routes. With Saber and the Fate route being the most popular, it would please the majority of fans.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby wyldfire » October 18th, 2008, 2:49 am

i wanna see the shirou-archer fight too, although i probably never will get to see it :cry:

unless i get the FU/C... :lol:
wyldfire
Addict

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 7:35 am

The follow up anime I would love to see, would be one covering Shiro as he grows up and changes into Archer.
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat