Sequel Anime?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Nephilm » October 13th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Why has no one mentioned Unlimited Blade Works anime, or Heaven's Feel anime?

And then, after those are done, they could do a Fate/Zero one...

*drools*
Nephilm
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 13th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Nephilm wrote:Why has no one mentioned Unlimited Blade Works anime, or Heaven's Feel anime?

*drools*

If they do that the whole Fate side of things will lose total continuity. I mean only the HF side could work if it wasn't riddled with so much ero ero scenes. As for Fate/Zero it's before Fate/stay night so why not do what begain it anyways?
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 13th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:
Nephilm wrote:Why has no one mentioned Unlimited Blade Works anime, or Heaven's Feel anime?

*drools*

If they do that the whole Fate side of things will lose total continuity. I mean only the HF side could work if it wasn't riddled with so much ero ero scenes. As for Fate/Zero it's before Fate/stay night so why not do what begain it anyways?

Yes! And we'll get to see Kitsurugu kick everyone's ass!! :D
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » October 13th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Well, I'm not too sure if I could choose over a Fate/Zero or a real Tsukihime anime... At this moment I'm leaning more towards Fate/Zero, but a real Tsukihime anime is also quite attractive.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 13th, 2008, 9:22 pm

abscess wrote:Well, I'm not too sure if I could choose over a Fate/Zero or a real Tsukihime anime... At this moment I'm leaning more towards Fate/Zero, but a real Tsukihime anime is also quite attractive.

Then we'll (somehow) make them do them both, PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :D
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » October 13th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Well, the North American anime market caters to kids, so Fate/Zero is not gonna sell. If you make it a theatrical release, then there is great potential. There are too many guns and gory scenes in Fate/Zero, which means all the good parts will be FCC'ed. Tsukihime can be made kid-friendly, but not all routes. All in all, most of the VN don't translate to anime well, too much fine details get lost, and we all know the fine details make a big difference.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 14th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Well, the North American anime market caters to kids, so Fate/Zero is not gonna sell. If you make it a theatrical release, then there is great potential. There are too many guns and gory scenes in Fate/Zero, which means all the good parts will be FCC'ed. Tsukihime can be made kid-friendly, but not all routes. All in all, most of the VN don't translate to anime well, too much fine details get lost, and we all know the fine details make a big difference.

Um... that's not true. It'll only be FCC'ed if it aired on public TV in the US of course. Although if it was a DVD release it'll be naturally uncut. In any case there are a lot of bloody anime that's out there that wasn't censored at all. So as long as it doesn't go onto US TV there will be nothing to worry about.

To give an example of a bloody anime that wasn't censored how about Elfen Leid?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 14th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:To give an example of a bloody anime that wasn't censored how about Elfen Leid?

Did they censor the (anime-adaption that doesn't exist...) anime-adaption of Tsukihime? It maybe wasn't as bloody as Elfen Lied, but it was a lot of blood in it, at least from what I can remember.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Tash » October 14th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Well, the North American anime market caters to kids, so Fate/Zero is not gonna sell. If you make it a theatrical release, then there is great potential. There are too many guns and gory scenes in Fate/Zero, which means all the good parts will be FCC'ed. Tsukihime can be made kid-friendly, but not all routes. All in all, most of the VN don't translate to anime well, too much fine details get lost, and we all know the fine details make a big difference.

Come on, anime never airs on TV in America anymore, outside of specialty channels and occasionally late night blocks. DVDs are never edited in America, aside from Saturday Morning stuff like Bakugan or Pokemon. (in fact, our hentai DVDs tend to be more uncut than the Japanese version) Theatrical releases don't get censored either anymore.

This isn't 2001 anymore.
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Brizzle » October 15th, 2008, 1:59 am

Fate/Zero would probably be the best option for an animated series. It has a definite story to it, not multiple story paths, making it translate over to anime better. No story adaptation is required. It's also very very good and emotionally intense.

I also wouldn't mind a more lighthearted kind of Hollow Ataraxia series that consists of single episodes of comedic or heartwarming situation (like a F/SN sitcom). There's a whole series of manga like this.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shirosaki » October 15th, 2008, 2:29 am

Theatrical releases of at least 2 hours showing Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay night separating fate, ubw, and hf. Then for Tsukihime make a movie of a new route that TM could potentially have in the new Tsukihime. Then showing the last 2 movies as the futures of Shirou and Shiki. IMO this would no doubt sent people into coma's from happy shock but to bad it will never happen. :(
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nephilm » October 15th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:If they do that the whole Fate side of things will lose total continuity. I mean only the HF side could work if it wasn't riddled with so much ero ero scenes. As for Fate/Zero it's before Fate/stay night so why not do what begain it anyways?

You seem to worry too much about continuity when there are numerous examples of re-imaginings and different series with basically the same characters (looks at CLAMP). And I don't get your ero ero scenes complain. And Fate/Zero is a prequel meant to be read after FSN; you have a great deal of the 'revelations' of HF spoiled if you read F/Z first... and the opposite isn't really true.
Nephilm

Unread postby randomanon? » October 16th, 2008, 5:47 am

As it is, I find it unlikely for a Fate/ Stay night anime focused on UBW or HF to be aired. The fate/stay night anime focused on the fate route already has mixed it together so much, that certain parts of the other routes would be considered "redundant". Not to say that it wouldn't be a great success in theatres, but I don't see any real way to release that properly. Fate/Zero sounds like it could become an anime series (even better because I havn't read the novel). I wonder if it would be a 13 or 24 series, and how much they would have to stretch/ cut the story to fit it as such. A tsukihime anime remake also sounds pretty good on paper, but alot of the intenseness in Tsukihime is hard to convey on a TV screen period. I can't see a Hollow axteria anime though.
randomanon?

Unread postby Rikh » October 16th, 2008, 8:15 am

A ubw movie would be decent...
the first ten minutes would be a re-cap of events in the war, then the rest of the movie can...
cover archers betrayal, shiro copying his skills, shiro fighting archer, and shiro wtfbbqpwning goldie
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 16th, 2008, 8:22 am

A ubw movie would not be decent...

It'll be EPIC!

[edit]spell check[/edit]
Last edited by nanaya_shinya on October 17th, 2008, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 16th, 2008, 11:37 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:A ubw movie would no be decent...

It'll be EPIC!

Definately!!! NOW WE WANT UBW MOVIE!!!
(Still hoping for a remake^^)

Edit: Now who's up for calling Nasu and expressiong our opinions??? :D
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » October 16th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Am I really the only one that thinks a UBW movie wouldn't really cut it?
There is a lot of material that you can't put in a movie, and if you do put it all in, it will feel crappy and rushed. A series of movies (as in KnK) could do, but, for me, there is no real difference between a mini-series and a "series of movies"
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Rikh » October 16th, 2008, 8:14 pm

abscess wrote:....
Am I really the only one that thinks a UBW movie wouldn't really cut it?
There is a lot of material that you can't put in a movie, and if you do put it all in, it will feel crappy and rushed. A series of movies (as in KnK) could do, but, for me, there is no real difference between a mini-series and a "series of movies"

UBW could be covered in about 3 OVA's or so

Thats assuming your already at the part where the routes start dividing

3 OVA's would be equal to about one movie.
Covering Archers Betrayal, the fight at the castle, and then the fight with gilgamesh. All it really needs is to convey those scenes to get the main plot down
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 16th, 2008, 8:20 pm

Yeah, but then it could feel like we are just looking at paper-depth characters "do battle with other guys using magic". And, well... if that would be the case, I think there are other buncha animes with that too.
abscess

Unread postby Rikh » October 16th, 2008, 8:45 pm

yah but recreating the anime would be almost a waste. The original F/SN (which did a really good job integrating the stories in the fate route btw) had a large amount of content from all the routes

if UBW was made into an anime, there would be a very large amount of repeated scenes. The better choice is just to make an OVA series with an alternate retelling/etc

An example is the Clannad OVA.... it pretty much let the original series build up so you knew the characters, then an OVA based off another ending was made
It wasnt confusing since it fit well into the storyline

a 3 episode OVA of UBW wouldnt be too bad. As long as you watched the anime or played the game, it wouldn't feel shallow at all
(Also OVA's have extremely high production values compared to normal anime)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat