Superman Servant (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » October 13th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Hmm... If we are about to talk of real materials, we would have to mention the elements of the periodic table and the nature of matter within the universe but.... it's a narrated universe so, I'll just say "yeah".
Shiki's eyes are more... for a lack of a better word, "metaphysycal" in that case, so I'll not even try to adapt them to real nature.

Conclusion:
Oh! I see!
Okay then, it makes sense within the bounderies of the nasuverse. And if the guy himself stated that, there is no point in trying to refute it.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kansho » October 13th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Nasuverse it's a fantasy/semi-fantasy setting.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 11:36 am

Here is my atempt to make the last three pages worthless.

Correct me if I am wrong. Servants are artificial gaian souls, created using a "grail", which was made using human concepts inorder to hack into Gaia's guardian system. Do you realy think an alien soul could get through all that inorder to be summoned as a servant?

Therefore neither Superman of Krypton, nor Goku of Vegita can be summoned.
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 18th, 2008, 11:57 am

Why would you say that? Sasaki Kojiro, a fictitious character got summoned as Assassin just because of his "legend".

If every human being sees Superman as Earth's protector and accepts him as one of their own... don't you think it'll be enough for the "grail" to create a "human" Superman?

I mean, a servant's strength is also determined by its legend. Won't the grail just take a "hero" that resembles Superman and give him Superman's powers just because the people believed in it?

That is, unless we're talking about Superman in the real world (as a fictional character), and not in the comic book world (where Superman is real).
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Raitei » October 18th, 2008, 12:07 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:Why would you say that? Sasaki Kojiro, a fictitious character got summoned as Assassin just because of his "legend".

If every human being sees Superman as Earth's protector and accepts him as one of their own... don't you think it'll be enough for the "grail" to create a "human" Superman?

I mean, a servant's strength is also determined by its legend. Won't the grail just take a "hero" that resembles Superman and give him Superman's powers just because the people believed in it?

That is, unless we're talking about Superman in the real world (as a fictional character), and not in the comic book world (where Superman is real).
"the resemblance" for wraith heroes like hassan and kojirou is based on the likelihood, as well as the level of heroic deeds, you know.

and by the time the hero achieved heroic deeds to the level of superman, he would have likely developed an identity for himself. so unless he is a real superman, he will most likely not be summoned as superman, but something else.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » October 18th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Raitei wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:Why would you say that? Sasaki Kojiro, a fictitious character got summoned as Assassin just because of his "legend".

"the resemblance" for wraith heroes like hassan and kojirou is based on the likelihood, as well as the level of heroic deeds, you know.

and by the time the hero achieved heroic deeds to the level of superman, he would have likely developed an identity for himself. so unless he is a real superman, he will most likely not be summoned as superman, but something else.

This holds true in the case that said "placeholder hero" goes public. Sasaki Kojoro's farmer, for example, was choosen as placeholder because he could execute Kojiro's techniques, even tough he didn't get to make a name of his own with them. In this hipotetical case of "Superman hero", if there where a person able to execute Superman techniques, but not necessarily went public with them, then he could be considered as placeholder for "Superman" whenever (and if) a "Superman legend" is set on mankind.
matthewfarenheit
Addict

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat