Superman Servant (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby gexer64 » October 7th, 2008, 1:55 pm

In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » October 7th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Funny, but didn't Batman beat Superman at one point? I know it's been explicitley stated that he has a plan to beat all his superhero allies should such an occasion occur.

Ona side note, I also seem to recall a plot-line where Kryptonite gives Lex Luthor cancer, so yeah
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kodoshi » October 9th, 2008, 8:32 am

I have some doubts about Shirou being able to project it , even if that kryptonite sword isn't EX rank the material is from another world and from what i know Shirou can't project Ea because its components are from another world/EX rank
Kodoshi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AvatarofRage » October 10th, 2008, 2:39 am

Ah, true. With that in mind, I don't think he could project Kryptonite, since he couldn't even analyze Ea.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » October 10th, 2008, 9:39 pm

AvatarofRage wrote:Ah, true. With that in mind, I don't think he could project Kryptonite, since he couldn't even analyze Ea.

well depends.... Ea was forged of that material, but Gilgamesh also said that only he is capable of ever using that weapon

maybe kryptonite wouldnt be in the impossible range, since it might be that only gilgamesh can have that weapon =)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kensain » October 11th, 2008, 6:44 am

Haha, Shirou could do it.
He's just have to get the crap kicked out of him before he decides to activate his magic circuits and trace supermans body to find it's weakness! :wink:
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby abscess » October 11th, 2008, 6:33 pm

kensain wrote:Haha, Shirou could do it.
He's just have to get the crap kicked out of him before he decides to activate his magic circuits and trace supermans body to find it's weakness! :wink:

From what I could tell, Shirou can't (or he never did) trace a human being. Too bad, if he went crazy he could start blowing shit up; you know, tracing the object and overloading it with magic until it broke, much like strengthening but gone wrong. I actually thought that he would do it some time in Fate or UBW.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rikh » October 12th, 2008, 5:21 am

abscess wrote:
kensain wrote:Haha, Shirou could do it.

From what I could tell, Shirou can't (or he never did) trace a human being. Too bad, if he went crazy he could start blowing shit up; you know, tracing the object and overloading it with magic until it broke, much like strengthening but gone wrong. I actually thought that he would do it some time in Fate or UBW.

true... Shiro never utilized broken phantasms...
in his fight with Goldie, that would have given him a very strong upper hand to spam swords and explode them.
Fake Excalibur overloaded with mana > a hit from the original Excalibur
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Divine » October 12th, 2008, 5:44 am

Well, does he ever have the magical capacity to use broken phantasms?

*Cough*

Shirou is quite weak magic wise without backup from Rin.
Divine
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » October 12th, 2008, 6:12 am

Divine wrote:Well, does he ever have the magical capacity to use broken phantasms?

*Cough*

Shirou is quite weak magic wise without backup from Rin.

well shiro has more skill in broken phantasming than tracing or reinforcing, i can tell you that much

Basically a broken phantasm is exploding a noble phantasm by overloading it with mana. Which is basically a failed reinforcement at a higher level
Which i can say... he has definitely obtained experience at completely failing at magic reinforcement for most of his life.... so a broken phantasm probably comes naturally to him skill wise =P with his skill erm lack of skill, he probably holds the largest experience in exploding objects in the typemoon universe

(although yah... he probably doesn't have enough magic capacity to repetitively do that...)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 12th, 2008, 6:27 am

When Shirou reaches Heroic Spirit Emiya's (Archer) level, he might pull off the Kryptonite Sword Projection, or at least a sword with kryptonite properties after analyzing a sample of kryptonite...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby abscess » October 12th, 2008, 6:30 am

Well, maybe he couldn't be able of replicating a Noble Phantasm and then making it blow to bits, but, supposing he is able to trace people, he could grab someone and make the guy blow.

Going back to the noble phantasm blowing, if he can replicate various noble phantasms, as shown in UBW; why couldn't he replicate a lower number of them but being able to blow those away?

going back on topic:
And... yah, what Shinya said about kryptonite stuff doesn't seem to farfetched, I guess. I mean, we are talking about magic here and creating stuff from thin air!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby AvatarofRage » October 12th, 2008, 8:56 am

Erm, its stated that its very hard to cast a spell on someone, without the aid of mystic eyes. Hell, most people can't even cast spells on themself. Its said that Archer just using Reinforcement on his eyes is almost unheard of, and thats supposed to be one of the most basic spells there is
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » October 12th, 2008, 7:25 pm

AvatarofRage wrote:Erm, its stated that its very hard to cast a spell on someone, without the aid of mystic eyes. Hell, most people can't even cast spells on themself. Its said that Archer just using Reinforcement on his eyes is almost unheard of, and thats supposed to be one of the most basic spells there is

Hm! It is true. But he could just blow stuff around them to kill the enemy, like a pillar and make it fall on the enemy or something like that... but this is starting to get off-topic, isn't it? :P
abscess

Unread postby Rikh » October 12th, 2008, 9:42 pm

maybe shiro didnt want to make his projected NP's broken phantasms because....

well they're swords, and he is holding them... in fact, it might hurt pretty badly

thats probably why Caladbolg is archers favorite one, since it is low mana cost, fired far away, and makes a big explosion...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 13th, 2008, 3:55 am

Rikh wrote:true... Shiro never utilized broken phantasms...
in his fight with Goldie, that would have given him a very strong upper hand to spam swords and explode them.

Not exactly. Even archer said he'd have trouble projecting Ex-cal. Not only that but projection lowers the rank. So it wouldn't be the same strength.

The reason though Shirou cannot trace stuff not from earth is due to the fact they are not gaian concepts I believe. It's just like how Shiki cannot kill ort.

Also, as for tracing humans, well....

* Attempts to project Raitei

Did it work?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » October 13th, 2008, 4:04 am

gexer64 wrote:

Not exactly. Even archer said he'd have trouble projecting Ex-cal. Not only that but projection lowers the rank. So it wouldn't be the same strength.

The reason though Shirou cannot trace stuff not from earth is due to the fact they are not gaian concepts I believe. It's just like how Shiki cannot kill ort.

Did it work?

Noob-ish question:
Hm... where was it said that Shiki can only kill stuff from Earth and that Shirou can only project stuff from Earth too?
abscess

Unread postby Rikh » October 13th, 2008, 8:37 pm

abscess wrote:
gexer64 wrote:

Did it work?

Noob-ish question:
Hm... where was it said that Shiki can only kill stuff from Earth and that Shirou can only project stuff from Earth too?

i think it involved some long theory of akasha... etc... usless info
stating that shiki can only kill things within the world????
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 13th, 2008, 8:49 pm

I frankly don't see the base of that. An object is an object no matter where it comes from, it has to have a blue-print and has to have a time of death. Hence, Shirou can trace it and Shiki can kill it.
abscess

Unread postby Kansho » October 13th, 2008, 8:55 pm

That's was said in their own games and the official materials. So yes, it's 100% official.

Shirou can't trace Ea because "the material components of the sword have no origin on the mortal plane. Ea is the original scripture of the country of death, the root of all memory of life. As Gilgamesh puts it, it defines Truth. It is the state even before the creation of Heaven and Earth, when the planet didn't bear the existence of life - that is, Hell. Although it is not present in the records passed down, it is said to be carved down in the genes that can't be seen with the naked eye. Somehow, it is what defines that truth, what builds that Hell."

Shiki can't kill things outside Gaian system because he's part of that system. That's how Nasuverse works after all. "He sees the lifespan of the substance. It's not so much the existence or the record. It's the predetermined life span, as in what binds the object to the relevant plane of existence, in other words, the time limit, is seen. And as said in the game, lines cannot be seen on those things that can't be killed (broken) in the present era. The base power of a human user of these eyes work in relation to the limits of the humans of that era. And obviously, as an extension of that, the base power an Earthling user, be it person or object, of these eyes is going to work in relation to how the system of Earth works. Be it rock, stone, salamander, or concept, as long as it was born in this world, there's going to be something fundamentally similar with hairy apes."

That's what we know.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat