Unlocking content in FSN? (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unlocking content in FSN? (spoilers)

Unread postby sushimonster » October 1st, 2008, 12:02 pm

I am a noob to mirrormoon... Alot of patience will be appreciated as I learn my way around here...

Just managed to finish the fate route in a week due to school... (Study is always ahead of PC!!)

I first noted that the game always starts with the prologue with Rin being the narrator.
Then get to a certain point
(Rin is confronted by Saber), and the main menu is appearing when you start the game.

Just wondering, when and what is required to get the OP movie playing whenever you start the game? (if it is possible..?)

Also, I remember seeing a screen shot where the
main menu image isn't the blue background, rather there is a manga picture of a light-blue sky with cherry blossoms
to the side... Does anyone know when / how I will get to this stage of the game..? (if it is possible again..)

At the moment in my EXTRAS page, I see Prologue, Gallery, Music, Movie, ED List, Status, Weapon

I noted that I am missing a single picture in the FATE gallery... On the 2nd page / circle, next to (to the left) the picture of
Rider cutting her throat and her blood splashing out all over the place.
Does anyone know how I can get to this picture in the game so I can unlock it..?

There is more to unlock in my case... Only been playing a week... Need to focus on the government university exams till late November...

I will add more to this post as I continue unlocking... I would appreciate if people added some of their opinions /methods (using spoiler tags when necessary please...) to this post, since I wish to unlock everything - without missing anything out.... I would prefer unlocking it myself, rather than being recommended links to save game files...

Cheers from the great down-under New Zealand (Land of the Long White Cloud~~) and from Korea~~
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Re: Unlocking content in FSN? (spoilers)

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 1st, 2008, 12:22 pm

sushimonster wrote:Just wondering, when and what is required to get the OP movie playing whenever you start the game? (if it is possible..?)

If I remember it right, the OP will automatically play the first time, you can access it later on in the Extras. It also plays after Rin's "narration".

Also, I remember seeing a screen shot where the
main menu image isn't the blue background, rather there is a manga picture of a light-blue sky with cherry blossoms
to the side... Does anyone know when / how I will get to this stage of the game..? (if it is possible again..)

You'll get that AFTER you completely finish Heaven's Feel, you'll know exactly how and why but I won't spoil you on that.

I noted that I am missing a single picture in the FATE gallery... On the 2nd page / circle, next to (to the left) the picture of
Does anyone know how I can get to this picture in the game so I can unlock it..?

You'll be able to unlock them if you save when you have to choose an option. It's there, you just missed it because you didn't choose the other option.
Last edited by nanaya_shinya on October 1st, 2008, 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Balcerzak » October 1st, 2008, 12:45 pm

To add to what has already been said, the OP animation will never play automatically every time you load the game, insofar as I'm aware. If you want to see it again, you will have to visit the extras menu. Or go through and complete the prologue again, possibly.

As for the second point:
To get the alternate opening screen I believe it's not only finishing HF, but in particular HF True End, that is required.

sushimonster wrote:I noted that I am missing a single picture in the FATE gallery... On the 2nd page / circle, next to (to the left) the picture of

Warning - Mildly specific spoiler:
That image comes from one of the choices. 8th Day Before Dinner - Choice, just after Issei drops by and gives you a get well present.

Even more specific instructions:
Fuji-nee will confront you and you'll have three options. Ask her where her gift is. She'll have a mountain of stuffed animals, Saber will walk by and grab a stuffed lion. You'll get a cute flashback of something you shouldn't possibly be able to know about.

Also, you're actually still missing a whole host of Fate route gallery images at this time (typically recolors or slight alterations). For instance, the image of of Shirou's hand with Command Spells will have some unfilled entries, as will the image of (Fate route spoiler)
Shirou grabbing for Avalon
, just to name a few examples. This is to be expected, and provided you're thorough, everything will fill in over time.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 1st, 2008, 1:38 pm

Truth be told to fill up most of the Fate side of things the most vague answer I can give you is try to do the choices you haven't picked before, and try to get the Tiger Dojos as well. Not, but it's best to do that for UBW, but save beofre making any major choices as well since that way you don't have to go though all of those "Skip this Scene" choices.

Besides the Tiger Dojos unlock a certain something
once you unlock every 10 Bad Endings.

Sometimes the best answer is a rather vague answer.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby sushimonster » October 2nd, 2008, 4:26 am

I got the picture next to Rider... Thanks to all....
Now need to focus on bad ending 13.... The people here all seem to have problems with that so..............

Some of the bad endings have strange, very sketchy drawings of Saber and Rin... This is normal, right...?

After all that...
Concentrating on UBW...

Also, just being curious... Mirrormoon has added voices from Realta Nua. I have heard that there is a special ending in only Realta Nua, when all the scenarios and all the Tiger stamps have been collected. It is
known as 'the last episode' where Shirou is in Avalon with Saber.

I was wondering if this has been added with the V2 English patch or not..? If not........... Will Mirrormoon be able to add this ending.....?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting my studies for government exams-_-
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Tash » October 2nd, 2008, 8:40 am

sushimonster wrote:Also, just being curious... Mirrormoon has added voices from Realta Nua. I have heard that there is a special ending in only Realta Nua, when all the scenarios and all the Tiger stamps have been collected. It is
known as 'the last episode' where Shirou is in Avalon with Saber.

I was wondering if this has been added with the V2 English patch or not..? If not........... Will Mirrormoon be able to add this ending.....?

RN had quite a bit of extra content, but they're just adding the voices. (trust me, you're not missing much by not seeing that ending. It's really tacked-on and ambiguous)
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 2nd, 2008, 12:49 pm

Indeed it would be a bit problematic if they added more content from the RN disk. Since some people are going to have to manage without having the voice patch. So with that being said if they added material from RN they would have to incorperate more then just the voices. Also, it may take even longer for the HF Installer to be finished if they took a crack at it.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 2nd, 2008, 9:10 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Indeed it would be a bit problematic if they added more content from the RN disk. Since some people are going to have to manage without having the voice patch. So with that being said if they added material from RN they would have to incorperate more then just the voices. Also, it may take even longer for the HF Installer to be finished if they took a crack at it.

It's extra content that isn't "technically" related to the content already available in the original F/SN. So if they were going to do it, it would be in a later upgrade or something. Doubt they will, though. Taka's had enough of Nasu? XD
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby sushimonster » October 2nd, 2008, 10:39 pm

I take back what I said. I really want HF out NOW T_T....

When I was installing the voice patches, it was moving about 29000 voice files (took 2 hours to install all of them...)
I was wondering if this installed the HF voice patches as well? Or just Fate and UBW?

I can't let my laptop go through another 2 or more hours of DVD running - very likely it will burn out someday soon........

Also, can anyone guide me to the forum in Mirrormoon where people discuss the walkthrough to get to Bad Ending 13..? All I just read from random places is that you have to 'completely ignore Saber' to get to it.........

Thanks in advance ^_^
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 2nd, 2008, 11:42 pm

sushimonster wrote:I take back what I said. I really want HF out NOW T_T....

When I was installing the voice patches, it was moving about 29000 voice files (took 2 hours to install all of them...)
I was wondering if this installed the HF voice patches as well? Or just Fate and UBW?

I can't let my laptop go through another 2 or more hours of DVD running - very likely it will burn out someday soon........

Also, can anyone guide me to the forum in Mirrormoon where people discuss the walkthrough to get to Bad Ending 13..? All I just read from random places is that you have to 'completely ignore Saber' to get to it.........

Thanks in advance ^_^

You. Read this.

Guide to Bad Ends is in the FAQ that is stickied in this forum.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby sushimonster » October 3rd, 2008, 12:26 am

Wow.... THanks.... Finally....

Moving onto UBW for now...
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » October 5th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Balcerzak wrote:Also, you're actually still missing a whole host of Fate route gallery images at this time (typically recolors or slight alterations). For instance, the image of of Shirou's hand with Command Spells will have some unfilled entries, as will the image of (Fate route spoiler)
Shirou grabbing for Avalon
, just to name a few examples. This is to be expected, and provided you're thorough, everything will fill in over time.

Yeah... I do have two or three unfilled entries in Fate. Will I be able to fill these up while doing UBW, or will I have to do some unexplored choices in Fate?

Thanks in advance... ^_^
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Balcerzak » October 6th, 2008, 8:11 am

sushimonster wrote:Yeah... I do have two or three unfilled entries in Fate. Will I be able to fill these up while doing UBW, or will I have to do some unexplored choices in Fate?

Thanks in advance... ^_^

Even exploring all of the Fate choices won't help you. Some of them will fill up during UBW, but some will remain blank even completing all the UBW choices. There are a few that will not be filled until very near the end of HF, if memory serves.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » October 11th, 2008, 12:01 am

Hmm...

Having done about 70% of UBW, I am starting to notice that the pictures are in chronological order... Would I be correct in saying that?

If that is the case, all would need to do is just go back to the choices before where the pictures have been displayed (thus everyone saying that one should save at each choice is quite good advice)

Cheers in advance ^_^
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » October 11th, 2008, 1:01 am

sushimonster wrote:Hmm...

Having done about 70% of UBW, I am starting to notice that the pictures are in chronological order... Would I be correct in saying that?

If that is the case, all would need to do is just go back to the choices before where the pictures have been displayed (thus everyone saying that one should save at each choice is quite good advice)

Cheers in advance ^_^

Yes, the taiga-stamps appear in chronological order, at least as far as I know. Some of the dead-ends are hard to get, so I suggest you use the flow-chart for that matter.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby sushimonster » October 26th, 2008, 10:24 am

I am about to change my laptop from a Windows XP (Korean SP3) to a Vista (still deciding what to get, it will be either a Home Premium or Business). I have save files that took me quite a wee while to accumulate... I have read in another forum here about the Vista save file location. I have installed Fate on my current laptop under C drive, Program Files and in the folder FSN. I just wish to confirm, I simply need to copy the folder in:
Program Files, FSN, savedata?

And I will just need to move the contents of this folder to the exact location (after installing Fate) on my new laptop to retain all my hard-earned saved points, right...?

Cheers in advance...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 more weeks till exams finish, then Christmas on a home run~~
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » October 26th, 2008, 11:10 am

Yes, putting them in the same location will work just fine. Future saves may end up in virtualstore, though. I would suggest you wait till v3.0 is out, it prevents file desynching by disabling virtualstore in InstDir. Or you can manually set your Program Files\FSN directory to enable readwrite for all users.

Unread postby sushimonster » November 4th, 2008, 8:04 am

I am quite a few hours into HF now... However, I noticed that I didn't unlock a video like I did with Fate and UBW. Is this normal (or simply saying, doesn't HF have a video like Fate and UBW)?

Cheers in advance...
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » November 4th, 2008, 8:28 am

sushimonster wrote:I am quite a few hours into HF now... However, I noticed that I didn't unlock a video like I did with Fate and UBW. Is this normal (or simply saying, doesn't HF have a video like Fate and UBW)?
you didn't miss anything or did something wrong. trust me. ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 4th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Hmm, I am missing a single picture in the UBW gallery, page 1 line 2 pic 2. Any ideas? I seem to have tried everything in that route.

Thanks.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat