Unlocking content in FSN? (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Ausdoerrt wrote:Hmm, I am missing a single picture in the UBW gallery, page 1 line 2 pic 2. Any ideas? I seem to have tried everything in that route.

Thanks.

hint:
Replay the 8th day thoroughly.

explicit spoil:
After school choice: Visit Sakura

That should give you everything you need, provided I remember right.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » November 5th, 2008, 5:45 am

You can get that picture from doing one of multiple choices... You will have to go back and do all the choices to get all the pictures in UBW.

However, I can be specific as follows...
On DAY 8, it is one of the 3 three choices that you are confronted with at the end of the day.

To be more specific,
You worry about Sakura and go to her house, and find that Tohsaka is already waiting there

To collect every picture in UBW (which is possible by finishing both routes in it), try saving at each point and doing all the choices. Some are hard to come across, and if I recall correctly some will require quite a good interpretation of the FLOWCHART that is bundled with the translation packs from mirrormoon...

I hope that helps~~

OOPS - Just noticed that this posting has now got a second page... Thanks Balcerzak~~~
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nothing » November 5th, 2008, 9:23 am

Is there a way to... err... change the title screen visual and music *BACK* to the original, without losing my completion?

I mean, its great and all, but it *seriously* depresses me just loading it. I'll explain:
    1) I am fully planning on forgetting that 'Normal' ending as soon as possible. The title screen is not aiding me in this.
    2) The endings in general tend to kinda depress me (the end of a story, no more possibilities, etc. --> *Not someone who's good at ending things*) so the music only refreshes my memory of them.

So really, all that the new title page does is fully remind me of the two main things in this game that drag me down... :cry:
Nothing
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » November 5th, 2008, 9:38 am

The way you mention the completion... Is it that depressing..? I am currently backing up my save files once a week or so because I am planning on changing my laptop (on which I run FSN) sometime this month. I will probably save it just before I finish HF so that I can switch the save files to and fro whenever I feel like it...

To answer the question of whether it is possible to change it back, I think one of the programmers like thexev will be able to answer the question... Maybe you could ask people in the forum for save files right before the end of HF?
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nothing » November 5th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Well, being a completionist (like most of you here), I would rather find out a way to change the data file or something... problem is, I know nothing about changing data files, or where it would even be located. Although I'm relatively sure that it would be a simple edit, as finishing the final ending seems to be the trigger, so there's probably a way to just disable said trigger's effect.
Nothing
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » November 12th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Depending on where you have installed the game, you are looking for a folder called savedata. This has all your saves and info in terms of what you have collected (e.g. CGs). Just before you finish the 2nd ending, save the game (DON'T save after you finish your 2nd ending in HF, or it will be too late). And just make a copy of the savedata folder and put it away somewhere safe until you want your old FSN back...! Quite handy incase your computer is formatted, stolen ('cough, cough' :x ), or any other possible way of losing your FSN game saves... Just replace your backed up folder as required when you want to switch (just make sure you also backup your newer savedata folder before doing so, so that you have a point of return)

I have now practically finished the game. I have done every scene possible in UBW and Fate, got all 40 Tiger Dojo stamps, and simply need to do the last remaining ending for HF. I noticed however...

Despite having 40 dojo stamps, I have three miniature theatres instead of the expected 4... Just wondering if this is normal..?

Also, in HF,

There are two possible endings, with three ways of getting to one or the other... I assuming that the Cherry Blossom's Dream epilogue doesn't come out with the 'limitburst' scenario, right...?

Answers to the above will be greatly appreciated... Cheers in advance...!

Overall, FSN has been a pleasure to play (despite me having to study for the government exams which kick-off starting next week, lasting till the end of the month... Bloody three hour exams for 12 days.........). Being new to the eroge genre, mirrormoon has given me a great introduction~~ All the best with future projects, which I will be watching with a keen eye.... Just want to say... Thanks mirrormoon! You have made my year this year (which hasn't been smooth-sailing), no matter what my exam results will be after this... I may even buy some more games should I get the time these Christmas holidays......

For anyone who have questions regarding the game's EXTRA page, ask away in this forum~~ I am keen to help (after the 29th of Nov, when my exams finish -_-)
Last edited by sushimonster on November 19th, 2008, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 12th, 2008, 3:09 pm

sushimonster wrote:I have now practically finished the game. I have done every scene possible in UBW and Fate, got all 40 Tiger Dojo stamps, and simply need to do the last remaining ending for HF. I noticed however...

Despite having 40 dojo stamps, I have three miniature theatres instead of the expected 4... Just wondering if this is normal..?

Also, in HF,

There are two possible endings, with three ways of getting to one or the other... I assuming that the Cherry Blossom's Dream epilogue doesn't come out with the 'limitburst' scenario, right...?

Answers to the above will be greatly appreciated... Cheers in advance...!

Question 1: That is completely normal, or at least that was my experience as well. You need all the stamps plus all of the actual "named" endings.

Question 2:
You do get Cherry Blossom's Dream epilogue with the 'limitburst' scenario. There's no need to go through all of the extra True End related text (Kotomine fight, etc.) for the normal ending. That's how I got it, and it wasn't until well after, when I was still working on beta-testing and troubleshooting other parts of the game that I even noticed that this alternate "final choice" appears and gave another way to access the Normal End.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » November 13th, 2008, 2:43 am

Ok - finished the entire game... Every single scenario and choice... DONE....

But one problem...
I have everything in the EXTRAS page but ONE picture
It is the very last picture in the ANOTHER tab. I have no idea where to get that from...

Other than that, all sweet~

Cheers~!

EDIT - Never mind... Found it......
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » November 16th, 2008, 7:31 am

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering what the clipboard is when you enter the images gallery...
Also, is it normal for only the start-up screen to change into the
Cherry Blossom background with a different song
whereas when you enter the EXTRAS page it reverts back into the old menu style..?

Cheers.......
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 16th, 2008, 7:36 am

sushimonster wrote:Just out of curiousity, I was wondering what the clipboard is when you enter the images gallery...
Also, is it normal for only the start-up screen to change into the
Cherry Blossom background with a different song
whereas when you enter the EXTRAS page it reverts back into the old menu style..?

Cheers.......

The clipboard acts as...well a clipboard to put the CGs on for quick access. Well, that's what I use it for anyway.

It is normal for the start-up screen to change while the EXTRAS page does not.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Vayth » November 16th, 2008, 12:22 pm

sushimonster wrote:Ok - finished the entire game... Every single scenario and choice... DONE....

But one problem...
I have everything in the EXTRAS page but ONE picture
It is the very last picture in the ANOTHER tab. I have no idea where to get that from...

Other than that, all sweet~

Cheers~!

EDIT - Never mind... Found it......

I still dont have it, can you tell me how? It's the only missing picture..
Vayth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » November 16th, 2008, 12:32 pm

??? wrote:I still dont have it, can you tell me how? It's the only missing picture..

Get all the the Tiger Stamps then click the GAO~! icon at the ED screen.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby holydiver » November 17th, 2008, 12:50 am

Easter Eggs in FSN??????
holydiver
Might just like this board

Unread postby Vayth » November 18th, 2008, 1:29 am

metal_cocoabo wrote:
??? wrote:I still dont have it, can you tell me how? It's the only missing picture..

Get all the the Tiger Stamps then click the GAO~! icon at the ED screen.

Thanx, I got it..
Well, quite an unexpected picture, huh..
Vayth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby eharper256 » November 18th, 2008, 1:03 pm

holydiver wrote:Easter Eggs in FSN??????

Yes, yes indeed. Enjoy your bonus Taiga/Ilya ending. I lol'ed having Ilya discuss how she didn't like UBW (because of her death).
eharper256
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby sushimonster » November 19th, 2008, 10:49 am

Having done literally everything possible, I decided to browse around the EXTRAS page to see if anything interesting has popped up after finishing the game. All seems to be in order (nothing new though T_T) but I have noticed that in the MUSIC area, specifically under the SE list, I see that some of them are missing...

To be clear, I have SE021 and SE023 but not SE022. Or I have SE127 and SE131 but no SE128, SE129, or SE130... I am missing approx. 40 SEs in the same manner... I am sure that I went through EVERY DARN choice and scenario possible, but I was wondering if someone in the forum could confirm this..? Maybe mirrormoon changed the coding of some of the SE while translating it for convineince while translating or something... (though I highly doubt it...)

I apologise for sounding like an obsessed completionist (which I am by the way ^_^)

Cheers in advance~!
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » December 26th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Ok - having solved the sound problems...

I have got a new laptop which has Vista Business SP1 English. The laptop I initially played FSN (and finished it on) has Windows XP Home Korean Ed SP3.

I want to transfer all my saves from my XP laptop to my new Vista one. Just making sure, all I need to do is install FSN with the mirrormoon patch as usual on Vista and just move my savedata folder from the XP laptop to the Vista one (to the place of installation), right?

Thanks in advance...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Henza » December 30th, 2008, 11:07 am

sushimonster wrote:Ok - having solved the sound problems...

I have got a new laptop which has Vista Business SP1 English. The laptop I initially played FSN (and finished it on) has Windows XP Home Korean Ed SP3.

I want to transfer all my saves from my XP laptop to my new Vista one. Just making sure, all I need to do is install FSN with the mirrormoon patch as usual on Vista and just move my savedata folder from the XP laptop to the Vista one (to the place of installation), right?

Thanks in advance...

Yes, just back up your saves and move them to the new PC.

Just wondering, how many movies are there supposed to be in total?
Henza
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » December 30th, 2008, 11:27 am

Two movies.

I believe the PS2 ver had one more.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 30th, 2008, 11:32 am

PS2 had a movie for each route
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat