Command spell designs

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raitei » September 29th, 2008, 2:48 pm

phib wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:
I've seen this on Koi-chan a while ago, but something always bothers me. Each family's mantras are similar between the two generations (see picture of Emiyas', Tosakas', and Matos').
I thought maybe it is a lineage thing, but if you think about it, Shirou is not an Emiya by blood, neither is Sakura to the Matos. Then maybe it is related to one's ideal? Not really.
Compare Shirou, Ilya, and Kiritsugu, they all have some form of "the sword of justice".
However, Kiritsugu gave up his ideal already at the time he received the mantra, Shirou was determined to uphold the ideal when he received his, and Ilya...
I read somewhere all she thought about then was to win the grail and kill what was left of the Emiya house. So both of my theories seem to fail, any better ideas?

Maybe it's more related to the servant's class. Both Tohsakas and Emiyas summoned the same servant class in the 4th and 5th war.
or maybe the servant himself/herself, along with the master ? if you compare caster's seal(assassin one) to a movement of a sword (tsubame gaeshi), it fits somehow...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Kansho » September 29th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Command spell shape = magical characteristic of the magus, not related to Servants. That's official stuff said in Game Japan 2007-01.

End of the story.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 29th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Sharm wrote:How come there's a command spell for Luvia??? There was never any case where she had a Servant or is it just for Unlimited Codes?

It was planned.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 29th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Kansho wrote:Command spell shape = magical characteristic of the magus, not related to Servants. That's official stuff said in Game Japan 2007-01.

End of the story.
sheesh, no need to get so worked up... :x
AlinSabel wrote:
Sharm wrote:How come there's a command spell for Luvia??? There was never any case where she had a Servant or is it just for Unlimited Codes?

It was planned.
what plan...?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 30th, 2008, 12:18 am

Raitei wrote:what plan...?

She was originally going to be a Master.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » September 30th, 2008, 3:22 am

Kansho wrote:Command spell shape = magical characteristic of the magus, not related to Servants. That's official stuff said in Game Japan 2007-01.

End of the story.

Could you elaborate on that? I heard something like that too, such as Sakura's symbolizes "harmony", Rin's symbolizes "balance", and Kotomine's suppose to resemble a snake. It makes sense that the Tosaka lineage shares the same characteristics, as they have the same blood and magus seal. Well, I kind of reason that Shirou's "sword of justice" mantra comes from his sword alignment, but what about Kirisugu? As far as I know his forte involves time control. And Ilya? Why is hers "sword of justice" too? This "characteristic" is a ambiguous word.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 30th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:

End of the story.

Could you elaborate on that? I heard something like that too, such as Sakura's symbolizes "harmony", Rin's symbolizes "balance", and Kotomine's suppose to resemble a snake. It makes sense that the Tosaka lineage shares the same characteristics, as they have the same blood and magus seal. Well, I kind of reason that Shirou's "sword of justice" mantra comes from his sword alignment, but what about Kirisugu? As far as I know his forte involves time control. And Ilya? Why is hers "sword of justice" too? This "characteristic" is a ambiguous word.

are you calling it sword of justice based off facts you know, or based off your own personal opinion?
Cause now im thinking and getting confused somewhat :roll:
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » October 1st, 2008, 4:56 am

No no, I did not make it up. I saw it while lurking around. Forgot where I saw it, but I think it was Beast's Lair. Someone pretty credible posted it, I think it was Baiken. Notice the many "I think's", I really couldn't remember.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » October 1st, 2008, 8:39 am

"Sword of justice" thing is total speculation, we only know that the seal resemble... a sword.

"Harmony/Balance" it's official stuff.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 3rd, 2008, 1:48 am

The seals do seem to be similar with those of family members. It's probably a matter of how the Masters see themselves. How you believe you are seems to have a large influence on things in Fate (I am of the opinion that the alignments given to the Servants are how they view themselves rather than some kind of arbitrary system).

Rin's is very similar to her father's, Sakura's perhaps shares the same base as her father and sister, but altered irrevocably. Ilya's and Shiro's are similar probably because they are both Kiritsugu's children (although only Ilya is by blood) and were both strongly influenced by him.

Mostly, we can only speculate. But, that's half the fun, isn't it?
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 4th, 2008, 10:53 pm

When I first saw Uryu's my first thought was "Holy crap that's METEOR!" (FF7)

Kinda fitting.

Also where is the punching dude's command spell?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » October 5th, 2008, 3:13 am

gexer64 wrote:Also where is the punching dude's command spell?
correct me if im wrong, but....

im pretty sure he doesnt have one since
hes not theoretically a master, he just supplies Caster with mana without forming a contract, (you know the way to do that) :P
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 5th, 2008, 11:03 am

Catastrophe wrote:

hes not theoretically a master, he just supplies Caster with mana without forming a contract, (you know the way to do that) :P

He has one.
In one of the UBW bad endings, he uses it to make Caster use one of Saber's to kill Shiro (at least I think I remember it happening like that; someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby kensain » October 11th, 2008, 6:34 am

Brizzle wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:

He has one.
In one of the UBW bad endings, he uses it to make Caster use one of Saber's to kill Shiro (at least I think I remember it happening like that; someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah, I think there's a fairly large contradiction there.
He's not a magus, nor chosen by the grail, and therefore doesn't.
He uses one, and therefore does.

And caster can't toss around command seals like the Kotomine's can, meaning it's a paradox.
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby Anium » October 11th, 2008, 11:16 am

She can, she steals shiro's in one bad end at UBW(i think)
Anium
Might just like this board

Unread postby Rikh » October 11th, 2008, 12:57 pm

kensain wrote:
Brizzle wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:[quote="gexer64"]Also where is the punching dude's command spell?

He has one.

Yeah, I think there's a fairly large contradiction there.
He's not a magus, nor chosen by the grail, and therefore doesn't.
He uses one, and therefore does.

And caster can't toss around command seals like the Kotomine's can, meaning it's a paradox.[/quote]
yah but... he is still transferring mana to caster...............
this this was due to the act he performed. So i am sure he has to be some kind of magus... possibly one with a little more potential than shinji

Its just more likely that he has a few natural magic circuits
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Belzera » October 11th, 2008, 3:02 pm

MAybe, Caster just gave him the command spell and is leeching Mana/prana from him
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » October 11th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Belzera wrote:MAybe, Caster just gave him the command spell and is leeching Mana/prana from him
what command spell? she doesn't have any other than the kojirou one; the old command spell (of her old master) was broken by rule breaker (read the story, before the kuzuki xxx one). and kuzuki isn't even a magus.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Rikh » October 11th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Raitei wrote:
Belzera wrote:MAybe, Caster just gave him the command spell and is leeching Mana/prana from him
what command spell? she doesn't have any other than the kojirou one; the old command spell (of her old master) was broken by rule breaker (read the story, before the kuzuki xxx one). and kuzuki isn't even a magus.

I'd like to debate the last part.. If kuzuki used a command spell he had to be a magus
He doesnt really need to know any spells of have knowledge of sorcery/etc... all he needs are natural magic circuits... or even fake ones

at least thats what i think for a person to be a magus
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Anium » October 11th, 2008, 5:54 pm

He didn't use a command spell, he just told her... If I recall correcly...
Anium
Might just like this board

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat