Correct me if I am wrong but.... (spoilers!!...maybe...)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Correct me if I am wrong but.... (spoilers!!...maybe...)

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 13th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Well, I have been playing FAte a little and just after a few minutes of play I have already discovered something that really makes me wonder:

It is just me or are the fate characters mixtures of the tsukihime characters?

SAber: HIsui + Shion

Rin: Akiha (a lot of akiha) + Ciel (just when she is scary) (Note: dangerous mixture!)

SAkura: Kohaku + SAtzuki (even worse)

Taiga: Hannepin + Funny Arc

Illyasviel: Arc + a little bit of akiha.

Lancer: he looks a lot like nero at some points of the game.

Caster: Magical girl amber...

Souichiro: Nero...a lot...

Shinji: at first I thought he was just like SHIKI but...neh...they aren't even alike only the same thing.

The two maids of illyasviel: Ren + white ren. (well the one with the dull eyes is a little more talkative than ren but still they are almost the same.)

The priest who likes garlic...(Kirei) : Ciel... a little bit.

Rin's friend (the one with brown hair and amber eyes...her name is "Mitsurugi" or something. It has a "M" at the beggining) : Arihiko.

Gilgamesh: ???

Rider: ????

ARcher: ???

BErserker: ???

______________--------

Sooo....what do you think? or was I the only one who thought that?

(Note: the characters not only resemble the ones I mentioned in appareance but some of their actions reflect or resemble the ones I said.
Example: Illya (cute and innocent yet she has no doubt if it comes to kill. She is selfish too and very whimsical. In other words = Arcuied.)
Last edited by zweiterversuch on September 14th, 2008, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Tash » September 13th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Yeah, I noticed that, too. The fact that Fate recycles a lot of character poses from Tsukihime doesn't help. (did they really need to reuse Ciel's goofy expression?)
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 2:34 pm

Well, I think that most of that mixtures are not really accurate.

Sion + Hisui = Saber? Why? I don't see Saber character traits aren't carried by any of Tsukihime characters.
Akiha + Ciel = Rin? Rin main point is that "her bark is worse than her bite", she talk about a lot act as a magus, but she is really very kind. She have a similar look to Akiha, but I fail to add Ciel character traits to Rin.
Kohaku + Satsuki = Sakura? ... Sakura is the completly opposite case as Kohaku. She can share the "two faces", but I didn't see in this mix the moeblob part of Sakura.

etc... (Caster: Magical Girl Amber?? wtf! The hood?)

They can share slight outside similarities, but the core is really different.
Last edited by Kansho on September 13th, 2008, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 13th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Kansho wrote:Well, I think that most of that mixtures are not really accurate.

Sion + Hisui = Saber? Why? I don't see Saber character traits aren't carried by any of Tsukihime characters.
Akiha + Ciel = Rin? Rin main point is that "her bark is worse than her bite", she talk about a lot act as a magus, but she is really very kind. She have a similar look to Akiha, but I fail to add Ciel character traits to Rin.
Kohaku + Satsuki = Sakura? ... Sakura is the completly opposite case as Kohaku. She can share the "two faces", but I didn't see in this mix the moeblob part of Sakura.

etc... (Caster: Magical Girl Amber?? wtf! The hood?)

They can share slight outside similarities, but the core is really different.

hmm....

Saber= shion + hisui.

why? easy:
Hisui: caring, shows no emotion, duty before her own wishes, extremey moe. (Moe rating A+)
Shion: Cold and calculating, yet she is very kind and warm once she has opened herself to others. She hates to lose and if you mess with the stuff she is good in she gets dangerous.

Isn't those saber's features?

Rin= ciel+ akiha.
why? simple:

Ciel: has always a misleading smile on her face. she is very caring but won't hesitate once she has set herself a goal.
Akiha: saddist...

In other words: rin

Sakura: kohaku + satzuki.

Kohaku: very gentle and a worth loving person. Despite this the dark side of the force is strong in her.
Satuki: can't lie, sincere and a little bit twisted...well, a lot actually. Once she has freed herself from her morality she can be more cruel than anyone else. But she is someone who still can regret her acts.

All that= Sakura.

Caster: magical girl amber...

well, that one was a joke...but still...they both make me laugh and I am afraid of them too. The ones who laugh the most are usualy the most vicious ones in this kind of stories.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 3:17 pm

That's being a pretty much simple with the characters. In core, they have their own traits, good points and bad points. Yeah, they share some of that points...

But...

Rin didn't have that "won't hesitate once she has set herself a goal". Read the game. As I said, Rin is all "her bark is worse than her bite". And she show that a lot of times.

Sakura can't lie? In some way, she's deceiving herself all the story... And, her difference with Kohaku is:
Kohaku = doll.
Sakura = not a doll.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 13th, 2008, 3:33 pm

... saber = arc. nuff said. :P

in fact, saber = arc = ryougi, if you know what I mean... :roll:

and zweiterversuch, you forget assassin & true assassin. also, zouken.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Saber = Arc???????

They are like totally opposite characters... and with Ryougi too.... :roll:

Saber, cocky cold but moe type.
Arcueid, happy dumb cute with bloodlust type.
Ryougi Shiki, strange femenine tsundere->yandere/yangire trying to act as a male type. Incoming moeness.

Arc and Saber similarities... Blond girls, first heroines...

About Zouken... he's like an homage to Fukumoto's villains... gray skin, Masane Tsukayama as seiyuu...
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 13th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Kansho wrote:Saber = Arc???????

They are like totally opposite characters... and with Ryougi too.... :roll:

Saber, cocky cold but moe type.
Arcueid, happy dumb cute with bloodlust type.
Ryougi Shiki, strange femenine tsundere->yandere/yangire trying to act as a male type. Incoming moeness.
that's why I said they're the same type... like kiritsugu and kirei... :roll:

completely opposite, in a way, but identical in another.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Raitei wrote:that's why I said they're the same type... like kiritsugu and kirei... :roll:

completely opposite, in a way, but identical in another.
Moe girls. xDDDDD

I get your point.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » September 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Say... wasn't Fate written first?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 4:35 pm

The "Old Fate" that he wrote in his high school years... well... as far we know it's totally different to the actual game.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 13th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Kansho wrote:The "Old Fate" that he wrote in his high school years... well... as far we know it's totally different to the actual game.
yeah, the one with saver and sajyou ayaka, I assume?

and kansho I think atriel was comparing fate to the three routes, that fate was written first, then ubw, and hf.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Raitei wrote:
Kansho wrote:The "Old Fate" that he wrote in his high school years... well... as far we know it's totally different to the actual game.
The same. We know some info about it, and there are some official entries too. Seems totally different.

Example: Luvia as Lancer Master. Rider = Theseus...
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 13th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Kansho wrote:
Raitei wrote:
The same. We know some info about it, and there are some official entries too. Seems totally different.

Example: Luvia as Lancer Master. Rider = Theseus...

Wow Wow wow!!
wait wait!

There was a fate before Fate?
Where can I read it!? or at least read what was it about.
why did you wrote "saver" instead of "saber"? was that another class like "Averger" or "Awesomer"? (that is a joke...a lame one but still a joke)

It won't be a boy meets girl but a girl meets a girl and eventually a boy really really naive.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Well, was supposed to be a story with a male Arthur as Saber and other main character, Sajou Ayaka, a tsunderish girl with glasses (like some kind of proto-Rin using formalcraft in curses).

Archer was Gilgamesh. Kirei and Kuzuki as old friends. Luvia was Lancer Master and Ayaka rival. Rider was Theseus, and the master was a girl with a fatal disease lying in a hospital bed. Ayaka was supposed to make temporarily a contract with Lancer at the middle of the plot...

No much more...
Last edited by Kansho on September 14th, 2008, 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 13th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Kansho wrote:Well, was supposed to be a story with a male Arthur as Saber and other main character, Sajou Ayaka, a tsunderish girl with glasses (like some kind of proto-Rin using curses).

Archer was Gilgamesh. Kirei and Kuzuki were friends. Luvia was Lancer Master. Rider was Theseus, and the master was a girl with a fatal disease lying in a hospital. Ayaka was supposed to make temporarily a contract with Lancer at the middle of the plot...

No much more...

Ohhhh! interesting!...but nothing more? a little dissapointing...It would have been something nice.

EDIT: I forgot to mention.

Saber = Arc?

No. Contrary to Arc who was supposed to be a killing machine from the moment she was "born" (or made as I think she was.) Saber is somebody who has turn herself into a effective machine by not letting herself have any emotions. (Like Hisui tried to...)

Arc= machine who gains humanity.

Saber= Human who turns into a machine.

One could say:
Well, they had a very similar life and experienced in a way the same things but!! similar events aren't reason enough to develope similar personalities.

You could say now: Well, and what is with sakura? you said she was like kohaku and saccin but the only thing in common with those two are the situations they were in, right?
their personalities are totaly different.

Yes and no.
Sakura, just as you said kansho, isn't exactly like kohaku's or saccin. There are resemblances but those are really important ones.

First: Kohaku suggested herself to the point of feeling no pain, caring less of her body. She also separated her mind from her body and entered this "doll state" we all know. The Kohaku they see and interact with isn't the one I am (or at least she thinks that). That there, this here.

Sakura did the same but not with her body but with that place and person called " Emiya residence and Emiya shirou". The sakura who steps into the emiya household isn't the one who leaves the matou mansion. We see that perfectly since she doesn't want shirou to walk her home. That there, this here.

You could say then Sakura's "body" is the world outside the matou mansion while her mind dwells inside that building.
the body experiences and changes but the image kept in her mind "I am not like the other think I am" won't. (well, that is what she thinks.)

The only difference is:
Sakura isn't schemning any amazing revenge or is the master mind behind everything.

Second:
Saccin ....saccin...saccin...
Why does Sakura resemble saccin?

hmm...
She like sakura was saved by some boy she found trust whorty, and like her, like sakura, decided to watch him from afar but!! with a different reason.
" I can't get near to him since I am afraid of the Tohno Shiki I don't know"

In sakura's case it was like this:
"I can't get near to him since I am afraid he will reject the the matou sakura he doesn't know."

One thing is that the relationship Shirou x Sakura is possible since the very beginning the one between Shiki and Saccin isn't. (The guy doesn't even try to interact with her.)

Not only the stalker thing but the protagonist role as her "life saver"

In saccin's case, shiki was somebody she didn't have to act like the idol everybody else had made out of her. ( and he actually saved her life...kind of...)

Sakura's case is the same. If there wasn't shirou she would had crumbled long ago. He keeps her "alive".

The only difference I see is tha for sakura is enough to have emiya shirou by her side (so long no other girls get in her way)
and saccin wants to be something more than just a classmate in Shiki's eyes.

huff huff....
Last edited by zweiterversuch on September 14th, 2008, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » September 14th, 2008, 1:23 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
Kansho wrote:Well, was supposed to be a story with a male Arthur as Saber and other main character, Sajou Ayaka, a tsunderish girl with glasses (like some kind of proto-Rin using curses).

Archer was Gilgamesh. Kirei and Kuzuki were friends. Luvia was Lancer Master. Rider was Theseus, and the master was a girl with a fatal disease lying in a hospital. Ayaka was supposed to make temporarily a contract with Lancer at the middle of the plot...

No much more...

Ohhhh! interesting!...but nothing more? a little dissapointing...It would have been something nice.
sample images taken from the vault :
sajyou ayaka :

proto-rin:

saver:

sheesh, he would have been gilgamesh's greatest adversary, in all terms.

but I don't complain. why him if there's saber-chan? :lol:

I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Rikh » September 14th, 2008, 2:21 am

Raitei wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

No much more...

sajyou ayaka :

proto-rin:

saver:

the brown haired girl is pure win
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 14th, 2008, 2:22 am

Raitei wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

No much more...

sajyou ayaka :

proto-rin:

saver:

WOW!!!! those look great!!!
thanks Raitei!!

wait....dark six?
Wow!!!!
Thousand thanks again!!!

*dances*
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby gexer64 » September 14th, 2008, 3:31 am

Raitei wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

No much more...

sajyou ayaka :

proto-rin:

saver:

I think miss pony tail was used

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5835 ... ar2vq1.jpg

And isn't she from tsukihime 2 prelude thing?
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat