Correct me if I am wrong but.... (spoilers!!...maybe...)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 16th, 2008, 12:50 am

Actually, she only has eight fingers.

Because thumbs aren't fingers.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 16th, 2008, 12:55 am

AlinSabel wrote:Actually, she only has eight fingers.

Because thumbs aren't fingers.

WAit...
thumbs aren't fingers?

then what are they? tumors?

I know they have some differences with the other eight but wouldn't they still be fingers? I mean, they are a part of my hand...in a way.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 16th, 2008, 12:56 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
that one guy wrote:It's red, it's sexy, and you'll like it!

seconded...

Aoko's sexy and luring body aside.

I am currently playing Unimited cereal works...sorry UBW ( I was eating breakfast...) and after some nice images this came to my mind.

Souichiro?

GOD OF GAR!!!!!

Souchiro is awesome!!!
HE should have his own game!!!

seems you haven't reached the Lancer "part"

that is REAL gar 8)

EDIT: bout thumbs.... ive heard that is the case for pandas (not fingers) but in us humans they ARE fingers.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AddleBoy » September 16th, 2008, 1:39 am

If a thumb was a finger wouldn't you call it a......finger? You know, instead of a thumb?

I can't remember what the topic of this thread was.....
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gexer64 » September 16th, 2008, 1:07 pm

AddleBoy wrote:I can't remember what the topic of this thread was.....

Robots. And the power of rock
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » September 16th, 2008, 1:48 pm

gexer64 wrote:
AddleBoy wrote:I can't remember what the topic of this thread was.....

Robots. And the power of rock

and how fingers are not thumbs
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 16th, 2008, 2:12 pm

AddleBoy wrote:
I can't remember what the topic of this thread was.....

The first topic was:

The Fate charas resemble the Tsuki charas.

after that:

Aoko's red hair is more sexy.

then:

thumbs aren't fingers

eventually:

Syphilis and how prevent it.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 16th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Simple answer try not to have sex as an exuse to create a contract with someone.

Well since you wanted it to go that way I couldn't resist.

Well of course some of the Fate character will resemble the Tsukihime characters since they talk about Magic Circuts, mauguses, and how the Church is secretly hostile towards the Association, or anything that is no longer human either.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 16th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
seems you haven't reached the Lancer "part"

that is REAL gar 8)

EDIT: bout thumbs.... ive heard that is the case for pandas (not fingers) but in us humans they ARE fingers.

Wow....you were right.

Lancer is really gar...

Status screen updated.

Archer: -2 (-2)
Shirou: +/- 0 (=)
Gil: +4 (+1)
Lancer: +8 (+4)
Berserker: +8 (+2)
Shoichirou:+8 (-2) he let caster die.
Rider: ? (nothing done.)
Caster: ? (she is nice but I can't seem to rank her)
Shinji: - 9999999999999999999 (-99999999999999. His personality sucks.)
SAber: -2 (She is moe but her ideals make me angry.)
Assasin: ? (He never does anything...)

but a question.
Why can Archer shoot the weapons just like gilgamesh?

I mean, he could have done so since the beginning, so why did he fight lancer and all those guys hand to hand when he could just have pierced them all?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » September 16th, 2008, 9:16 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Assasin: ? (He never does anything...)
He fended of pretty much every servant, and injured Archer >_>
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby WingZero » September 16th, 2008, 11:01 pm

Archer can only shoot weapons (I assume you mean "out of thin air", ala Gilgamesh) when UBW is expanded. And as other routes have shown, that takes time. Lancer pretty much rushed him, so he's not gonna have enough time to get through tl;dr chant and expand UBW.

If you meant "shoot" in some other sense (i.e. bow/arrow), it's still the same reason, Lancer started attacking him rather too quickly to take aim, etc.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » September 16th, 2008, 11:12 pm

WingZero wrote:Archer can only shoot weapons (I assume you mean "out of thin air", ala Gilgamesh) when UBW is expanded. And as other routes have shown, that takes time. Lancer pretty much rushed him, so he's not gonna have enough time to get through tl;dr chant and expand UBW.
oh? he can do caster without fully expanding ubw. :roll: (only "trace on", and then fire)
but I'll agree with you in that even if he traces, lancer's a+ agility would most likely not allow him to ready and shoot them.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby WingZero » September 16th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Raitei wrote:
WingZero wrote:Archer can only shoot weapons (I assume you mean "out of thin air", ala Gilgamesh) when UBW is expanded. And as other routes have shown, that takes time. Lancer pretty much rushed him, so he's not gonna have enough time to get through tl;dr chant and expand UBW.
oh? he can do caster without fully expanding ubw. :roll: (only "trace on", and then fire)
but I'll agree with you in that even if he traces, lancer's a+ agility would most likely not allow him to ready and shoot them.

I'm pretty sure UBW was expanded in that scene, although it wasn't explicitly stated. Can't remember where I saw that though.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 17th, 2008, 12:09 am

WingZero wrote:
Raitei wrote:

I'm pretty sure UBW was expanded in that scene, although it wasn't explicitly stated. Can't remember where I saw that though.

Archer does the "Shooting swords!!!" stuff twice.

1.) against Caster (outside UBW)
2.) aginst Shirou (inside UBW)

So Raitei is right.
poor shirou...

nOte2: Did rin fall in love with shirou because she was in love with archer or was it backwards?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » September 18th, 2008, 5:33 am

Ah, you forgot to count the one where Archer saved Rin by raining a hail of swords on the expanding Angra Maiyu. Archer does not need to expand UBW to rain swords, but he needs to project them first (this is apparently really fast, since Archer is much more skilled than Shirou). In UBW, the projection step is pretty much skipped, since everything needed is already there. However, the sword rain is only effective against humans and servants with no physical combat ability (e.g. a Caster caught by surprise). A half-decent servant can either dodge them, or just parry them, not to mention HF5 Lancer is immune to missile weapons provided he is not confined in a small space. Since the rained NP are not activated (their true names not invoked), they only do a small portion of their potential damage. Not sure if Archer can rain broken phantasms, but I would say no. In order to launch broken noble phantasms, extra mana must be loaded in order to detonate the weapon. Too slow and inefficient if all you want to do is lay down a quick barrage.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » September 18th, 2008, 6:45 am

True. Archer's most effective tactic is sniping with broken phantasms from a distance. See the graveyard fight at the beginning of UBW and him guarding the bridge in HA.

With a good vantage point, Archer can potentially beat any other Servant. Still, differing situations and luck all play a large part in fights in the Nasuverse, which is why power-level discussions are usually pointless. Sometimes weaker characters beat characters much stronger than themselves due to being able to exploit weaknesses and/or because they possess a technique, weapon, or skill that an opponent is weak against.

Did rin fall in love with shirou because she was in love with archer or was it backwards?

Rin fell in love with Shiro because he was himself. Archer had nothing to do with that part. Rin is not (canonically, at least) in love with Archer nor vice-versa. They are partners that respect and care for each other. Still, Rin x Archer is a non-canon pair that I like. :wink:
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » September 18th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Brizzle wrote:True. Archer's most effective tactic is sniping with broken phantasms from a distance. See the graveyard fight at the beginning of UBW and him guarding the bridge in HA.

With a good vantage point, Archer can potentially beat any other Servant. Still, differing situations and luck all play a large part in fights in the Nasuverse, which is why power-level discussions are usually pointless. Sometimes weaker characters beat characters much stronger than themselves due to being able to exploit weaknesses and/or because they possess a technique, weapon, or skill that an opponent is weak against.

Did rin fall in love with shirou because she was in love with archer or was it backwards?

Rin fell in love with Shiro because he was himself. Archer had nothing to do with that part. Rin is not (canonically, at least) in love with Archer nor vice-versa. They are partners that respect and care for each other. Still, Rin x Archer is a non-canon pair that I like. :wink:

Shiro x Sakura, Rin x Archer, and Saber x Taiga is always win

Although a Taiga route would be amazing.... it would have a lot of Kiritsugu facts involved, also fate has a taste of older women XD
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 18th, 2008, 4:12 pm

If I remeber correctly there was a doujin where they did a Taiga route, but it was to subsitute the Fate storyline. Never the less seeing an actual Taiga route would be a lot of fun to see. That and having a Mitsuzuri Route and an Illya Route of course.

Although now that I think about it there are similarities between Sacchin and Illya. One, they have no official route, and they die in a certain storyline as well.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 18th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:If I remeber correctly there was a doujin where they did a Taiga route, but it was to subsitute the Fate storyline. Never the less seeing an actual Taiga route would be a lot of fun to see. That and having a Mitsuzuri Route and an Illya Route of course.

Although now that I think about it there are similarities between Sacchin and Illya. One, they have no official route, and they die in a certain storyline as well.

Well....saccin always dies.
I guess that would be the only difference between hers and saccin's destiny.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 18th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Actually Sacchin dies in the Tohno Household Routes, while she disapears in the Arc and Curry routes. Or if you go by the manga or the anime that doesn't exist she actually stays alive.
Kid-Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat