Dislikable characters

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby ServantRider » September 12th, 2008, 1:49 pm

I just got the True Ending for Unlimited Blade Works. Next up I'm going for the Good Ending while collecting Tiger Stamps. Yes, I know it's gonna take a great deal of effort and my time in that route will be a great deal longer. But at the very least it'll keep me busy until the Heaven's Feel patch is ready. That's the route I've been waiting for, because Rider will be important to this route and it'll complete my Status and Weapon screens, as well as fill the blanks that still possibly remain from the first two. Either way, opinions and observations I have come to for this route are:
A) I despise Gilgamesh even more than I used to despite his less gay look due to what he did to Ilya.
B) I dislike the Einzbern family as if it weren't for what they went and did to her, Ilya wouldn't have have come out so messed up.
C) Although she didn't like him much, or rather, hated him, Berserker was Ilya's only friend and she was very conscious of that.
D) Archer was quite an ass for most of the route, but I gained respect for him.
E) Great Heaven in the Sky, Shinji actually CAN be saved! Although he didn't die like in Fate, he stopped being an overbearing prick. At least the fact he can change gives me a little respect towards him...... a little.
And now I'm off for those Stamps. So, as I game, Unlimited Taiga Works!!
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 12th, 2008, 10:19 pm

ServantRider wrote:E) Great Heaven in the Sky, Shinji actually CAN be saved! Although he didn't die like in Fate, he stopped being an overbearing prick. At least the fact he can change gives me a little respect towards him...... a little.

No. Any shred of respect you have for him is ephemeral. When you play HF... oooh boy~
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 12th, 2008, 10:30 pm

AlinSabel wrote:
ServantRider wrote:E) Great Heaven in the Sky, Shinji actually CAN be saved! Although he didn't die like in Fate, he stopped being an overbearing prick. At least the fact he can change gives me a little respect towards him...... a little.

No. Any shred of respect you have for him is ephemeral. When you play HF... oooh boy~

Any respect you have for shinji will be all gone when you see HF.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 12th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Einherjar wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:

Any respect you have for shinji will be all gone when you see HF.

in fact its already gone now, that's how blasted you will be when you play it
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby rubberchicken » September 12th, 2008, 11:08 pm

Shinji behaved pretty much the way I expected him to.

Sakura's the character I lost all respect for.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby that one guy » September 12th, 2008, 11:11 pm

rubberchicken wrote:Shinji behaved pretty much the way I expected him to.

Sakura's the character I lost all respect for.

See RC, it's comments like these that make me worry for the other board I frequent. Because it seems like it's going to divide in a bad way when HF comes out. And it also just ups the tension for me, making me think "WTF is he talking about? What could make Sakura so bad?"
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 12:00 am

Well, she did bad things deceiving herself a lot, and she did also good things too. That's the reason of the clash of opinions thing. If she is really THAT bad she would have been in last place (77th) of popularity polls, and that's not the case, as she is in the Top10 (she was 5th - 6th).

But beh, all Fate/stay night heroines are... "stupid" in that aspect, wearing "masks" in some way or another.

Well, at the end Rin and her "sisterly love hug" was able to slap Sakura back into her sense, I think that's positive. And I don't think that you can't blame her for all of it, as when she was aware of her shadow, she even said Shirou to kill her, she used her last seal to protect him, and at the end is clearly showed that Sakura loves Rin as a sister and she even try to kill herself when she thought that Rin "died". And then, when Shirou arrived and he says her that Rin is okay, Sakura begs Shirou to leave with Rin and forget her. That makes her far good rather than bad, even if she succumb to "badness" and lost her head for a while.

Aside for Bad/Dead Ends, I don't see nothing THAT bad as some people point out. If we count the Bad/Dead End... well, then I will lost my respect for all Fate/stay night characters, as we see Saber, Ilya, Rider even Shirou... doing horrible things there. The only one that you can say that can't be blamed for this is Rin (the only thing that you can blame her is that her statements of "I will kill Sakura", that even if were a lie, aggravated a lot the situation, because Sakura thought that her sister really aimed to kill her.)

Seriously... thinking it... I can't really blame any character in Fate/stay night.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby rubberchicken » September 13th, 2008, 3:37 pm

It has nothing to do with her doing bad things.

It has everything to do with her being an annoying wishy-washy doormat for the other 90 percent of the time.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 13th, 2008, 3:47 pm

rubberchicken wrote:It has nothing to do with her doing bad things.
It has everything to do with her being an annoying wishy-washy doormat for the other 90 percent of the time.

Ummm.. Can we leave Sakura out of this thread?

I mean.. I know that there's a war going on between... the 'Love Sakura' faction and the 'Hate Sakura' clan...

But could you guys leave it until HF gets out? XDDD

I mean.. Some of us are trying very hard to remain on the 'neutral' side until we can actually read the route with full understanding....

And back to topic....
Shinji is a faggot... The things i would do to him if he existed in this world........
In fact... Calling him a freaking faggot maggot is still too good for him...

So... Kansho...
Who's TOP on the 'hate list?'.... aka 77th on the polls....
Mine's still the 'freaking faggot maggot's sonova ****' if you ask me...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby rubberchicken » September 13th, 2008, 4:03 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:And back to topic....
Shinji is a faggot... The things i would do to him if he existed in this world........

I'd say his activities show he is clearly not homosexual, myself.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 4:19 pm

rubberchicken wrote:It has nothing to do with her doing bad things.

In some way you get a point here... poor girl... xDD At least in ataraxia she get a character bossy traits from her sister... xDDD

So... Kansho...
Ignoring joke characters as "Kinoko Nasu", "Takashi Takeuchi", "Gatling Shirou", "Tiger dojo Saber, Rin, Sakura", alter characters as "Kuro Saber", "Kuro Sakura", "Arturia" or things like "Angra Mainyu"... the less popular are:

1st Popularity Poll: Sir Bedivere, Sella, Zouken...
2nd Popularity Poll: Mitsuzuri Minori, Mimi-chan, Zouken...

Shinji - 19th in the first and 28th in the second.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » September 13th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Kansho wrote:

So... Kansho...
Ignoring joke characters as "Kinoko Nasu", "Takashi Takeuchi", "Gatling Shirou", "Tiger dojo Saber, Rin, Sakura", alter characters as "Kuro Saber", "Kuro Sakura" or things like "Angra Mainyu"... the less popular are:

1st Popularity Poll: Sir Bedivere, Sella, Zouken...
2nd Popularity Poll: Mitsuzuri Minori, Mimi-chan, Zouken...

Shinji - 19th in the first and 28th in the second.

I don't think that a "hate list" is equivalent to a mirrored popularity poll, ergo the top of a hate list isn't the same as the bottom of a popularity poll. If we/type moon/etc made a hate poll, Shinji would be the natural choice by far, and even if others got voted over Shinji, most of the time it would be under the reasoning "I hated Shinji a lot more, but I wanted to make a point by voting this x character I didn't like because y story arc sucks". Or maybe Zouken, but I'd rather wait for HF to come out before I make that call.
matthewfarenheit
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » September 13th, 2008, 4:52 pm

Yeah, I know, that's why I said "the less popular are..."
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » September 13th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Kansho wrote:Yeah, I know, that's why I said "the less popular are..."

Ok, just saying :wink:
matthewfarenheit
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 14th, 2008, 6:41 am

Yea its pretty funny how FSN has 2 of the most annoying chars ever (Shinji and Shirou) yet its such a popular visual novel. So what makes this visual novel so awesome?

Sakura, that is all.
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » September 14th, 2008, 6:50 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:Yea its pretty funny how FSN has 2 of the most annoying chars ever (Shinji and Shirou) yet its such a popular visual novel. So what makes this visual novel so awesome?

Sakura, that is all.
^you phail. saber >>>sakura. [/spam]
besides, shirou isn't that annoying as you thought. for people who truly knows him, that is.

also, why would everyone despise shinji? he deserves some "love" for the feats he'd been through (being a scapegoat and such) :lol:
c'mon, at least have a pity on a character that dies every time just for the sake of being ridiculed. :lol:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby DarkEyes » September 14th, 2008, 7:10 am

Raitei wrote:.....also, why would everyone despise shinji? he deserves some "love" for the feats he'd been through (being a scapegoat and such) :lol:

dude >.> bad joke.. i think shinji deserves to be raped by...... UNLIMITED HORNY RHYNO WORKS xD
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Inverted » September 14th, 2008, 7:46 am

The amount of Shinji hate shows how well done his character. If you take aside,popularity and infamy , and take a 'neutral popularity' view (poor choice of words I know) Shinji ,by far, trounces ever other character in Nasuverse.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ServantRider » September 14th, 2008, 1:47 pm

And they all lived happily ever after....... well, almost all.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Rikh » September 14th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Ignoring joke characters as "Kinoko Nasu", "Takashi Takeuchi", "Gatling Shirou", "Tiger dojo Saber, Rin, Sakura", alter characters as "Kuro Saber", "Kuro Sakura", "Arturia" or things like "Angra Mainyu"... the less popular are:

Who are Kuro saber/sakura??? o.o
Also tiger dojo saber sounds /win
Gatling shirou? O.o
Need pics, naow!
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat