Dislikable characters

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby gexer64 » September 20th, 2008, 3:51 am

Sex? I thought Nasu was writing about food.....
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » September 20th, 2008, 5:28 am

no, he's writing about carcinology and teuthology. :P
anyway, back to topic. anyone here wants zouken stabbed more than shinji?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Einherjar » September 20th, 2008, 5:38 am

Raitei wrote:no, he's writing about carcinology and teuthology. :P
anyway, back to topic. anyone here wants zouken stabbed more than shinji?

Count me in. He is the reason why Shinji is like that in the first place. Shinji would have been a better person... probably.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » September 20th, 2008, 10:48 am

Einherjar wrote:Count me in. He is the reason why Shinji is like that in the first place. Shinji would have been a better person... probably.
Actually, Shinji WAS a better person.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » September 20th, 2008, 10:31 pm

Sakura fails as a main heroine.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » September 20th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Lulz trolling.

Seriously, even Kinoko said that he didn't made her to reach the TOP3. And then in the second poll she and Rider (Rider almost wins Archer) increased their votes thanks to the pretty brutal vote-fall of Saber, Rin and Ilya. So, they are pretty much satisfied with her results.

(And really, the first poll is a bit.... off. Was made not even a month after the game was released.)
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » September 20th, 2008, 11:04 pm

links to the other polls? images?
I would bet that if Nasu did something so she isn't in the top 3 ( i don't think he did something), there was no need, i mean... seriously.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » September 20th, 2008, 11:29 pm

I think that the polls are in TYPE-MOON official webpage. I think that there are some polls in magazines too.

2nd poll -
1- Saber: 15808 (-5569 votes)
2- Rin: 11697 (-5741 votes)
3- Archer: 7996 (-4304 votes)
4- Rider: 7780 (-329 votes. Oh, I was wrong with her, she lost a few then.)
5- Sakura: 6978 (+1230 votes)
6- Lancer: 6700 (+2896 votes)
8- Ilya: 5614 (-1489 votes)

Really, I fail to see how to call "unpopular" to the characters in the TOP10. This ones are the "popular ones", indeed.

And regarding to Sakura, well, Saber and Rin are the idol-kind uberpopular heroine. Sakura not, she is the complex deep white/black dual-kind. So, Saber and Rin are more "likeable" to the masses, while Sakura is popular on her own degree (She's in the TOP5, plenty of doujins, plenty of fanarts, etc...) but not THAT popular, as she wasn't made that way. She is just another type of heroine, and her route is different too.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » September 20th, 2008, 11:46 pm

I'm not too sure I like the idea of Sakura being ahead of Lancer....in fact, I don't think I like the idea of anybody being ahead of Lancer.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shikiller » September 21st, 2008, 12:01 am

Kansho wrote:I think that the polls are in TYPE-MOON official webpage. I think that there are some polls in magazines too.

2nd poll -
1- Saber: 15808 (-5569 votes)
2- Rin: 11697 (-5741 votes)
3- Archer: 7996 (-4304 votes)
4- Rider: 7780 (-329 votes. Oh, I was wrong with her, she lost a few then.)
5- Sakura: 6978 (+1230 votes)
6- Lancer: 6700 (+2896 votes)
8- Ilya: 5614 (-1489 votes)

Really, I fail to see how to call "unpopular" to the characters in the TOP10.

because there are no THAT many relevant characters and her votes are kinda few being a main heroine?

Kansho wrote:Saber and Rin are the idol-kind uberpopular heroine. Sakura not, she is the complex deep white/black dual-kind.

o lol you are only looking for a fight with Saber and Rin fans there.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » September 21st, 2008, 12:05 am

Fate/stay night is full of relevant characters.... ^^U. I don't see here Shirou, Avenger, Gilgamesh, Kirei, Zouken, Kuzuki... they are relevant characters, but their popularity is medium-rate, low-rate or poor-rate.

Caren and Bazett are in this TOP10 too, and they are CLEARLY popular.

And I still didn't see how 7000 votes are "low". That's a lot of votes, it's only that above characters are more popular (and Rider and Archer only a bit, and they are pretty much the most popular Servants, Saber aside...) If she was at a low rank then ok, but that's not the case, she is popular, so I don't see the problem here.

In the first poll, you even have TYPE-MOON's pre-poll character impressions. For example, Sakura is second popularity-type, Rin is first popularity-type. They were expecting that results. Not all the main heroines must be THAT popular, and I think that I never saw a game with that happening.

And really, wasn't you the one who didn't care about the polls? A character is a character, I didn't think that a poll means really much. As long someone likes a character, I didn't see any problem. For example Kotomine Kirei is Kinoko's favorite character, he is the main villain in Fate/stay night, a really deep, complex and good character, but he is at medium-rate popularity wise. All of this is subjective.

Shikiller wrote:o lol you are only looking for a fight with Saber and Rin fans there.
Nononono, I'm calling them "likeable", not better nor worst as a character. And that's the truth, they are the idols of the game. Sakura on the other place, is a character with a white side and a black side. She is less popular because her character traits are supposed to be that way.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 21st, 2008, 2:09 am

Kansho wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Count me in. He is the reason why Shinji is like that in the first place. Shinji would have been a better person... probably.
Actually, Shinji WAS a better person.

I know, I'm just joking. I can pretty much tell. Sakura took everything away from him.

P.S. Saber FTW
Last edited by Einherjar on September 21st, 2008, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 21st, 2008, 6:16 am

Shikiller wrote:Sakura fails as a main heroine.
(Spoiler added for decreased size)

I'm pretty ok with those results. Although Fuji-Nee should be third. She also has USW *Unlimited Shinai Works* which is the most overpowered NP in history

Rin = Win

My most disliked character is ummm... I wanna say Shinji, but he wasnt too bad (at least post UBW ending)
I would have to say Assasin. He is too Gar in all the arcs... Its not fair for the others
but seriously, Zoken i pretty much hate the most. Mostly being spoiled in HF on forums, other games, and etc, i have to say he is the biggest *censor* in fate
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby RikkuHime » September 21st, 2008, 9:29 pm

Eh...

I really have to say I hate Shinji the most. Gil did evil things, but his personality just makes it seem that you know it would happen.

Shinji was just an all-around jerk in all routes.
RikkuHime
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryougi07 » October 3rd, 2008, 3:24 am

Einherjar wrote: I'm just joking. I can pretty much tell. Sakura took everything away from him.

Yeah poor Shinji *says this while sticking his heart with Gae Bolg*
He's a typical char. that inevitably gets hated...
Ryougi07
Addict

Unread postby rarri » October 3rd, 2008, 1:36 pm

that one guy wrote:I'm not too sure I like the idea of Sakura being ahead of Lancer....in fact, I don't think I like the idea of anybody being ahead of Lancer.

You can sex Sakura. I think that explains it.
rarri
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » October 3rd, 2008, 1:58 pm

this lancer >>> that lancer

btw, most dislikable duo (with the fact that the bounty on their heads is pretty high) :

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Shikiller » October 3rd, 2008, 5:11 pm

This is alive?
1-hey ratei, why are you acting as if you have read Fate/ Zero? and why do you think that the 4th Lancer is superior to the 5th Lancer?

and i still am wondering why a big breasted, submissive, with moe atributtes character like Sakura is the less popular heroine, japan loves big breasted submissive women, the "yandere" and other simmilar traits didn't stop Fujino and Kohaku to be popular, and is not like fans really look into characters personalities, taking Saber as an example, it doesn't matter if her story is deep, she is just popular for her moe lol.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » October 3rd, 2008, 5:36 pm

In Japan, Kohaku turned into a popular character thanks to Melty Blood. Why? Tragic/Dark character -> Joke character.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » October 3rd, 2008, 8:10 pm

Anyone can read Fate/Zero (At least the first book and part of the second). Go here.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat