Dislikable characters

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raitei » September 14th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Rikh wrote:
Ignoring joke characters as "Kinoko Nasu", "Takashi Takeuchi", "Gatling Shirou", "Tiger dojo Saber, Rin, Sakura", alter characters as "Kuro Saber", "Kuro Sakura", "Arturia" or things like "Angra Mainyu"... the less popular are:

Who are Kuro saber/sakura??? o.o
Also tiger dojo saber sounds /win
Gatling shirou? O.o
Need pics, naow!
dude, believe me or not, you have seen all those pictures.
kuroi saber & sakura = black saber & dark sakura
tiger dojo saber = chibi saber (along with chibi rin and sakura) which is there when you get all the tiger stamps in a route.
gatling shirou = shirou in fate, when his arm is modified in the "afterworld" after saber "killed" him because he didn't want to prepare lunch. note : not a bad ending.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby ServantRider » September 14th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Dark/ Black/ Kuro Sakura

Dark/ Black/ Kuro Saber

I won't reveal anything with them. Wait for Heaven's Feel. I shouldn't even know this yet.

Trust me. She's not. You know Tiger Dojo Rin, Saber and Sakura. They sometimes appear in the Tiger Dojo with Taiga and Ilya. They're the screwed up versions of their regular selves. Super Deformed (SD for short).
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Rikh » September 14th, 2008, 4:07 pm

Raitei wrote:
Rikh wrote:
Ignoring joke characters as "Kinoko Nasu", "Takashi Takeuchi", "Gatling Shirou", "Tiger dojo Saber, Rin, Sakura", alter characters as "Kuro Saber", "Kuro Sakura", "Arturia" or things like "Angra Mainyu"... the less popular are:

Gatling shirou? O.o
Need pics, naow!
dude, believe me or not, you have seen all those pictures.
kuroi saber & sakura = black saber & dark sakura
tiger dojo saber = chibi saber (along with chibi rin and sakura) which is there when you get all the tiger stamps in a route.
gatling shirou = shirou in fate, when his arm is modified in the "afterworld" after saber "killed" him because he didn't want to prepare lunch. note : not a bad ending.

oh yah ive seen them all. Although Gattling shirou was new. i just checked that fake bad ending in the fate route.
it was epic. I liked how they said its really a rare treat to see shirous body in normal form after he died
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby baubo » September 17th, 2008, 1:01 pm

To be honest, I don't really dislike any of the characters in F/SN except for the Mato family.
Except for Sakura, as she's not technically a Mato. Adding the tag in case this is a HF spoiler(been a while so I can't remember)

So if you discount them, the next in line has to be Saber and Shiro(Fate versions), because I'm easily annoyed by overly "good" characters in stories. Because I feel like they always get away with doing absurd things simply because the story will not let them die to suicidal actions.
baubo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » September 17th, 2008, 1:37 pm

baubo wrote:To be honest, I don't really dislike any of the characters in F/SN except for the Mato family.
Except for Sakura, as she's not technically a Mato. Adding the tag in case this is a HF spoiler(been a while so I can't remember)

So if you discount them, the next in line has to be Saber and Shiro(Fate versions), because I'm easily annoyed by overly "good" characters in stories. Because I feel like they always get away with doing absurd things simply because the story will not let them die to suicidal actions.
saber's not "overly good", just too... idealistic.
or to be more precise, past-burdened.
heck, she won't even hesitate to kill someone to accomplish her goal.

and I found fate shirou more mature than ubw shirou, if you know what I mean... both relationship-wise (I don't say rin x shirou is bad), and ideals as a man (heck, if you look closely, ubw shirou is more naive than him)
ubw is the route where shirou's change in ideal is least apparent.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Shikiller » September 17th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Shirou is always naive, but yes is less naive in Fate , i feel than in ubw he cares more about trying to prove Archer wrong than to follow the ideal. like " i will follow the ideal to prove that Archer is wrong, i care more about proving him wrong than to believe in the ideal, the ideal is just fine, i will follow it because it's beatiful."
And Shirou's relantionship with Rin is bad, it looks like a plot device to make look the h-scene acceptable. ( at least Shirou's love/admiration for Saber and love for Sakura makes him change)

I'm easily annoyed by overly "good" characters in stories. Because I feel like they always get away with doing absurd things simply because the story will not let them die to suicidal actions.

What the hell are you doing reading fsn then?
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » September 17th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Shikiller wrote:Shirou is always naive, but yes is less naive in Fate , i feel than in ubw he cares more about trying to prove Archer wrong than to follow the ideal. like " i will follow the ideal to prove that Archer is wrong, i care more about proving him wrong than to believe in the ideal, the ideal is just fine, i will follow it because it's beatiful."
And Shirou's relantionship with Rin is bad, it looks like a plot device to make look the h-scene acceptable. ( at least Shirou's love/admiration for Saber and love for Sakura makes him change)

I'm easily annoyed by overly "good" characters in stories. Because I feel like they always get away with doing absurd things simply because the story will not let them die to suicidal actions.

What the hell are you doing reading fsn then?

your post is teh liez

Shiro x Rin = Winsauce

Rin pwns, Tsundere ftw!
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Divine » September 17th, 2008, 10:27 pm

I don't like Shinji and Kirei. Not because of any particular part of their personality. I kinda like them in a way. But they're too obvious. I knew that I would end up killing them after the first conversation. Meh, I would have liked a bit more disguising of their evil intents.

Rin scared me. Even though I knew she was an ally, I just couldn't help thinking that I would wake up to find a knife at my throat or something like that >.>
Divine
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » September 17th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Divine wrote:Rin scared me. Even though I knew she was an ally, I just couldn't help thinking that I would wake up to find a knife at my throat or something like that >.>
Rin is pure facade, she talks a lot, but her bark is worse than her bite. You get to see it around the whole game
(Even in UBW you see this in the Bad End when she alter Shirou memories. She could have killed him, but she didn't, even if she was saying "I will kill you blablabla"...)
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby baubo » September 17th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Raitei wrote:
baubo wrote:To be honest, I don't really dislike any of the characters in F/SN except for the Mato family.

saber's not "overly good", just too... idealistic.
or to be more precise, past-burdened.
heck, she won't even hesitate to kill someone to accomplish her goal.

and I found fate shirou more mature than ubw shirou, if you know what I mean... both relationship-wise (I don't say rin x shirou is bad), and ideals as a man (heck, if you look closely, ubw shirou is more naive than him)
ubw is the route where shirou's change in ideal is least apparent.

I think I used the wrong word here. It has less to do with being idealistic, but rather trying to do the impossible. I know this sounds a little stupid considering I did spend like 50 hours reading F/SN, which is all about this stuff... but it's a minor complaint in an otherwise amazing story.

Raitei wrote:What the hell are you doing reading fsn then?

You might want to read my ENTIRE post first, rather than just picking one sentence out of context.
baubo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » September 18th, 2008, 2:07 am

baubo wrote:I think I used the wrong word here. It has less to do with being idealistic, but rather trying to do the impossible. I know this sounds a little stupid considering I did spend like 50 hours reading F/SN, which is all about this stuff... but it's a minor complaint in an otherwise amazing story.
that's why she and shirou went all like that in f/sn. the boy wanting to save the girl from her past, and vice versa. and in the end, they both walked the path without regrets, you know.

baubo wrote:
baubo thinks it's Raitei who wrote:What the hell are you doing reading fsn then?

You might want to read my ENTIRE post first, rather than just picking one sentence out of context.
who the heck are you pointing that quote at?
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Einherjar » September 18th, 2008, 2:49 am

Raitei wrote:
baubo wrote:
baubo thinks it's Raitei who wrote:What the hell are you doing reading fsn then?

lol how did you make that kind of mistake, baubo? >_>
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » September 18th, 2008, 3:37 am

baubo wrote:

Stop picking on the noobs Ratei, that's not nice

Image[
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Brizzle » September 18th, 2008, 7:01 am

The Rin x Shiro relationship did feel a little rushed, I'll agree. I do think if not for the necessity of it, they would definitely not be at the point of being in sexual relationship at that point in UBW. However, I do think that they would have gotten there fairly soon. Rin has harbored special feelings for Shiro for a while, and Shiro has had a crush on Rin as well. They go through the process of falling in love in UBW, and circumstances forced their relationship to move very quickly. Had things been different, I could see them being at merely the kissing stage of a relationship at the end. But, in the end, FSN is an eroge, so sex is always necessary.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » September 18th, 2008, 7:15 am

Shikiller wrote:
baubo wrote:

Stop picking on the noobs Ratei, that's not nice

sorry, I just don't like being "accused" for someone else's line... <_<

But, in the end, FSN is an eroge, so sex is always necessary.
... nasu might want to write a more "appropriate" storyline instead of "forcing" it like that, then. <_<
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Brizzle » September 18th, 2008, 7:31 am

Raitei wrote:
... nasu might want to write a more "appropriate" storyline instead of "forcing" it like that, then. <_<

I think a better job is done in Realta Nua. For whatever reason, I feel that the "fish" scene is actually more erotic than the ero-scene in FSN. :? It's probably the look on their faces.

Either way, they both come out of the experience bonded even closer together (physically, spiritually and emotionally).
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby baubo » September 18th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Raitei wrote:
baubo wrote:

Well, it's easy to misspell "Shikiller" as "Raitei". *Shrugs*
baubo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rikh » September 18th, 2008, 3:40 pm

Brizzle wrote:
Raitei wrote:

I think a better job is done in Realta Nua. For whatever reason, I feel that the "fish" scene is actually more erotic than the ero-scene in FSN. :? It's probably the look on their faces.

Either way, they both come out of the experience bonded even closer together (physically, spiritually and emotionally).

did Rin get really pissed at the end of that scene? Cause that's how it ended on PC XP

Also some of RN's stuff was pretty amazing compared to fate (graphics and fight wise)

baubo wrote:Well, it's easy to misspell "Shikiller" as "Raitei". *Shrugs*

I'm sorry.... What????
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 18th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Rikh wrote:did Rin get really pissed at the end of that scene? Cause that's how it ended on PC XP

Also some of RN's stuff was pretty amazing compared to fate (graphics and fight wise)
if you mean the cg, yes, it's more awesome.if you mean the actual fight, no, because it's but the very same fight from f/sn.

Rikh wrote:I'm sorry.... What????
... it's just his mind recorded shikiller = raitei. peh. :roll:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Message » September 19th, 2008, 6:18 am

Stop the quote-of-a-quote-of-a-quote posting war, people. I've already said this in another thread. Don't quote 20cm of screen space just to say one bloody line.

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat