FSN/UBW Story Arc Confusion

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

FSN/UBW Story Arc Confusion

Unread postby Bassic » September 7th, 2008, 7:42 am

Hello all,

My younger half sister teaches English (or maybe Engrish?) in Japan and she is always suggesting anime for me to watch. FSN was sadly hidden from me for a long time, but recently I got to enjoy the anime. I later found out about the original game. I begged long enough to get her to send me a copy of the original game. My Japanese is decent enough for listening to anime, or getting the gist out of most text. FSN is not a game that survives on "gists" tho, so I eagerly downloaded version 2.0 of this wonderful translation. I installed the game and 2.0 patch and started the game. Its from Rin's perspective, so I'm worried that I'm on UBW instead of FSN my first play through. Is this the case? if so, how do I correct it? Also, what is this third route I hear of? I've tried to piece this together by reading existing posts, but I'm still confused. One last thing, if I may test your collective patience a little longer, one of the things I loved most in the anime is the "tone" (innocence) of the relationship between Saber and Emiya. I realize the nature of this game, and that it "expands" on that relationship, but does it change the overall "feel" of that relationship? I'm refering to the FSN route, as I'm certain the other two change it a very great deal. Any guidence, opinion or comment would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry I have made you read this semi-ramble of a post.
Bassic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DarkEyes » September 7th, 2008, 8:08 am

ok...... so.. first off the part which u play as Rin is the prologue.. ull get off it after 3 game days and then get to play as emiya...
dunn wry about routes cuz in order to get on ubw u need to have fate completed....
the third route is heavens feel and to get to it u need to finish ubw... see how everything works out nicely? xD
as for the tone thing i have no idea.... i started watching the anime only after i played the fsn demo so it looked lame compared to da game =p
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 7th, 2008, 8:14 am

Please note that your question RE: POV was answered in THE FAQ (see question 11).

In the future, please use this resource before asking questions. I didn't put it together for people to just ignore it.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Bassic » September 7th, 2008, 8:30 am

My apologies AlinSabel, I honestly didnt see it, even tho it is stickied. It must be a combination of my lack of sleep, and that phenomonon (sp?) of looking for something so hard, you dont see the thing you are looking for right in front of you. I'm sorry for the rudeness of ignoring such a (in hindsight) complete guide. Thank you for taking the time to point it out to me.

Also, thank you DarkEyes, for taking the time to explain the progression to me. I guess I was so eager not to ruin it for myself, that I didnt really think the concept through. it makes complete sense that Arcs would be translated in the order they are unlocked. Believe it or not, I really did spend over 2 hours reading the first 7 pages this forum looking for the info I saught. I even tried the search feature.

Once again, I have posted a huge amount, forgive me, I just like words too much.
Bassic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DarkEyes » September 7th, 2008, 8:50 am

chillax dude.. no biggy =p
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Serpentarius » September 7th, 2008, 7:53 pm

To answer your other question, yes, I think that Saber and Shirou's relationship does retain that "innocent" tone right up until the end, even when they do stuff that's generally not considered "innocent," in the Fate route. :P At least, that's the impression that I got.
Serpentarius
Might just like this board

Unread postby Bassic » September 7th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Thanks Serpentarius,
I think you know what I was asking, and I think you answered it. a relationship doesnt need to be unadult to be have a sense of innocence to it.
Bassic
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat