Flowchart Definitions [To clarify]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Flowchart Definitions [To clarify]

Unread postby ServantRider » September 6th, 2008, 11:39 am

I'm about to head into the previously untouched Unlimited Blade Works route on Fate/ Stay Night and I took a quick look at the flowchart just for the heck of it (out of interest), and I couldn't help noticing something at the very end that I must question.
I get that [point] += 1 means it adds a certain point in the choice.
[point]>= 1 means the you need more than the indicated number of that type of point in order to meet that requirement.
[point]<= 1 means the opposite, meaning you need less than the point indicated to meet the requirement.
However, two such things perplex me because I don't quite get it. And they're shown for the endings.
[point]== 1 though now that I think about it, probably means you need exactly that amount, no more no less. And
[point]!= 1 which I honestly have absolutely no clue about.
If someone can clarify exactly what those mean, I'd appreciate it very much.

PS: In case you were wondering what the hell I was doing if I had the flowchart and hadn't gone through UBW yet, because I didn't exactly know the conditions at the time to enter UBW, I was going through Fate purposefully making dumbass mistakes in order to collect Tiger Stamps for the Fate route.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Re: Flowchart Definitions [To clarify]

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 6th, 2008, 2:03 pm

ServantRider wrote:I'm about to head into the previously untouched Unlimited Blade Works route on Fate/ Stay Night and I took a quick look at the flowchart just for the heck of it (out of interest), and I couldn't help noticing something at the very end that I must question.
I get that [point] += 1 means it adds a certain point in the choice.
[point]>= 1 means the you need more than the indicated number of that type of point in order to meet that requirement.
[point]<= 1 means the opposite, meaning you need less than the point indicated to meet the requirement.
However, two such things perplex me because I don't quite get it. And they're shown for the endings.
[point]== 1 though now that I think about it, probably means you need exactly that amount, no more no less. And
[point]!= 1 which I honestly have absolutely no clue about.
If someone can clarify exactly what those mean, I'd appreciate it very much.

PS: In case you were wondering what the hell I was doing if I had the flowchart and hadn't gone through UBW yet, because I didn't exactly know the conditions at the time to enter UBW, I was going through Fate purposefully making dumbass mistakes in order to collect Tiger Stamps for the Fate route.

These are all pretty standard computer programming notations (although, to be sure specific syntax varies language by language), which may be confusing to a first timer reader of them.

The "+=" operator is actually the "add and assign" operator. It takes whatever the old value stored in that variable was and adds to it the amount specified. As an example "x += 3" is the same as writing "x = x + 3".
The operators ">=" and "<=" are simple comparison tests exactly like you surmised.
"==" is another comparison test, which checks whether the variable is equal to the test value, much like you guessed. (A single "=" could not be used as that's the assignment operator, meaning a new operator had to be defined for comparison purposes).
Finally, "!=" is a comparison test for negation. It means "not equals". For example, "x != 3" returns true if and only if the value stored in x is not the value '3'.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ServantRider » September 6th, 2008, 2:26 pm

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I understand now.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Einherjar » September 6th, 2008, 6:15 pm

ServantRider wrote:Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I understand now.

Remember, 1 in computer programming as boolean stands for true, where as 0 stands for false.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 7th, 2008, 7:49 pm

you can also just be nice to the girl you want a good ending with

Thats how i understand points :)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby CSXLoser » September 7th, 2008, 8:32 pm

Rikh wrote:you can also just be nice to the girl you want a good ending with

Thats how i understand points :)
what he said
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 8th, 2008, 10:13 am

That doesn't help when you're trying to collect the bad ends, like the OP mentioned they were interested in, though. Sometimes the conditions for getting a particular Tiger Dojo are less than obvious. The flowchart can be helpful here.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chronowraith » September 8th, 2008, 5:32 pm

<.< i just found everything by luck :-/
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » September 8th, 2008, 8:31 pm

Chronowraith wrote:<.< i just found everything by luck :-/

Chronowraith
Strength - C
Magical Energy - None
Endurance - C
Agility - D
Luck - EX++
Noble Phantasm - EX

Noble Phantasm: Ending in sight
All is but a not-so-distant utopia

when activated, Chronowraith has the ability to see every possible outcome in an ero game. This ability rivals and surpasses even Unlimited Blade Works, Excalibur, Avalon, and Ea.... even put together

Noble Phantasm: Unlimited ero works

When activated it grants the user a reality marble in which they may receive any form of ero game and play until the endings. The games found in this marble are effectively translated into all languages, and all have level EX playability ran king. This reality marble is also the most efficient noble phantasm in existence. It requires only one unit of the users prana to activate. While it is impossible for chronowraith to activate this ability due to lack of even one unit of prana, he may be able to dream about the possibility of it working
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 9th, 2008, 5:14 pm

@Rikh... While reading.. I thought...

"Hmmmm... This servent would still lose against Servent Heroic Raitei...."
Found here: viewtopic.php?t=613&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=320

However.. I laughed when i read this sad sad fate of 'forced to only dream'...
Rikh wrote:While it is impossible for chronowraith to activate this ability due to lack of even one unit of prana, he may be able to dream about the possibility of it working
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sprawly241 » October 8th, 2008, 3:10 am

Rikh wrote:
Chronowraith wrote:<.< i just found everything by luck :-/

Chronowraith
Strength - C
Magical Energy - None
Endurance - C
Agility - D
Luck - EX++
Noble Phantasm - EX

Noble Phantasm: Ending in sight
All is but a not-so-distant utopia

when activated, Chronowraith has the ability to see every possible outcome in an ero game. This ability rivals and surpasses even Unlimited Blade Works, Excalibur, Avalon, and Ea.... even put together

Noble Phantasm: Unlimited ero works

When activated it grants the user a reality marble in which they may receive any form of ero game and play until the endings. The games found in this marble are effectively translated into all languages, and all have level EX playability ran king. This reality marble is also the most efficient noble phantasm in existence. It requires only one unit of the users prana to activate. While it is impossible for chronowraith to activate this ability due to lack of even one unit of prana, he may be able to dream about the possibility of it working

ROFLCOPTERS

hahahahahahhaha

I can't believe you came up with that all on your own.
Sprawly241
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby jikap » October 13th, 2008, 10:26 pm

About the Fate flowchart though... and just to be careful...
Any idea why there's an Ilya point in day 8 of the fate route? I honestly can't find any use for it ^^;
jikap
Might just like this board

Unread postby phib » October 13th, 2008, 10:52 pm

jikap wrote:About the Fate flowchart though... and just to be careful...
Any idea why there's an Ilya point in day 8 of the fate route? I honestly can't find any use for it ^^;

For the secret Ilya route obviously.
phib
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » October 14th, 2008, 12:47 am

which will guide you to the Subliminal Neko-arc and Mecha Hisui routes
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat