First post, hurrah! Is it possible to...

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

First post, hurrah! Is it possible to...

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 12:39 am

...Somehow find the 3CD version of the game? I /really/, /really/ don't want to invest in a DVD drive I'll rarely use, but I love TYPE-MOON and Saber is downright gorgeous. And I've checked eBay and suchsuch, so... Yeah...

Any help would be /lovely/, and I must say that I was amazed by Mirror-Moon's Tsuki' translation. It made me see that H-games could have...*gasp* Actual, honest-to-god, legible grammar!

Once again, any help would be lovely. Thanks in advance.
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Rikh » September 3rd, 2008, 12:48 am

umm you can use various programs on the net to rip the CD image from the cd and then load it onto a virtual drive. This is probably a good choice for those with CD drives that cannot read the disks. (make sure you buy them though :) )
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 1:28 am

Whoa, whoa... Lemme get this straight...

I could use something like DaemonTools or Alc120% or somethin'... To... rip the... files from the DVD, and not have to buy a DVD drive?! <3
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 3rd, 2008, 1:47 am

Pikpikbak wrote:Whoa, whoa... Lemme get this straight...

I could use something like DaemonTools or Alc120% or somethin'... To... rip the... files from the DVD, and not have to buy a DVD drive?! <3
no, you NEED the dvd drive to rip'em from the dvd, or else how could you get access to the files.
EDITED: never mind.... real answers below <.<
Last edited by Catastrophe on September 3rd, 2008, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 3rd, 2008, 1:50 am

as long as the dvd is original and yours, why not? ;)
you could just borrow your friend's dvd drive or whatever...

Off Topic
yay, another saber fan comrade :D
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 1:58 am

Catastrophe wrote:no, you NEED the dvd drive to rip'em from the dvd, or else how could you get access to the files.
perhaps what rik suggested was to, once you purchased the game, download the image, i think that way is not illegal.
but, have the staffers say their word first.

Speaking of staffers, or someone who knows for sure, it'd be lovely for a response from one of them. And Raitei. ._. None of my friends have DVD drives, sadly. Waitasecond... *looks to his laptop* Okay! New question! ^^; If I installed it on my laptop, would I be able to yank the files to a USB Flash Drive and pop 'em on m'PC? And yes, Raitei, another Saber fan!
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby that one guy » September 3rd, 2008, 2:04 am

Sounds plausible to me. You'd have to have a fairly good USB drive though.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 2:17 am

Wow, so many posts in just one thread... Danke all! ^^ And say I did it with Tsukihime on my four gig flash drive, think that'd work? Sorry for all the questions, I jus' don't wanna import, then wait to purchase a DVD drive. ^^;
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 3rd, 2008, 2:41 am

Catastrophe wrote:

no, you NEED the dvd drive to rip'em from the dvd, or else how could you get access to the files.
perhaps what rik suggested was to, once you purchased the game, download the image, i think that way is not illegal.
but, have the staffers say their word first.

That way is illegal. You may make copies of your own copy, but you may not download a copy of someone else's copy.

And yes, you can transfer like that. Or even via network.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 3rd, 2008, 2:41 am

you can purchase the DvD and have a friend make it into a iso file
then store that on a flash drive

or you can have your friend install the full translated fate game... and then copy all the files... i think that might work...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 3:38 am

AlinSabel: So the USB Drive way /is/ good? One final question, then I'll shut up! Honest! ^_^; I'm assuming this is a "Yes," but can any DVD drive play any DVD? My laptop can play my anime collection jus' fine... but I've never tried a DVD game.
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 3rd, 2008, 3:39 am

Pikpikbak wrote:AlinSabel: So the USB Drive way /is/ good? One final question, then I'll shut up! Honest! ^_^; I'm assuming this is a "Yes," but can any DVD drive play any DVD? My laptop can play my anime collection jus' fine... but I've never tried a DVD game.
they will, just ensure drivers and the such 8)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 3:41 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Pikpikbak wrote:AlinSabel: So the USB Drive way /is/ good? One final question, then I'll shut up! Honest! ^_^; I'm assuming this is a "Yes," but can any DVD drive play any DVD? My laptop can play my anime collection jus' fine... but I've never tried a DVD game.

Drivers? (Shut up, Bak. >.> )
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 3rd, 2008, 3:45 am

Pikpikbak wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:

Drivers? (Shut up, Bak. >.> )
hrmm, yeah, drivers, as when you...download...drivers :roll:

meh, just try it, i dont think any drive will have problem
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 3:47 am

Hurrah! Thanks much, all of you, not only for answering my questions, but to answer rambles that came after having far too little caffeine in my system. ^^ I'm finally going to shut up and prowl other topics now.

- Bak
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Message » September 3rd, 2008, 8:13 am

We've had a discussion about this matter in the staff channel, and as sad as it is, we cannot endorse people using our translations on illegal copies of the game. Pikpikbak, there are three things you can do. One, find the CD version and play that. Two, buy the DVD and then use a friend's pc to make an ISO image of your DVD and carry it home on an external HDD or USB stick (as long as you don't give the ISO to anyone else). Three, buy a DVD drive. You can get a DVD drive for less than 6 Euro these days, so this seems like the best option to me.

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 3rd, 2008, 10:18 am

In response to the "friend's PC" comment, I'm assuming any other PC (or notebook, etc.) would do? Sorry about all the questions, I just don't want to trip up a loophole of legal questionability, which I know and understand is not a real word. ^^;
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Raitei » September 3rd, 2008, 11:10 am

Pikpikbak wrote:In response to the "friend's PC" comment, I'm assuming any other PC (or notebook, etc.) would do? Sorry about all the questions, I just don't want to trip up a loophole of legal questionability, which I know and understand is not a real word. ^^;
anything would. as long as it has a dvd drive... :lol:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Message » September 3rd, 2008, 12:04 pm

And as long as you don't give him the ISO you create. It's only legal to create copies for yourself, not for other people.

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 3rd, 2008, 5:42 pm

*Butting in*

Hmm.. Im gonna agree on Message on this one...
Get yourself a DVD drive... I agree... Its simple to install, and its worth all the money...

WHAT?!

Its the truth.. Really! You cant say that its going to be a 'drive that you will rarely use'... We have to face it... Technolodgy advancements forces us to upgrade our systems as time sees fit...

From what i know.. ANY DVD drive can play a CD-Rom just as easilly... So you're not at all restricted to DVDs, meaning you can still use the normal CD-roms if you want to... but personally, i think a 4GB memory space is much better than a 700mb nowadays... And nowadays, diskette drives are almost non-existance...

Sure... Maybe you have already solved your problems with the 'friends laptop' solution or USB... But im telling you... The same problem is gonna appear when Type-Moon decides to release a new game sometime in the future... Today's media is DVDs, while the media of the future is the effing Blu-rays... Game files are just getting bigger and bigger... And its not just limited to TM games...

Like Tsukihime 2 thats gonna be translated sometime early April next year.... *COUGH!*lies*COUGH!*lies*COUGH!* :twisted:

Still its all your decision to make.. Im just putting in my 2cents...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat