First post, hurrah! Is it possible to...

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 4th, 2008, 3:33 am

Well technically I think now a DVD burnner may be cheaper then it was before since they are now comming out with the BluRay Players for some of these next gen. PCs and Laptops. So with that if you think about it it'll be a while for a BluRay Bunner to come into play, but it's porbablly best to get the DVD burner, since in th elong run most programs and games tend to be on that kind of format... for now that is.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 4th, 2008, 5:41 am

Inferno_flamex:

So... A DVD drive plays both CD-ROM and DVD-ROMs? (along with the usual music CDs, normal DVDs, etc, etc.)

Gah! I should know this kinda crap, I'm a bloody technophile! ><; ...a /broke/... technophile... but... one nonetheless...
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Maes » September 4th, 2008, 5:56 am

I think you'd actually be hard pressed to find a DVD burner that couldn't both read and write CD's as well. They usually wouldn't run you more than 25.00 USD either.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 4th, 2008, 5:39 pm

*nod* Righto, I think I have everything worked out. Thanks again, all! ^^
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby handey » September 4th, 2008, 7:29 pm

AlinSabel wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
Pikpikbak wrote:Whoa, whoa... Lemme get this straight...

I could use something like DaemonTools or Alc120% or somethin'... To... rip the... files from the DVD, and not have to buy a DVD drive?! <3
no, you NEED the dvd drive to rip'em from the dvd, or else how could you get access to the files.
perhaps what rik suggested was to, once you purchased the game, download the image, i think that way is not illegal.
but, have the staffers say their word first.

That way is illegal. You may make copies of your own copy, but you may not download a copy of someone else's copy.

And yes, you can transfer like that. Or even via network.

who cares? what you say is blatant lawyerism. afaik mirror moon discourages using illegal copies for ethical, not legal reasons, so i don't see any problem with that.
unless you're afraid police might come into your house, find the image on your disk AND prove it's not a copy of the dvd you bought.
which is even more ridiculous.
handey
Addict

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 4th, 2008, 8:34 pm

handey wrote: unless you're afraid police might come into your house, find the image on your disk AND prove it's not a copy of the dvd you bought.

Not to promote pirate activity or anything, but that's what I've always thought, to be honest. There's a slim-to-none chance, so why do people worry so much? Once again, not promoting pirate-esque activity. ^_^;
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 4th, 2008, 10:22 pm

handey wrote:who cares? what you say is blatant lawyerism. afaik mirror moon discourages using illegal copies for ethical, not legal reasons, so i don't see any problem with that.
unless you're afraid police might come into your house, find the image on your disk AND prove it's not a copy of the dvd you bought.

Um... how does specifying that a method of obtaining a copy of a commercial product is illegal mean that I'm not talking about ethics?

It is illegal to download an image of F/SN. mirror moon prefers that you do not do so. That is all my message is supposed to mean.

Blatant lawyerism? I'm sorry for being able to grasp what is legal and not. :roll:
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » September 5th, 2008, 7:51 am

handey, Pikpikbak and AlinSabel, please read rule number 2.

Thread locked to prevent (further) flaming.

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat