Rider cosplay

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Xamdou » October 22nd, 2008, 12:02 am

Whats wrong with being an Asian? :(
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 22nd, 2008, 12:36 am

There is nothing wrong with being aisan or that girl being of asian descent. The only "problem", which isn't really a problem, is that Saber is
caucasian because she is from Britain, why? well, she is king arthur and the guygirl hails from there
. Frankly I don't see much of a problem with the cosplayer being from some part of Asia, just look at Shirou, he has orange hair... not only him, Sakura and Shinji have purple-ish hair too. I suppose that what Sepheriel tried to say is that the cosplayer, being from Asia, can't accurately represent Saber's ethnicity. Although that could be misunderstood as a "racist comment", I highly doubt that's the case; I just say this to be on the safe-side of the possible shit-storm so... Time to study a bit, laters.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 22nd, 2008, 3:08 am

abscess wrote:There is nothing wrong with being aisan or that girl being of asian descent. The only "problem", which isn't really a problem, is that Saber is
caucasian because she is from Britain, why? well, she is king arthur and the guygirl hails from there
. Frankly I don't see much of a problem with the cosplayer being from some part of Asia, just look at Shirou, he has orange hair... not only him, Sakura and Shinji have purple-ish hair too. I suppose that what Sepheriel tried to say is that the cosplayer, being from Asia, can't accurately represent Saber's ethnicity. Although that could be misunderstood as a "racist comment", I highly doubt that's the case; I just say this to be on the safe-side of the possible shit-storm so... Time to study a bit, laters.

Yeah you are correct. Although see does an amazing job, she does not accurately portray Saber because of previously said statements.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » October 22nd, 2008, 3:26 am

Sepheriel wrote:
abscess wrote:There is nothing wrong with being aisan or that girl being of asian descent. The only "problem", which isn't really a problem, is that Saber is

Yeah you are correct. Although see does an amazing job, she does not accurately portray Saber because of previously said statements.

Because when I think cosplay, I think ACCURACY.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Tash » October 22nd, 2008, 4:50 am

nobaka wrote:Because when I think cosplay, I think ACCURACY.

Same. If I were into Cosplay, I'd go as a western anime character, like Candianman.
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Divine » October 22nd, 2008, 5:20 am

*Cough*

I'd call BS if I had the energy to do so.
Divine
Addict

Unread postby Xamdou » October 22nd, 2008, 6:21 am

Don't care about the races , there are things more worst like males cosplay into female anime characters which causes some people "Psychological Damages"
Last edited by Xamdou on October 23rd, 2008, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shirou12 » October 22nd, 2008, 12:27 pm

Well it depends on the cosplayer anyways, just imagine someone cosplaying the main character in family guy.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » October 22nd, 2008, 2:49 pm

Heh I just tried to click on the underlined psychological damages XD
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Belzera » October 22nd, 2008, 5:08 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Heh I just tried to click on the underlined psychological damages XD
I know I tried it over and over getting mad at the link XD, took me a minute or two to realise it was only Underlined
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » October 22nd, 2008, 10:48 pm

And i clicked underlined just to be sure. Aww but I was looking forward to some psychological damage T_T
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » October 23rd, 2008, 1:02 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:And i clicked underlined just to be sure. Aww but I was looking forward to some psychological damage T_T
Here it is :D
Psychological abuse or emotional abuse is a form of abuse characterized by a person subjecting or exposing another to behavior that is psychologically harmful.

Psychological abuse involves the willful infliction of mental or emotional anguish by threat, humiliation, or other verbal and non-verbal conduct. It is often associated with situations of power imbalance, such as situations of abusive relationships and child abuse. However, it can also take place on larger scales, such as group psychological abuse, racial oppression and bigotry. A more "mild" case might be that of workplace abuse. Workplace abuse is a large cause of workplace-related stress, which in turn is a strong cause of illness, both physical and mental.

Emotional abuse may entail the abuser downplaying the severity of abuse along with the act of invalidation. Invalidation is to reject, ignore, mock, tease, judge, or diminish the victim's feelings.

Community-based harassment, or gang stalking, is the adult equivalent of schoolyard bullying. Multiple individuals participate in the harassment of a single individual. However, rather than attack the victim physically, techniques are used to undermine a person psychologically. This can be far more damaging because not only is it hard to prove, but it is extremely traumatizing to the victim.

What sets community-based harassment apart is that its reason is often obscure to the victim. Without a solid reason for its occurrence, victims are often dismissed as delusional. In addition, this form of harassment often leaves the target a victim of ridicule among friends and family because of the subtle nature of the attacks, which further compounds the trauma. Psychological professionals, having received their own form of operant conditioning, look for diagnoses instead of considering that abuse might actually be occurring.

At the political level, this type of harassment knows no bounds and will continue no matter where the target moves. The objective is to make the target appear crazy, or to isolate and impoverish the target. Suicide, incarceration or death are also stated goals. The KGB and Stasi, among other intelligence services, have used this technique to disable opponents.
Source from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_abuse
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat