Is anything different between the extra and the standard?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Is anything different between the extra and the standard?

Unread postby whqnrjs » August 22nd, 2008, 8:41 am

Hi, I'm korean.

I want to play fate stay night with voice included.
But In korea, there is no voice patch.
So I wanted to play fsn with english patch and voice patch.

I bought the fate realta nua. and this is a extra edition.
but When I was to install 2.0 patch, I saw "could not find disc".

At first, I thought either realta nua disc or my dvd/rw drive has a problem.

so, I tried to make a image of realta nua.
I used alcohol 120% and ultra Iso. and I made a virtual image successfully.
I tried to install a patch and simultaneously I take realta nua cd in the disc and use a virtual disc.
but I couldn't install a patch. I saw "could not find disc", too.

Is anything different between the extra and the standard edition?
If not, why can't I install voice patch?
Please, help me.
whqnrjs
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » August 22nd, 2008, 10:15 am

The patch you downloaded is the English translation patch for the PC version of the game (not to confuse you, there's ONLY a PC version patch). The patch includes an option to rip the voices in the Realta Nua disc (PS2) so that you can play with inputted voices on your PC. In other words, you actually need to buy the PC version of the game if you want to be able to play Fate/Stay Night in English. Search around the forum if you want to know where to buy the PC version of the game, it's been answered so many times =(.

Just in case you wanted to know, the only difference with the Realta Nua extra edition and the regular is that the extra edition has an included PSP game (and i think the game versions might be different too, but that doesn't make a difference).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby whqnrjs » August 22nd, 2008, 11:18 am

.... I don't know what are you talking about it.
I have a pc version of Fate. and I want to make the game for pc voice-patched.
I have a ps2 version of Fate. but I can't make the voice patch installed because drive dosen't read the ps2 disc.
whqnrjs
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 22nd, 2008, 11:53 am

There was some discussion in the bug thread that a certain print (initial, I believe) of RN is not supported by the patch at this time.

You'll have to wait until a new patch is released to see if they've got all the product IDs of all prints of RN implemented.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby justinefremlouw » August 22nd, 2008, 3:49 pm

im pretty sure the 2.0 version will only recognize the standard version of realta...
justinefremlouw
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 22nd, 2008, 8:14 pm

Indeed, F/sn Eng v2.0 will only take the regular edition Realta Nua, containing the file SLPM_665.12 in its root drive. At least, I think it was 12... The other version has SLPM_665.13, maybe I'm confusing the two. One of them will work, the other will not. As AlinSabel mentioned, it will probably take until F/sn v3.0 is ready before this issue is fixed.

Unread postby Superflonic » August 25th, 2008, 8:58 am

Message wrote:Indeed, F/sn Eng v2.0 will only take the regular edition Realta Nua, containing the file SLPM_665.12 in its root drive. At least, I think it was 12... The other version has SLPM_665.13, maybe I'm confusing the two. One of them will work, the other will not. As AlinSabel mentioned, it will probably take until F/sn v3.0 is ready before this issue is fixed.

Can I ask you why, then? Or does it get too complicated when I do that?
The only reason I can think of that it would only work with one of the SLPM_665 files, is that it would be the copy protection?
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » August 25th, 2008, 9:20 am

The most direct cause is that the installer simply cannot identify the DVD as being a Realta Nua disc. But I've heard reports about an incompatible version that I never got around to look into, so there might be more to it than that.

Unread postby kaerstan01 » August 25th, 2008, 12:16 pm

or might as well search the net and download the realta nue DVD Ps2 voice file that has already been ripped and try to install it altogether with the game using the eng patch v2.0
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby Message » August 25th, 2008, 1:39 pm

kaerstan01 wrote:or might as well search the net and download the realta nue DVD Ps2 voice file that has already been ripped and try to install it altogether with the game using the eng patch v2.0

Not really, as redistribution without our approval would be in breach of the F/sn Englist EULA. Not to mention that the voice file would be 99% copyrighted material, so you'd be breaking the EULA on illegality, too.

Unread postby Rikh » August 26th, 2008, 12:16 am

Maybe you guys can have a circle with F/SN Disks for sale already translated... In which case each disk would encompass the minimum required amount of money to actually buy the disks... Then send profits to Typemoon directly?
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 26th, 2008, 4:03 am

Rikh wrote:Maybe you guys can have a circle with F/SN Disks for sale already translated... In which case each disk would encompass the minimum required amount of money to actually buy the disks... Then send profits to Typemoon directly?

This project was not authorised by TYPE MOON. If TYPE MOON wanted to do that, they would have already approached mirror moon, and would distribute the discs themselves. But they weren't, they don't, and it is highly unlikely that they would be considering that.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » August 26th, 2008, 6:38 am

Nothing more to add from our end. :-)

Return to Fate/stay night Chat