*spoilers* rins servant....

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Ryougi07 » October 14th, 2008, 12:04 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:Another contributing factor for Shirou's summoning as an Archer class servant is his involvement in their school's Archery club. I kinda forgot why he quit the club though...

There was also a line where it was said he quit because Shinji said something about the scar on his arm(received from a construction accident), something about it being unsightly while practicing archery....
"You're better off without the scent of blood, I might just suddenly cut you up."
Ryougi07
Addict

Unread postby Unyu » October 18th, 2008, 2:27 am

I wasn't exactly sure but don't you need a catalyst to be able to summon higher class servents?
which would be why she could summon Archer??

Wouldn't this also be why caster couldn't summon a real hero??
Unyu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby wyldfire » October 18th, 2008, 2:45 am

yeah u DO need a catalyst to summon a real servant...
rin could summon archer because of that ammulet although she didn't know that[/spoiler]
wyldfire
Addict

Unread postby Nerroth » October 18th, 2008, 2:55 am

wyldfire wrote:yeah u DO need a catalyst to summon a real servant...
rin could summon archer because of that ammulet although she didn't know that[/spoiler]

More like

with that amulet, she could get no other being but Emiya - just as Shirou, with Avalon implanted within his body, could get no other person than Arturia.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby wyldfire » October 18th, 2008, 2:57 am

i wonder, can personalities be considered as catalysts too??? i mean, if u don't have a catalyst and u summon, aren't u supposed to get a servant of the same personality as urself??? :?
wyldfire
Addict

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 3:41 am

clavat wrote:so she summoned another archer?

i wonder what kind of things went different then

She could have summoned Archer-ko, who's basically a powered up, female version of Counter Guardian Emiya. She's the main character of the comedy oneshot Sword Dancers and the series Sword Dancers 2, which tells her heroic tale.

Sword Dancers, and Sword Dancers II parts 1 & 2 & 3 can be found here:
Edit: I love Gaku Gaku Animal Land

lastly I give you a MAD movie with spoilers for Archer-ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl192mCo7Pk&fmt=18

And for those of you to lazy to read the glory that is Sword Dancers, I give you the spoiler-ific True Name and Abilitys of Archer-ko:
True Name: Counter Counter Guardian Illyasviel Von Einzbern

Noble Phantasm: The Sealed Bow, Hueirunoo (I have no clue the full scope of this NP, but it blocked/consumed Excalibur's Attack)

Known Magics (of the top of my head): Tracing, Reinforcement & Projection with sword emphases; as well as Healing and Illusion magics. oh...and Rin's finger gun.

As for the things that would go different, Archer-ko has the amusing habit of pissing saber off, by doing things like eating Saber's food.

Edit: Changed link to slightly more admin friendly per abscess request (goes off to reread rules).

Edit2: URL Removed by MSG.
Last edited by Hawkeye7513 on October 18th, 2008, 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 18th, 2008, 3:44 am

Uh... that's not canon... and I think you're violating the rule about warez.

The guidelines to Servant summoning seems to be catalyst first, then personality if there is no catalyst.
Examples of personality:
Caster in F/Z, Rider in F/SN.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 18th, 2008, 5:00 am

Wow.... are all of those translated?
And.... I think that link may be breaching the rules... Since they are doujins (I think), they may not posemuch of a problem, but.... Message will be the one to say, or any other mod/admin around.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 5:05 am

AlinSabel wrote:Uh... that's not canon... and I think you're violating the rule about warez.

The guidelines to Servant summoning seems to be catalyst first, then personality if there is no catalyst.
Examples of personality:
Caster in F/Z, Rider in F/SN.

First of all Archer-ko is almost cannon, as she appears in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, or so I'm told.

Secondly, Rin does have the catalyst to summon her. What do you think happened to Rin's pendent after Shiro dies? The only problem is that the catalyst is much stronger for Shiro than for Archer-ko, but given infinite chances...
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Utsuho » October 18th, 2008, 5:08 am

Hawkeye7513 wrote:First of all Archer-ko is almost cannon, as she appears in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, or so I'm told.

There's a similar design that shows up (Illya using the "Archer card" I believe), but it's not Archerko. I doubt that Prisma Illya can be considered canon anyway...
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 5:26 am

Utsuho wrote:
Hawkeye7513 wrote:First of all Archer-ko is almost cannon, as she appears in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, or so I'm told.

There's a similar design that shows up (Illya using the "Archer card" I believe), but it's not Archerko.

Okay, so I heard wrong. But than who is she, as the person summoned looks more like Archer-ko's true name than Archer-ko???

Utsuho wrote:I doubt that Prisma Illya can be considered canon anyway...

Which is why I used the words "almost cannon".
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 18th, 2008, 6:32 am

It's either canon or not. >_>;; And Archerko is most certainly not.

abscess: I asked on IRC, the staff don't mind. Supposedly.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » October 18th, 2008, 6:53 am

Hawkeye7513, by posting a link to a site hosting illegal copies of copyrighted material you're in breach of the warez rule. Because you're already rereading the rules I'll let you get away without a last warning.

AlinSabel: TheXev never said he didn't mind. He said "we have allowed doujin links before", which is true. We allowed them (a long time ago) until we decided to do otherwise. More importantly, he said he'd leave it to me to judge.

abscess wrote:Since they are doujins (I think), they may not posemuch of a problem, but....

Doujin only means it's not created by a professional company. Doujin does NOT mean it's free or without copyright. Come on people, how difficult can it be? o__O (Oh, and it is hereby forbidden to start yet another "what's legal and what's not and what does this rule mean" discussion in this thread. Back on-topic.)

Unread postby Hawkeye7513 » October 18th, 2008, 7:14 am

So long as Archer-ko does not appear nor referenced in any official works, I agree with you; she's not cannon. However, where does Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya fall in your placement of cannon? If Archer-ko appeared in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya would that make her cannon? What if the manga simply heavily referenced the events in Sword Dancers, to the point of plagiarism, would Archer-ko be cannon then?
Hawkeye7513
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Utsuho » October 18th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Hawkeye7513 wrote:Okay, so I heard wrong. But than who is she, as the person summoned looks more like Archer-ko's true name than Archer-ko???

Illya used the Archer card to temporarily give herself an Archer-like outfit for one battle. It's just a skimpier version of Archer's outfit, I doubt the artist was thinking of Sword Dancers when he drew it. It doesn't look much like Archerko.
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat