The Most-likely Chosen Route(Personality based)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Which Route would Emiya Shirou Choose based on his personality?

Fate
44%
Unlimited Blade Works
29%
Heaven's Feel
26%

Total votes : 34

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » August 12th, 2008, 12:44 am

I voted fate, but after reading all your posts I have to add this:

If we go about what's the path that goes along with Shirou's personality best of all three, I'd say it is the Fate route as I have voted on. That route does a good job describing to us Shirou's personality, and then the other routes make a point on putting this personality at extreme situations and thus, testing Shirou's conviction on his borrowed ideals.

If the question is "what route would have Shirou followed if he made all the decissions according to his nature and with all the possible paths unlocked from the beginning", then I'd say that he would by default follow the HF route, because the Sakura choices seem like the least selfish ones at the beginning and Shirou would follow the most selfless choices, ALWAYS.

BTW, I made the Sakura choices on my first playthrough, so if all paths were unlocked from the beginning, I would have ended on the HF route as well ^_^
matthewfarenheit
Addict

Unread postby Zuberei » August 12th, 2008, 12:49 am

The three routes are equally posible. And I don?t think that Shirou?s ideals have nothing to do wiht decisions like "accompany sakura to her home". I don?t understand the meaning of this thread at all.
Zuberei
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Deadshadows » August 12th, 2008, 1:06 am

I think really this personnality make the 3 routes possible ... i think he would take sakura home, and after summonig saber stay with her but with Rin i think he want to protect her too ... in fact he would protect Saber/Rin/Sakura i think ... need an another route :p

dont play HF now (wait translation :p) but have read some spoiler about and i think i am right :p

++

(ps : sry for my bad english : i am not english at all :p but no translation in my langage ^^)
Deadshadows
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby HeartCard » August 14th, 2008, 3:45 am

Can I point out some factors?

If we say Shirous "IMMA BE A SUPAHERO!!!" ideal affects his choices, walking Sakura home would be the correct choice. As there had been a series of murders recently and thus it would be dangerous for her. Plus...Shirou is pretty damn Heroic in that route.
As opposed to Fate where he whines until he is trained, then got ownt(zerk), ownt(Illya's magic), ownt(zerk), ownt(lancer), ownt(gilgamesh), and finally ownt(kirei). Albeit he returned the favour to 2nd zerk, Gilgawhore, and Kirei during the same event. But still...He's not all that heroic or "Super", he never even 'saves' Saber.
He seems to get more manly and heroic per route.
UBW's whole "STFU Time Hacker!! I'll kill you when I heal!" along with "No! Rin is mine, back off you blue hedgehog in an irish man's body!" and Insulting Rider to-her-face while she's got him trapped by calling her the weakest servant.
Heaven Feel's "I'mma save ya, Sakura!!" "Die, Traitorious Servant I summoned!", and "Unlimited Nine Lives Garworks!". Well...UBW Shirou is alot more manly...but seems less heroic.

Shirou also notes that "Sakura is becoming more womanly, which could be a problem for me as a growing young man." so obviously he's not 100% as kiddy as the Fate route seems to portray him. Likewise, if one got to the "In the Classroom" scene with Sakura, I think there would atleast be a semi-decent hint to Shirou Sakura has some feelings for him...
The problem I find with the Fate Route is that it seems to me that Shirou is so much more oblivious than he is in the UBW/HF route and even in the prelude.

P.S. *Humourous fact*:
Heaven's Feel has two sex scenes just like Fate does. The problem is that one is the same sex scene from UBW with Rin...
Of course...I might be confusing this with an odd series of dreams I've been having recently...Anyone wanna confirm me?
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » August 14th, 2008, 11:14 am

That Hscene isn't the same from UBW. It's a erotic dream made by Rider to gather some magical energy from Shiro.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby raislash » August 14th, 2008, 11:43 am

hmm...but i think it will go down to Fate route in the end..........since Shiro will be most likely clinging to Saber....

actually when i started playing F/S N i keep choosing Rin...but somehow when i saw Saber..."OMFG...STFU tsundere and yandere sisters..i will choose the cutest one^^"

i think i'm a Saber's fanboy>_<
raislash
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kansho » August 14th, 2008, 11:48 am

raislash wrote:hmm...but i think it will go down to Fate route in the end..........since Shiro will be most likely clinging to Saber....

actually when i started playing F/S N i keep choosing Rin...but somehow when i saw Saber..."OMFG...STFU tsundere and yandere sisters..i will choose the cutest one^^"

i think i'm a Saber's fanboy>_<
According to Kinoko (and I think that even the game implies it), Shirou loves Sakura first. Then, if we go to Fate route and UBW route, that totally changes of course. But you can't say "will be likely clinging to Saber" because he has reason to "likely clinging" to the three. After all, he has some kind of "love-root" with the three girls, infatuation, crush, love or whatever.

That's why I think that this thread doesn't have any sense, when Shirou only enter in the routes by pure luck.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Balcerzak » August 14th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Assumption: "Game/Route cleared?" checks are not in place.

Choices:
Day 1:
1: Morning:
a) Help Sakura: SakuraPoint++
b) Morning routine: nil

2: After School:
a) Student Council: RinPoint++
b) Go Work: nil

3: After dinner:
a) take Sakura home: SakuraRoute++
b) FujiNee: nil
c) rest: nil

Day 2:
(If SakuraPoint >= 1 && SakuraRoute >= 1)
4: Morning Choice:
a) daily routine: nil
b) side dish for Sakura: SakuraRoute++

(If SakuraRoute >= 2)
5: Afternoon Choice
a) worried about Sakura: SakuraRoute++
b) worried about Tohsaka: nil

Day 3:
(If SakuraRoute >= 3) -> Heaven's Feel
else:
6: Saber slash choice:
a) Don't stop her -> Fate
b) Stop her -> UBW

-------------------------------------------------

With that out of the way, let us suppose, for a moment, that Shirou does not acquire the Sakura Route points needed to bypass the "Stop/Don't Stop" choice. When given the choice to let Saber destroy Archer and Rin, or to stop her, there is no doubt in my mind that he would let her proceed, or (as the case would end up being) hesitate to stop her until it's almost too late. Up until this point he has clearly expressed his desire to save everyone, no matter what. In my mind, Fate route is no longer even an option, for this simple reason.

Returning to the question of HF vs UBW, it's not so clear cut. Heaven's feel has a more restrictive set of options, and Shirou must perform perfectly to get there. While walking Sakura home the first time is a no-brainer, the other two options are much more iffy, in my mind, as deciding to go all out for breakfast seems kind of random, and there are certainly reasons for him to be worried about both Sakura & Rin (if memory serves).

Given that, I am forced to lean towards concluding that an unfettered Shirou, acting according to his personality, would end up choosing UBW route the majority of the time. (I'd say a 75% chance of UBW, compared to a 25% chance for HF [arrived at from assigning 50% probabilities on the two ambiguous choices required for Sakura Route points].)
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 14th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Pretty much what I was saying. But I do remember that Shirou didn't stop Saber from hurting Archer because in wasn't fast enough (well, when UBW isn't unlocked, anyway).
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » August 14th, 2008, 7:27 pm

It's easy, the reason why Shirou enter in HF is because he notices Sakura's bruises and got worried. So, if he enter in another route, it's because he didn't notice that. If he noticed it, it's obvious than he would be worried about her and probably he would force his own entry into her route. That's why I say that's pretty difficult to measure the chances in that.

"I will make one more dish since Sakura is coming" seems a pretty normal choice coming from Shirou. It's common sense.

And I don't think that the "worried about Sakura" it's a random choice. He has reasons (the bruises and Sakura being "awkward and downcast") to worry about her, but he didn't have any real reason to worry about Rin at that moment (only the Shinji's incident). And Shirou very likely will priorize Sakura at that choice.

I even see less chance to the "Stop her" as we saw that Shirou wasn't fast enough in two routes (Fate and HF). 2 vs. 1.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 15th, 2008, 12:27 am

I am not very into the "doormat" stock manga character that Sakura represents, but I think Shirou chose her subconsciously, whether or not he was aware of it. Fate and UBW pretty much elaborate on how Shirou attempted to convince himself, to rationalize to himself the necessity to pursue his borrowed ideal (to be a hero of justice). His sparks of feelings for Sabre and Rin were kindled during these pursuits. However, in Heaven's Feel, he relinquished this borrowed ideal, and submitted to his own feelings, that is to save the person that he was the most comfortable with, the person who had always been there for him. So I think Shirou's borrowed ideal chooses Fate and UBW, but Heaven's Feel is a more accurate representation of Shirou as a man true to himself.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Balcerzak » August 15th, 2008, 9:42 am

Kansho wrote:It's easy, the reason why Shirou enter in HF is because he notices Sakura's bruises and got worried. So, if he enter in another route, it's because he didn't notice that. If he noticed it, it's obvious than he would be worried about her and probably he would force his own entry into her route. That's why I say that's pretty difficult to measure the chances in that.

"I will make one more dish since Sakura is coming" seems a pretty normal choice coming from Shirou. It's common sense.
But Sakura comes every day. :? There's no special reason to do anything out of the ordinary routine for that particular morning, as far as I can recall. Maybe I need to go reread what exactly happened the night he walks her home, just to be sure, though.

Kansho wrote:And I don't think that the "worried about Sakura" it's a random choice. He has reasons (the bruises and Sakura being "awkward and downcast") to worry about her, but he didn't have any real reason to worry about Rin at that moment (only the Shinji's incident). And Shirou very likely will priorize Sakura at that choice.

Unless I'm mistaken, he also saw Rin on the rooftop yesterday evening, and wanted to figure out what exactly was up with that. Perhaps "Worried about Tohsaka" isn't an entirely adequate summary, so much as "Curious about Tohsaka"? I'd forgotten about the Shinji incident, actually.

This one is pretty much a judgement call with no clear-cut decision calculus, so it's perfectly reasonable to have him go either way.

Kansho wrote:I even see less chance to the "Stop her" as we saw that Shirou wasn't fast enough in two routes (Fate and HF). 2 vs. 1.

I'm not entirely sure that's an accurate way to look at it, as if Shirou was physically and mentally able to be fast enough in one of the routes to make that choice, he should be capable to make it in any of them. I suppose one could make an argument that for the HF path, his mental state has been clouded up enough with thoughts of Sakura that his reaction time is diminished, but even then, in the first three days there are no factual differences between what would be a Fate route or an UBW route aside from that single choice.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat