Summon the heroic spirits in different classes (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raitei » September 9th, 2008, 6:07 am

GreenSamurai wrote:In Fate/Zero Lancelot almost beat Saber even though he couldn't use Arondight.The only reason he lost was because Kariya ran out of mana to supply him thus rendering him unable to stop Saber's stab.

Therefore,i believe if Lancelot Saber were to fight Arthuria Saber,Lancelot would win.
don't forget mad enhancement, silly. :P
saber lancelot is without mad enhancement. lancelot used full power mad enhancement during the fight until kariya explodes away. moreover, saber lost some of her will during the fight.

on topic : caster medusa, maybe? or... berserker medusa. imagine if she turns into a gorgon monster with mad enhancement.
Last edited by Raitei on September 9th, 2008, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Inverted » September 9th, 2008, 6:12 am

Lancelot Vs Kojirou .Now this a fight I want to see .Skill Vs Skill.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Pikpikbak » September 9th, 2008, 7:17 am

Raitei wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:*Sigh* 'Tis truly saddening. So the Alondite bit is just a teaser eh? Would be fun to see a "Faerie swords" match between Lancelot and Sabre.
saber would so kick his ass. :x

*insert cheering noise here* But yes, any Lancerlot vs. Saber would be /amazing/.
Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 9th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Pikpikbak wrote:
Raitei wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:*Sigh* 'Tis truly saddening. So the Alondite bit is just a teaser eh? Would be fun to see a "Faerie swords" match between Lancelot and Sabre.
saber would so kick his ass. :x

*insert cheering noise here* But yes, any Lancerlot vs. Saber would be /amazing/.

*Still wants a reunited Lancey & Saber partnership.... even though its impossible...*
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » September 9th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Lancelot is a better warrior than Saber, he's depicted that way, as the best warrior on his era (AKA: Saber era too). In a hand-to-hand combat, he will win.

But if not, she wins due to Excalibaaaaaa.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 9th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Kansho wrote:Lancelot is a better warrior than Saber, he's depicted that way, as the best warrior on his era (AKA: Saber era too). In a hand-to-hand combat, he will win.

if fate ever had an i win button, its definitely that thing lol

thinking about it... shirou gets weaker the more routes he gets
in fate he spawns the most powerful fortress close to true magic
in UBW he creates a world of swords
in HF he gains the ability to use nine lives

although more gar, he gets weaker =P
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » September 9th, 2008, 9:47 pm

He only used Avalon because Saber used hers. So... not really. Shirou can't use Avalon.
Last edited by Kansho on September 9th, 2008, 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 9th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Kansho wrote:He only used Avalon because Saber used hers. So... not really.

yah but he traced it once with it inside of him, and once when it was not in his body. He had a pretty powerful ability
also you can say stuff like, he only did nine lives cause he had an arm and the situation let him. or he used UBW only when he was fighting gil.

just pointing out the power of the abilities =)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » September 9th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Yeah, but he can use UBW and Nine Lives. He can't use Avalon, Saber activated it.

And you mention UBW as powerful than Nine Lives... but that's not really true. UBW is only useful in certain situations (against Gil, for example) as Shirou said. We have officially confirmed that against a normal opponent, it's only an ability that's somewhat troublesome, no more.
Last edited by Kansho on September 9th, 2008, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 9th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Kansho wrote:Yeah, but he can use UBW and Nine Lives. He can't use Avalon, Saber activated it.

And you mention UBW as powerful than Nine Lives... but that's not really true. UBW is only useful in certain situations (against Gil, for example) as Shirou said.

meh.... your victory then

although UBW shirou can use Nine lives i bet, once he is inside of UBW against Berserker
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kansho » September 9th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Maybe, but it's a waste of magical energy.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 9th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Kansho wrote:Lancelot is a better warrior than Saber, he's depicted that way, as the best warrior on his era (AKA: Saber era too). In a hand-to-hand combat, he will win.

orly? arondight is also a++ and has fairy buffs. also, it has dragon slayer attribute. if there's a trump card saber would use, it would be haxalon. :lol:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Kansho » September 9th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Raitei wrote:

orly? arondight is also a++ and has fairy buffs. also, it has dragon slayer attribute. if there's a trump card saber would use, it would be haxalon. :lol:
Well, that's true. But I think that a good Excaliblast can wipe him. We didn't know if Alondite have a Alondibeam (probably not, as it's anti-unit). Alondite was famous for being unbreakable.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby GreenSamurai » September 10th, 2008, 1:08 am

Kansho wrote:
Raitei wrote:

Well, that's true. But I think that a good Excaliblast can wipe him. We didn't know if Alondite have a Alondibeam (probably not, as it's anti-unit). Alondite was famous for being unbreakable.

don't forget that whenever Arondight is drawn,all of Lancelot's stats is raised by 1 rank.
GreenSamurai
Might just like this board

Unread postby Rikh » September 10th, 2008, 1:36 am

GreenSamurai wrote:
Kansho wrote:
Raitei wrote:[quote="Kansho"]Lancelot is a better warrior than Saber, he's depicted that way, as the best warrior on his era (AKA: Saber era too). In a hand-to-hand combat, he will win.

don't forget that whenever Arondight is drawn,all of Lancelot's stats is raised by 1 rank.[/quote]
So Saber Lancelot plus Arondight = near berserker stats without rage... well that's interesting

however Taiga as a saber class > all im sure
USW (Unlimited Shinai Works) nuff said
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby es21fanboy » September 10th, 2008, 2:36 am

If Shirou traced Alondrite, do you think he would also gain the rank increase in his stats?
es21fanboy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » September 10th, 2008, 3:30 am

Kansho wrote:Yeah, but he can use UBW and Nine Lives. He can't use Avalon, Saber activated it.

And you mention UBW as powerful than Nine Lives... but that's not really true. UBW is only useful in certain situations (against Gil, for example) as Shirou said. We have officially confirmed that against a normal opponent, it's only an ability that's somewhat troublesome, no more.

Just wondering, is there any proof on that? I thought they both used Avalon at the same time just for the show (it looks cool). If it's true, can you explain why?
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 10th, 2008, 3:35 am

es21fanboy wrote:If Shirou traced Alondrite, do you think he would also gain the rank increase in his stats?

I guess not...

Coz well.. Things he create will be a level lower... But.. Even if there is an 'increase' in stats... It wont be reflected much i guess.. Since the original weapon only increased a single unit...

So its like...

Fake weapon =[ (Original One Increase) - (UBW One level lower) ] + (One up effect)....

So im guessing any 'increase in stats' would be... X < 1
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » September 10th, 2008, 4:40 am

Einherjar wrote:

Just wondering, is there any proof on that? I thought they both used Avalon at the same time just for the show (it looks cool). If it's true, can you explain why?
there is. nasu said that only the king (read=saber) can enter avalon. it's a paradise, an island where the king rests and resides. even though there is no explicit explanation that only saber can activate avalon, the second page of avalon seems to be pretty self explanatory.

it's different from caliburn. caliburn is not "usable=king only", whereas avalon... I think it's "usable =saber only".

GreenSamurai wrote:don't forget that whenever Arondight is drawn,all of Lancelot's stats is raised by 1 rank.
so what's the difference? do you think status increase can help him survive against a 1-city-radius beam? (excalibur in full power is much greater than in the anime. deen's subpar effect fails so hard.)
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Inverted » September 10th, 2008, 5:41 am

Raitei wrote:
Einherjar wrote:

there is. nasu said that only the king (read=saber) can enter avalon. it's a paradise, an island where the king rests and resides. even though there is no explicit explanation that only saber can activate avalon, the second page of avalon seems to be pretty self explanatory.

Has it been mentioned specifically in any character materials or Nasu interviews?If not then it's just fan conjecture. It could go either way.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat