Summon the heroic spirits in different classes (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Summon the heroic spirits in different classes (spoilers)

Unread postby BlackTornado » August 3rd, 2008, 12:45 pm

with the true identities of the heros summoned in mind, if you could chose, what classes would you put the heroes in?

For heracules, i might want to summon him as an archer... he shot at the sun when he was young :P that gotta be damn imba.
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby Uberoy » August 3rd, 2008, 12:59 pm

Hmmm.

(UBW spoilers)
Emiya as Saber would probably be pretty awesome. Being Sword attribute and all.
He barely uses his bow as Archer class anyway so I think its a waste that he is Archer.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Tash » August 3rd, 2008, 2:58 pm

UBW spoilers
Shirou as Berserker. He seems the type.

On a semi-related note: Do all of the Berserkers deform into Doomsday lookalikes when they're summoned, or just the current one?
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » August 3rd, 2008, 3:18 pm

assassin (kojirou) as saber. also, hercules seems to fit as saber.

Tash wrote:On a semi-related note: Do all of the Berserkers deform into Doomsday lookalikes when they're summoned, or just the current one?
only hercules, I would think. the reason why he looks like that is because of god hand.
TYPE-MOON Wiki wrote:Apparently, God Hand also might be what gave Berserker his lead-colored skin and transformed his elbows.

Source: Fate/Side Material encyclopedia entry (p.62) & game status screen translated by Mirror Moon.

on a different side note, here is the previous berserker:
very different compared to hercules, huh?

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Einherjar » August 3rd, 2008, 6:04 pm

Raitei wrote:on a different side note, here is the previous berserker:

As you can see, that berserker doesn't look mad at all. It doesn't have to be a caveman to be a berserker, you know. And personalities doesn't effect which class a hero ends up in. Hercules is (probably) an very level-headed person and he could end up in berserker class. Having Shiki as berserker class will just make him even dumber and not necessarily make his other persona come out (although he will still be a killing machine).
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 3rd, 2008, 7:29 pm

On page 6 of the Details tab for Hercules on the Status screen in F/sn, it's stated that Hercules has the attributes to be any of the seven classes except Caster.

...Imagine a Holy Grail war where the only Servants summoned (except for Caster) were the different Hercules...XD

Raitei wrote:on a different side note, here is the previous berserker:

...He reminds me of Nightmare. >_>
Last edited by Cat Megex on August 3rd, 2008, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Swartt » August 3rd, 2008, 9:18 pm

Raitei wrote:assassin (kojirou) as saber. also, hercules seems to fit as saber.

Hercules as saber? don't you remember that he has not techincal skill with swords? he he only got brute force, but then again, that might just work
Sanity is for the weak-minded
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Phlebas » August 3rd, 2008, 9:42 pm

What about Shirou as Caster?
(UBW spoilers)
I mean, he is a magus after all, and can pull off some pretty high-tech reality marble as a mere human. I can see why one wouldn't immediately associate him with the heroic class, but pretty much all his skills are spell-related to start with - can't say it's a much longer shot than archer. Would be fun to see his spells enhanced by the Caster class. I guess it's just too obvious to make it an exciting option ^^.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby The_OPO_Man » August 3rd, 2008, 10:22 pm

Tash wrote:UBW spoilers
Shirou as Berserker. He seems the type.
Well I guess it could be something like this.
Class: Berserker
True Name: Emiya Shirou
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: D
Endurance: C
Agility: D
Magical Energy: E
Luck: E-
Noble Phantasm: ??

Class Abilities

Madness: B At this rank, the Servant gains a rank-up for all parameters, but loses most of his/her sanity in exchange along with the ability to understand more than a few words.

Skills

Self control: A At this rank, Berserker has the ability to resist mental interferences, including distractions, emotions, illusions, etc.

It also makes Berserker able to resist Madness of rank B or lower outside of battle as long as Berserker is not exposed to strong mental interferences, to such an extent that it should allow Berserker to regain his/her sanity along with the ability to be able to communicate normally(The stat boosts remains thought). However resisting Madness of rank C or B lowers all stats(one rank if it is Madness: C and two ranks if it is Madness: B).

Clairvoyance: C

Allows clear vision of distant targets, and improves body movement and vision.
This skill cannot be used when under the effect of Madness.

Magic: C

Knowledge of orthodox magic. The strength of his ability is unknown.
Under the effect of Madness he cannot use any kind of magic except Reinforcement, Alteration and Projection which he can still use since those are a deterioration of his Reality Marble, therefore those spells comes natural to him.
Mind's Eye (True) B

A "combat logic" that allows for calm analysis of the situation and the enemy's ability in spite of danger, and consideration of all possible actions in a particular situation. If there is even 1% chance of a comeback this ability greatly improves the chances of success.
This ability cannot be used under the effect of Madness.

Noble Phantasm

A body made out of swords

Simply put, his body is made out of swords which increases Endurance by one rank and it also negates all physical damage with a rank below B.

Type: Anti personnel Noble Phantasm
Range: -
Maximum Target: 1 person

Unlimited Blade Works

A special magic called a Reality Marble.

Can duplicate any weapon Berserker has seen, but the duplicated weapon has its rank reduced by one rank.
Defensive equipment is also possible, but it requires two to three times as much magical energy.

Berserker cannot summon this Reality Marble since he has gone mad through his class ability even with the help of Self Control: A

Type: ????
Range: ???
Maximum Target: ???

And when he is "Mad" I guess that the stats should be something like this since it is not lowered by self control anymore.

Strength: B
Endurance: A
Agility: B
Magical Energy: C
Luck: D

I guess that it could be something like that :) .
There were actually some other guy from another forum who wondered how Shirou or Archer would be as the Berserker class, so I first thought of this when I read that.

I have wondered how Lancer would be if he would be summoned as Berserker. I am not sure if this information is reliable however I have heard that Lancer once transformed into some kind of monster and won a battle all by himself when it looked like they wouldn't make it. And according to one of my friends it looked something like this
"he was transformed by a 'Battle Fury' which looked like this: From head to toe, his whole body trembled like a bullrush in a river torrent. His body turned right around inside his skin so that his heels, calves and hams appeared in front. One of his eyes drew right back in his head, the other stood out huge and red on his cheek. His mouth was distorted, twisted up to his ears so you could see his throat and a man's head would fit into it. His hair stood up on his head like hawthorn, and there was a drop of blood on every single hair. The light of the Champion stood out of his forehead as long and thick as a warrior's whetstone and from the top of his head rose a thick column of dark blood like the mast of a huge ship. When this happened the only way he could be calmed down was by being ducked three times in cold water."
It would be interesting if he would be able to use that "Battle Fury" in order to transform like that in FSN.
"That is how the wise think however I am still chasing after a childish dream"
The_OPO_Man
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » August 3rd, 2008, 11:54 pm

Swartt wrote:
Raitei wrote:assassin (kojirou) as saber. also, hercules seems to fit as saber.

Hercules as saber? don't you remember that he has not techincal skill with swords? he he only got brute force, but then again, that might just work
he can port his nine lives skill to his axe sword, no problem.
TYPE-MOON Wiki wrote:Nine Lives is the most trusted Noble Phantasm of the Heroic Spirit Hercules. It is the bow and arrows used to exterminate the hydra and its nine heads that would grow back no matter how many times you would cut them down; he later ports that attack to be able to use it with weapons such as a giant sword.

Hercules could make a splendid use of that attack if his class was Saber. That secret skill was used with the projected axe-sword to kill the blackened Berserker.

Source: Fate/Side Material encyclopedia entry (p.68)

Nine Lives is a skill that can adapt itself depending on the circumstance and target, and look different; that makes it an all-purpose Noble Phantasm, so much that you could call it a whole style on its own.

What Shirou uses is an anti-unit version of the "Shooting Hundred Heads" - a pumelling, high-speed series of 9 strikes. As a side-note, the main version of Hercules is an anti-phantasmal beast, simultaneously discharging 9 dragon-like homing lasers.

The_OPO_Man wrote:
I have wondered how Lancer would be if he would be summoned as Berserker. I am not sure if this information is reliable however I have heard that Lancer once transformed into some kind of monster and won a battle all by himself when it looked like they wouldn't make it. And according to one of my friends it looked something like this
"he was transformed by a 'Battle Fury' which looked like this: From head to toe, his whole body trembled like a bullrush in a river torrent. His body turned right around inside his skin so that his heels, calves and hams appeared in front. One of his eyes drew right back in his head, the other stood out huge and red on his cheek. His mouth was distorted, twisted up to his ears so you could see his throat and a man's head would fit into it. His hair stood up on his head like hawthorn, and there was a drop of blood on every single hair. The light of the Champion stood out of his forehead as long and thick as a warrior's whetstone and from the top of his head rose a thick column of dark blood like the mast of a huge ship. When this happened the only way he could be calmed down was by being ducked three times in cold water."
It would be interesting if he would be able to use that "Battle Fury" in order to transform like that in FSN.
lancer himself said to shirou that he can be summoned as berserker, due to his "going berserk" several times in his previous life. seriously, the previous lancer isn't half "berserk" in his (cu chulainn) sense.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Uberoy » August 4th, 2008, 3:32 am

Raitei wrote:lancer himself said to shirou that he can be summoned as berserker, due to his "going berserk" several times in his previous life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt everyone able to be summoned as Berserker? I think it was Rin who mentioned that.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » August 4th, 2008, 3:38 am

Uberoy wrote:
Raitei wrote:lancer himself said to shirou that he can be summoned as berserker, due to his "going berserk" several times in his previous life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt everyone able to be summoned as Berserker? I think it was Rin who mentioned that.
yeah, rin said that berserker is the class used to enhance a hero that is originally weak (hence why everyone can be summoned into this class). but it was a misleading information, iirc. only those who has gone berserk at least once in their previous lives can be summoned as berserker.
TYPE-MOON Wiki wrote:Berserker is one of the seven normal Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are always incarnations of heroes who have gone berserk on their lifetime. This trait allows them to use the special ability Mad Enhancement, which trades their consciousness (i.e. sanity) for a large power boost.

or
TYPE-MOON Wiki wrote:Berserker class

This class is usually for heroic spirits who weren't necessarily strong but are known for having gone berserk at least once in their life. The unique ability Mad Enhancement allows them to trade their sanity for more power.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 4th, 2008, 5:23 am

Raitei wrote:yeah, rin said that berserker is the class used to enhance a hero that is originally weak (hence why everyone can be summoned into this class). but it was a misleading information, iirc. only those who has gone berserk at least once in their previous lives can be summoned as berserker.
TYPE-MOON Wiki wrote:Berserker is one of the seven normal Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are always incarnations of heroes who have gone berserk on their lifetime. This trait allows them to use the special ability Mad Enhancement, which trades their consciousness (i.e. sanity) for a large power boost.

or
TYPE-MOON Wiki wrote:Berserker class

This class is usually for heroic spirits who weren't necessarily strong but are known for having gone berserk at least once in their life. The unique ability Mad Enhancement allows them to trade their sanity for more power.

Of course, when you summon a really powerful hero who went berserk at least once in their lifetime (like Hercules), all the better, eh? XD
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 4th, 2008, 5:29 am

I want the Berserker of HF4 to be mah Saber...

Sigh.. If only i could have 2 servents..

Him and Saber... Partnership..

I feel like some sort of fanboy all over again.. XDDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » August 4th, 2008, 5:46 am

inferno_flamex wrote:I want the Berserker of HF4 to be mah Saber...

we ARE fanboys :lol:
be as it saber fanboys, rin fanboys, sakura fanboys, or whatever :lol:

meh, I feel that saber and hf 4 berserker are like oil and water, if you know what I mean.

but sure. lancelot as saber = arondight at maximum power = win.

I only want saber as my "partner", though :lol:

Cat Megex wrote:Of course, when you summon a really powerful hero who went berserk at least once in their lifetime (like Hercules), all the better, eh? XD
yeah. the only drawback is, it can kill you. not the servant himself, but the attempt to keep him under control. even a walking magic circuit like ilya went through all that just to keep berserker under her control.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Einherjar » August 4th, 2008, 6:08 am

Why would Arthur(ia) and Lancelot want to work together again?? >_>
It's impossible...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 4th, 2008, 6:23 am

Einherjar wrote:

Why would Arthur(ia) and Lancelot want to work together again?? >_>
It's impossible...

Its just a personal wish..

I am a huge fan of the Arthurian legends.. The fan-boyism part of me just wants them to do that.. That's all... XD
Even if it is impossible...

its like reuniting Spiderman and Venom for one last battle against Carnage! XDD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby password » August 4th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Is LancelotxArthur(well, Arthur is a girl, so :D) really in that bad a shape? I think they'd fare better than Spidey and Venom for sure. Its not like Arthur would mind having his wife done in by his best, loyal knight as well, she's a girl lol. And then, there should be no problem after that imo. Hmph, Saber can't blame her wife for yearning some fresh meat(lol, a tribute to all the meat references in the game) from a real man, can she? I think she would actually be thankful that its her best knight, and not some random junkie she is doing. Its like she can trust him with her wife lol. Anyways, even if Arthur isn't a girl, he shouldn't hold any grudges against Lancelot, hell, I don't think he ever did, and Lancelot sure doesn't hold anything against Arthur, so, its all just their own minds playing games with them, well, at least that's the case with Lancelot. If Arthur forgives Lancelot and tells him its alright, he loves him more than his stupid wife(Well, she's not that stupid, as she goes after a better man and all :twisted: but well, she's not worth losing Lancelot), then they should be able to get along well, at least in my opinion. I still consider Lancelot to be the real hero in Arthurian legends and Arthur, if real, to have been given the credit for his knight's doing for the simple reason that he was a royal and well, middle ages, you know right, everything that's good must be Royalty's doing. Hell, even if Arthur was just a commoner who pulled the sword out(ridiculous, it must have been something like a sword fight at least) and took kingship, he was turned into the son of the king in the stories. So, I don't think one can totally deny the possibility of Arthur actually being a girl(his wife does go for a different man, he has to have been gay at least), although it does sound far fetched for a girl to have gone through numerous battles as a boy. I bet it was like nobody could speak against her when she was alive and everyone knew she was a girl but as soon as she was gone, those that came to power turned her into a boy lol. That sort of a thing isn't uncommon around the world. But, yeah, sticking to the topic, Lancelot and Saber working together should be no problems at all, after all, she's a girl in the game, which is what we are talking about. He didn't really betray her and she shouldn't mind her favorite knight, the one she must have had a real liking to. I bet she wouldn't mind any of her knights, even if they had betrayed her, if they were to ask for forgiveness, so, Lancelot should be no problems at all. It'd be kinda cool to have a LancelotXArturia scene though. :roll: .
password
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Raitei » August 4th, 2008, 9:42 pm

password wrote: Anyways, even if Arthur isn't a girl, he shouldn't hold any grudges against Lancelot, hell, I don't think he ever did, and Lancelot sure doesn't hold anything against Arthur, so, its all just their own minds playing games with them, well, at least that's the case with Lancelot. If Arthur forgives Lancelot and tells him its alright, he loves him more than his stupid wife(Well, she's not that stupid, as she goes after a better man and all :twisted: but well, she's not worth losing Lancelot), then they should be able to get along well, at least in my opinion.
saber didn't blame lancelot AT ALL for what he's done. in fact, she felt guilty at what must she done in order to "protect" her kingdom, by executing both guinivere and lancelot. this is shown clearly when she begged him to stop when he fought her in the last volume of fate/zero. she says something along the line of "it's all my fault. you can blame me all you want; just stop this madness already.". of course, berserker, who had activated his mad enhancement by his own free will couldn't hear her.

also, lancelot x saber is a horrible idea :lol:
each of them has found their true love, lol (saber x shirou & lancelot x guinivere). why disturb them?
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 5th, 2008, 3:04 am

Raitei wrote:also, lancelot x saber is a horrible idea :lol:
each of them has found their true love, lol (saber x shirou & lancelot x guinivere). why disturb them?

Hahaha.. This may be slightly off topic..

But legends has it that Guinivere returned back to Arthur... XDDD
Im not sure how this is translated in Nasuverse.. But yeah.

Legend has it that she loved the crown more than lancelot

Haha.. That's gotta hurt.. But actually.. Its not too far to imagine...

Although yeah.. I admit that i did not thoroughly think this through.. About the 'love' thing before i suggested that i wanna Lancelot & Arthur(ia) combo.. Haha
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat