Game won't start help

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Game won't start help

Unread postby Rifle Sting » August 1st, 2008, 1:33 pm

I am using windows vista and i have the cd version.I instaled the game used patch 2.0 and when i try to run it this shows up.Help plz.
Rifle Sting
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 1st, 2008, 11:18 pm

Which version of F/SN are you using? The 3CD version or the DVD version?

...this is under the assumption you have the actual game in the first place. If not, please read the FAQ in this forum.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » August 2nd, 2008, 1:01 am

Have you tried changing your regional settings? I'm not really sure cause I think the patch should technically allow you to play without changing your unicode settings.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Re: Game won't start help

Unread postby Ferozban » August 2nd, 2008, 12:35 pm

Rifle Sting wrote:I am using windows vista[/img]

there we have the bug.
Ferozban
Addict

Re: Game won't start help

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 2nd, 2008, 6:16 pm

Ferozban wrote:
Rifle Sting wrote:I am using windows vista

there we have the bug.

Sorry, but that's incorrect. I run Vista, and the Fate/stay night patch works fine with the CD version.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 2nd, 2008, 9:22 pm

Rifle, care to answer the other questions? <_>

Ferozban, if you want to throw around unfounded statements like that, please save that for elsewhere. We're trying to help people here, not hand them FUD.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rifle Sting » August 3rd, 2008, 4:34 am

I am using the cd version of the game.the game is real and not dl or whatever.The only strange think i can think is that the second cd was scratches so i had to use a back-up copy i had but tha't all.Is vista really the problem?Also i tried turning language to jap and nothing.
Rifle Sting
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » August 3rd, 2008, 4:42 am

Rifle Sting wrote:I am using the cd version of the game.the game is real and not dl or whatever.The only strange think i can think is that the second cd was scratches so i had to use a back-up copy i had but tha't all.Is vista really the problem?Also i tried turning language to jap and nothing.
you should try to install the game first, and see if it works without the translation patch. you don't only need to set the language to japanese, but also the regional settings. open control panel, regional and language options, and open the "advanced" tab. there you can set the language for non-unicode programs, and set it to japanese.

ps : strange, I think the installer v 2.0 should fix this problem. but as a necessary precaution, try running the game without the patch first.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby abscess » August 3rd, 2008, 5:16 am

Well, this is common knowledge among these places, but instead of changing regional settings, you can also try using applocale, that is if you haven't already. I agree in that you should install the game without the patch to check if it works before using the patch, if you do that, you may have to use applocale OR change the regional settings to japan.

P.S: If you have a question on appocale, I think there is a thread or two explaining some stuff about it.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby WingZero » August 3rd, 2008, 7:38 pm

Just eliminating the possibilities here, but make sure you have the disc inserted when you're trying to play.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat