Questions after playing too many times (MANY SPOILERS)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby password » August 10th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Raitei wrote:yes, tracing costs mana. even for shirou, who is just transforming a part of his body ( his body is made out of swords ), it still costs mana.

however, when he fully activates ubw, I don't think he need to spend anymore : all swords are there, and he just take it from there without spending more.

also, body reinforcement is not wholly impossible for him. it's not such complicated as reinforcing other living creatures, you know ( like caster did ). maybe a bit higher than object reinforcement. heck, even when he activates his circuits, his parameter is slightly boosted.

I would like to disagree with the statement on UBW. Even after UBW is activated, the user needs to supply some magical energy to maintain the reality marble, even though magical energy to create swords is not required. There is that talk about how a light destroyed an already disappearing reality marble at the end of UBW. The only thing that can explain it is that Shirou was running out of magical energy and as a result, the reality marble was disappearing. And the game also says how too much of Rin's magical energy was used by Shirou without asking her, which wouldn't make any sense if it was a one time thing. He wasn't projecting anything, so, it couldn't have been because the image got fuzzy in his mind, which, if was the case, would mean he wouldn't have been able to corner Gil anyways. So, it has to cost some magical energy to maintain the reality marble, maybe not that huge, but significant when the magus is a novice, such as Shirou.

I agree with the rest.
password
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Raitei » August 10th, 2008, 10:05 pm

password wrote:I would like to disagree with the statement on UBW. Even after UBW is activated, the user needs to supply some magical energy to maintain the reality marble, even though magical energy to create swords is not required. There is that talk about how a light destroyed an already disappearing reality marble at the end of UBW. The only thing that can explain it is that Shirou was running out of magical energy and as a result, the reality marble was disappearing. And the game also says how too much of Rin's magical energy was used by Shirou without asking her, which wouldn't make any sense if it was a one time thing. He wasn't projecting anything, so, it couldn't have been because the image got fuzzy in his mind, which, if was the case, would mean he wouldn't have been able to corner Gil anyways. So, it has to cost some magical energy to maintain the reality marble, maybe not that huge, but significant when the magus is a novice, such as Shirou.

I agree with the rest.
argh, I meant he doesn't need to spend anymore for tracing. why does everyone have to jump on me because I lack one or two words in my explanation? D:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 10th, 2008, 10:20 pm

Raitei wrote:
password wrote:I would like to disagree with the statement on UBW. Even after UBW is activated, the user needs to supply some magical energy to maintain the reality marble, even though magical energy to create swords is not required. There is that talk about how a light destroyed an already disappearing reality marble at the end of UBW. The only thing that can explain it is that Shirou was running out of magical energy and as a result, the reality marble was disappearing. And the game also says how too much of Rin's magical energy was used by Shirou without asking her, which wouldn't make any sense if it was a one time thing. He wasn't projecting anything, so, it couldn't have been because the image got fuzzy in his mind, which, if was the case, would mean he wouldn't have been able to corner Gil anyways. So, it has to cost some magical energy to maintain the reality marble, maybe not that huge, but significant when the magus is a novice, such as Shirou.

I agree with the rest.
argh, I meant he doesn't need to spend anymore for tracing. why does everyone have to jump on me because I lack one or two words in my explanation? D:

I was wondering Shirou can create a world of swords, right? Soo could it be possible for him to create a RM of anything else? like "Unlimited Video Game works" or "Unlimited Shovel works" or maybe "Unlimited toothburst works". That could be possible, right?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kansho » August 10th, 2008, 10:31 pm

Shirou has attribute sword and a emotional link to swords.

He didn't has such a thing with videogames. So, no.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » August 10th, 2008, 10:33 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:I was wondering Shirou can create a world of swords, right? Soo could it be possible for him to create a RM of anything else? like "Unlimited Video Game works" or "Unlimited Shovel works" or maybe "Unlimited toothburst works". That could be possible, right?

Doubt it... In nasuverse, one of the fundamental's in Shirou's life seems to be "swords", his life is dependant on them and they are part of his existence. His "true" version of the UBW-hymn also goes something around "This is the only path. My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works."

Kansho wrote:Shirou has attribute sword

It's amusing how Nasu simply states such things plainly and you have to accept it for what it is, or fill for yourself. Granted, I can accept that he creates own rules to give new dimensions to his stories, but it is funny.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kansho » August 10th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Sakura's attributes = Imaginary Numbers and Water... :roll:
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 10th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Kansho wrote:Sakura's attributes = Imaginary Numbers and Water... :roll:

What does that mean? O_o
please explain.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 11th, 2008, 12:42 am

The hell... she can define the square root of negative one? XD
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gexer64 » August 11th, 2008, 1:45 am

That pretty much explains everything. What other attributes are known?
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » August 11th, 2008, 1:54 am

gexer64 wrote:That pretty much explains everything. What other attributes are known?
rin's attribute is water / five elementals. tokiomi is pretty much the same.

I think kiritsugu and kirei's attributes are also known, but I don't remember. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby gexer64 » August 11th, 2008, 2:58 am

Raitei wrote:
gexer64 wrote:That pretty much explains everything. What other attributes are known?
rin's attribute is water / five elementals. tokiomi is pretty much the same.

I think kiritsugu and kirei's attributes are also known, but I don't remember. :P

I swear the more I read into this stuff the more confused I get. :roll:

When you say five elementals are you referring to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_eleme ... philosophy)

meh the link doesn't work because of the parenthesis. Copy and paste FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ayadew » August 11th, 2008, 8:40 am

Nasu has attribute Bullshit..
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rikh » August 11th, 2008, 9:14 am

Shiro can also trace a soccer ball in Arataxia. he is Attribute Sword + Soccer
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 11th, 2008, 9:33 am

Actually, all the other stuff he traced before ended up as 'empty shells' that had nothing inside - what is a soccer ball? It's hollow! XD
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shirou12 » August 11th, 2008, 1:21 pm

how come that sakura has an imaginary numbers attribute?

does that mean he can solve astronomical numbers mentally?
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 11th, 2008, 2:45 pm

shirou12 wrote:how come that sakura has an imaginary numbers attribute?

does that mean he can solve astronomical numbers mentally?

I am attribute "I don't get it"
because...well...I don't get it.

If sakura's attribute are the numbers, Imaginary numbers to make it worse, she can freaking destroy the order of nature.

NOw I do understand how she kills.

Dark Sakura: "Solve following problem"
Person A : NOOOO!!! *head explodes!*
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 11th, 2008, 11:11 pm

In mathematics, imaginary numbers are to do with the even radicals of negative numbers... The second, fourth, sixth, etc. root of a negative number is an imaginary number and is denoted as a multiple of i, where Image.

It's possible to do maths with imaginary numbers, but I definitely gave it up after high school. What do complex numbers have to do with a health science, after all? XD

I'm not entirely sure how that relates to doing magic with imaginary numbers - it's not so much that the number doesn't exist, but that it exists on another plane.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 12th, 2008, 12:31 am

AlinSabel wrote:In mathematics, imaginary numbers are to do with the even radicals of negative numbers... The second, fourth, sixth, etc. root of a negative number is an imaginary number and is denoted as a multiple of i, where Image.

It's possible to do maths with imaginary numbers, but I definitely gave it up after high school. What do complex numbers have to do with a health science, after all? XD

I'm not entirely sure how that relates to doing magic with imaginary numbers - it's not so much that the number doesn't exist, but that it exists on another plane.

Yeeeeessssss...
I know you can do math with I.N but in the nature there is no place for them.
That is the reason they are called "imaginary" there is no case in the nature that can be solved with them.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kansho » August 12th, 2008, 1:12 am

Imaginary Numbers attribute is related to Sakura's magical specialty. Combined with Makiri/Matou's restraint-absorption thaumaturgy is useful against spiritual beings, as hold the target using invisible uncertainty and sink it into a one dimensional world using a sea of shadows.

If it's also combined with Angra Mainyu's/Black Shadow curse then... mmmmm Feed.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Zensunni » August 12th, 2008, 4:29 am

I have a question....

After reading what little is translated of Fate/Zero, I realised Saber's behaviour in F/SN seems very contradictory (though it's not necessary to read F/Z to see these contradictions, because the conclusion of the last war is revealed in F/SN.). Why is Saber acting as if she doesn't remember anything vital from the last war? For example, she should know Kirei's true nature. Her knowledge should have a tremendous effect on things. The only thing Saber says aloud about the last war in F/SN is that she made it to the end, and that was just bragging about how good she is. :P What's up with that? I wouldn't mind being spoiled to know.
Zensunni
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat