About that Shirou [SPOILERS]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

About that Shirou [SPOILERS]

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 8:53 am

Is it just me who finds Shirou's character abit strange when he gets around women?
I have read through both fate and UBW and i find that his reaction is a bit wierd (understatement) when he is asked to have sex with Saber (fate route) and Rin (ubw route), his first expression is WTF?!one?, witch is fine since i think that most ppl would react that way, but instead of accpeting it i think he keeps this act up for a bit to long, but i guess it's abit unexpected the first time in the fate route. But he should get the small hints Saber sends him about her feelings for him and it's not like it's out of the blue when he has "sexual intercourse" with Rin, she did go out on a date with him, I mean that must say something to him about Rin's feelings. I mean he is a guy (i hope) and human, how can he not get the message?

So, am I the only one that thinks that Shirou is a bit wierd?

Also I think that Shirous reaction to Sabers departure in the epilogue of Fate, I agree with Rin when she says that it's a bit wired that Shirou never greifs over Sabers death
Swartt
Addict

Re: About that Shirou [SPOILERS]

Unread postby Raitei » July 22nd, 2008, 9:07 am

Swartt wrote:So, am I the only one that thinks that Shirou is a bit wierd?

Also I think that Shirous reaction to Sabers departure in the epilogue of Fate, I agree with Rin when she says that it's a bit wired that Shirou never greifs over Sabers death
yeah, rin did say that she was confused over shirou's aftermath behavior, that she thought he could die any moment (yeah, that's the metaphor she used), being hit by a car or jumping off the heights... however, the explanation he gave her afterward (though it's not a satisfactory explanation) makes us sense of that. that he still loves saber, and even though he'll forget her voices, gestures, and others, he'll still remember that he loves her.

they fought to protect what they thought is beautiful. that's the meaning of fate route. making peace with one's past and keep moving forward. :)
and shirou's reaction around women is not something to be classified as "weird"; he acted like that (although it's indeed a bit overreactive) because he's a healthy young man, isn't that right? :) and shirou's not noticing about what the girls feel about him... that is most likely because he's too focused to his own feelings towards them (in each route). :)

maybe I'll put it like this : if you like someone to the degree of obsessed, you'll most likely be blind and deaf of whatever's going on around you. how can he notice what does the girls feel about him? :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby TakaJun » July 22nd, 2008, 9:12 am

Give Shirou a break. He's never held a women's hand before, after all
TakaJun

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 9:21 am

Hmm Raitei, you sure have a great point there, but.. (there is always a but) I still think that he is wierd, and my interpretation of his relation with Rin is that he always admire her, I don't think he is obsessess with nither Rin or Saber, But thats just me talking.
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 22nd, 2008, 10:40 am

Swartt wrote:Hmm Raitei, you sure have a great point there, but.. (there is always a but) I still think that he is wierd, and my interpretation of his relation with Rin is that he always admire her, I don't think he is obsessess with nither Rin or Saber, But thats just me talking.
yeah, his initial feelings for saber and rin is kinda like infatuation, but that'll develop later into a bit of obsession, and then true love. that's always like that. he's... always a bit overprotective towards the girl he loves. clear evidence in fate was when he confronts gilgamesh, and in ubw, when he warned lancer to keep his distance from rin. :lol:

and in hf... read it yourself; I don't wanna spoil the fun just yet. :lol:
that "overprotective" attitude is what makes him not keen of the girls' true feelings towards him. :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 10:49 am

Raitei wrote:yeah, his initial feelings for saber and rin is kinda like infatuation, but that'll develop later into a bit of obsession, and then true love. that's always like that. he's... always a bit overprotective towards the girl he loves. clear evidence in fate was when he confronts gilgamesh, and in ubw, when he warned lancer to keep his distance from rin. :lol:

I believe that has more to do with is ideals, but ofc, he develops true love for both Rin and Saber in both paths and that defently has something to do with it, but then again I think he would try and protect any girl, not just the ones he loves.
I dont think there is any right or wrong in this, its more of interpretation. There I dont think it never goes as far as obsession, I think that he just realize his true feelings, but hey, maybe I'm wrong^^
Last edited by Swartt on July 22nd, 2008, 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 22nd, 2008, 10:52 am

Swartt wrote:I believe that has more to do with is ideals, but ofc, he develops true love for both Rin and Saber in both paths and that defently has something to do with it, but then again I think he would try and protect any girl, not just the ones he loves.
I dont think there is any right or wrong in this, its more of interpretation. There I dont think it never goes as far as obsession, I think that he just realize his true feelings, but hey, maybe I'm wrong^^
yeah, true. ^^
evidence shown when he insisted saber not to fight gilgamesh in ubw and instead he went on to confront the king of heroes himself. yeah, maybe "obsession" is too strong here; I can't think of anything else to describe his feeling towards the heroines in each route. :P
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 11:05 am

Raitei wrote:yeah, true. ^^
evidence shown when he insisted saber not to fight gilgamesh in ubw and instead he went on to confront the king of heroes himself. yeah, maybe "obsession" is too strong here; I can't think of anything else to describe his feeling towards the heroines in each route. :P

Hmm... isen't it just plane love more then obsession?
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 22nd, 2008, 11:10 am

Swartt wrote:Hmm... isen't it just plane love more then obsession?
plain love? no, it isn't something like that. ^^U
something like... yeah, "obsession" (too strong again, but whatever), which would later develop into true love. first infatuation, then "obsession", and "true love". something like that. :)
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 am

Raitei wrote:
Swartt wrote:Hmm... isen't it just plane love more then obsession?
plain love? no, it isn't something like that. ^^U
something like... yeah, "obsession" (too strong again, but whatever), which would later develop into true love. first infatuation, then "obsession", and "true love". something like that. :)

Sorry, but i disagree, Obsession is WAY to strong, more like first infatuation, then big crush, then true love
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 22nd, 2008, 11:22 am

Swartt wrote:Sorry, but i disagree, Obsession is WAY to strong, more like first infatuation, then big crush, then true love
yes yes, true. big crush is more appropriate. ^^
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 11:27 am

Raitei wrote:
Swartt wrote:Sorry, but i disagree, Obsession is WAY to strong, more like first infatuation, then big crush, then true love
yes yes, true. big crush is more appropriate. ^^

I'm right as always^^

Btw
Since servents only respond to someting (like Avelon and such) when summond, why diden't Shirou summon Archer? obvious connection :P
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 22nd, 2008, 11:42 am

Because Rin got there first. <_>

I dunno, since Counter Guardians from other universes could be summoned, then technically everyone would summon the hero form of themselves. So perhaps the spell that calls a Servant will focus on the catalyst, rather then the summoner. In cases where there is no catalyst, the summoning will call a Servant that is most like the Master. So it would seem the summoning spell "looks at" the catalyst first, and then the Master's attributes.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 11:46 am

AlinSabel wrote:Because Rin got there first. <_>

I dunno, since Counter Guardians from other universes could be summoned, then technically everyone would summon the hero form of themselves. So perhaps the spell that calls a Servant will focus on the catalyst, rather then the summoner. In cases where there is no catalyst, the summoning will call a Servant that is most like the Master. So it would seem the summoning spell "looks at" the catalyst first, and then the Master's attributes.

But Shoulden't Shirou have alot of catalysts, i mean the shed for example, and it's true that Rin was first, so that is the probebly the awnser to that. Counter GARdians beeing summoned for other universes? never heard of that, anyway, everyone doesn't grow up to be a superhero/heroic spirit
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 22nd, 2008, 11:49 am

Swartt wrote:I'm right as always^^
don't get cocky, kid. :lol:
Swartt wrote:Btw
Since servents only respond to someting (like Avelon and such) when summond, why diden't Shirou summon Archer? obvious connection :P
you can't summon two of the same heroes in the same war, except you summon him/her first, and then you spilt him/her into two, just like what the edelfelt sisters do in the 3rd war. even two classes won't do. and rin summoned archer (EMIYA) first, so it's impossible for archer to be summoned again.

AlinSabel wrote:I dunno, since Counter Guardians from other universes could be summoned, then technically everyone would summon the hero form of themselves. So perhaps the spell that calls a Servant will focus on the catalyst, rather then the summoner. In cases where there is no catalyst, the summoning will call a Servant that is most like the Master. So it would seem the summoning spell "looks at" the catalyst first, and then the Master's attributes.
correct.
fuyuki wiki wrote:Generally to pick up a certain hero, an object that the hero had ties to must be used to draw him in as a Servant. If not, the personality of the summoner himself will be used as the summoning catalyst (filter).

Swartt wrote:But Shoulden't Shirou have alot of catalysts, i mean the shed for example, and it's true that Rin was first, so that is the probebly the awnser to that. Counter GARdians beeing summoned for other universes? never heard of that, anyway, everyone doesn't grow up to be a superhero/heroic spirit
there's already one clear evidence just right in front of you. archer (EMIYA). he's a counter guardian summoned from another parallel universe, as the shirous in f/sn has a very little possibility, if not impossible, to become him.
Last edited by Raitei on July 22nd, 2008, 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Swartt » July 22nd, 2008, 11:52 am

Raitei wrote:
Swartt wrote:I'm right as always^^
don't get cocky, kid. :lol:
Swartt wrote:Btw
you can't summon two of the same heroes in the same war, except you summon him/her first, and then you spilt him/her into two, just like what the edelfelt sisters do in the 3rd war. even two classes won't do. and rin summoned archer (EMIYA) first, so it's impossible for archer to be summoned again.

I said that Rin was first in the last quote and what you say is true
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » July 23rd, 2008, 3:07 pm

Swartt wrote:everyone doesn't grow up to be a superhero/heroic spirit

There are infinite possibilities...
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Swartt » July 23rd, 2008, 3:38 pm

Einherjar wrote:

Depends, if you count every possible parallel universe then sure, but that sounds abit far off
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » July 23rd, 2008, 3:52 pm

Depends on what? Infinite possibilities == Infinite possibilities. Nuff said.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » July 23rd, 2008, 3:53 pm

Swartt wrote:
Einherjar wrote:

Depends, if you count every possible parallel universe then sure, but that sounds abit far off
that's what zelretch capable of doing anyways. :P
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat