About that Shirou [SPOILERS]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Nephilm » July 24th, 2008, 10:01 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:WAit!!! Tokie was Shiki's first right? but was that before or after Makihisa erased his memory? If that was after all is good and nice...but! if it was before that would mean Shiki had his first experience at a very, very young age.
I always thought she was his first love, not his first sexual partner.

Shiki, you are such a...

It was after. He was 14 or so, I think... still very young, but w/e.
Nephilm
Might just like this board

Unread postby Shikiller » July 25th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Of course it was after, do you expect a 7 year old child to have sex? >.>
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 26th, 2008, 12:39 am

Shikiller wrote:Of course it was after, do you expect a 7 year old child to have sex? >.>

Yah... sorry sorry...I was a little bit out of my mind.
But still, 14? Wow! I mean...
What did he say to her to convince her?
or was she the one who tempted him?
hmmm... This is material for a doujinshi, a ecchi one. Shotacon to be more exact...
Wait, wasn't this thread about Shirou? why are we talking about Shiki?
I mean Shirou must have something to talk about too...like...
mmmmm...
ehhh...
ahh.
How could he beat the king of heroes when he doesn't even know how to wield a sword properly?
I know he had some training with Saber but still, to kill the king of heroes!?
It is like I could beat Jet-lee after my first karate lesson.

I don't need spoiler boxes, do I?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » July 26th, 2008, 12:46 am

zweiterversuch wrote:How could he beat the king of heroes when he doesn't even know how to wield a sword properly?
I know he had some training with Saber but still, to kill the king of heroes!?
It is like I could beat Jet-lee after my first karate lesson.

I don't need spoiler boxes, do I?
ahh, it's been mentioned several times before. gil's nowhere near saber or assassin's level when it comes to sword mastery. he is just the "owner" of the weapons, not the "wielder". and remember what the description said near the end of fate (fate / stay night II)? "he is not a sword user from the beginning. yes, that's why his class is archer. he is the archer with strongest arrows."
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Shikiller » July 26th, 2008, 12:47 am

let's talk about Shirou then. He can cook, that seems to be a special skill for some reason. Is that uncommon for japanese men to be able cook?
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » July 26th, 2008, 12:48 am

Shikiller wrote:let's talk about Shirou then. He can cook, that seems to be a special skill for some reason. Is that uncommon for japanese men to be able cook?
nope. it's uncommon for men around the world to be able to cook decently like shirou does.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Shikiller » July 26th, 2008, 12:56 am

Raitei wrote:
Shikiller wrote:let's talk about Shirou then. He can cook, that seems to be a special skill for some reason. Is that uncommon for japanese men to be able cook?
nope. it's uncommon for men around the world to be able to cook decently like shirou does.

You can always take cooking lessons, you can easily find schools for that, and nobody tell me that he leart alone without help, or i will call bullshit. Maybe his special skill is to be able to learn how to cook without help.

Another theory, was Kiritsugu able to cook? maybe he taught him.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » July 26th, 2008, 1:01 am

I can make eggs... does that count? <-<
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » July 26th, 2008, 1:04 am

No... What people that can't cook at all does when there is no one who can cook around?
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » July 26th, 2008, 1:07 am

Shikiller wrote:You can always take cooking lessons, you can easily find schools for that, and nobody tell me that he leart alone without help, or i will call bullshit. Maybe his special skill is to be able to learn how to cook without help.

mmph, maybe he learned how to cook in the restaurant he worked at?
he learned how to cook at least one dish there. yeah, the fried shrimp dumplings.
No... What people that can't cook at all does when there is no one who can cook around?
order. by phone. or eat canned food everyday, and die from digestion disorders.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 26th, 2008, 1:28 am

Raitei wrote:
Shikiller wrote:You can always take cooking lessons, you can easily find schools for that, and nobody tell me that he leart alone without help, or i will call bullshit. Maybe his special skill is to be able to learn how to cook without help.

mmph, maybe he learned how to cook in the restaurant he worked at?
he learned how to cook at least one dish there. yeah, the fried shrimp dumplings.
order. by phone. or eat canned food everyday, and die from digestion disorders.

Ahem...after no having someone to cook for me for almost three years now I can say proudly...
There is nothing easier to do than Soup of something with little bits of something else.
Believe me... Hot water, salt and something else.

snif snif...
Grandma, I miss you...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby The_OPO_Man » August 1st, 2008, 12:26 am

Well back on topic again.

Is the way Shirou reacts really that weird?
Shirou probably reacts the way he does because of his morals and ethics.
You know even though many people accuse Shirou of being sexist and sometimes just plain dumb I would actually say that he is in many ways quite the gentleman.
And just so that people don't get confused about what kind of gentleman I mean.
"In another sense, being a gentleman means treating others, especially women, in a respectful manner, and not taking advantage or pushing others into doing things they choose not to do. The exception, of course, is to push one into something they need to do for their own good, as in a visit to the hospital, or pursuing a dream one has suppressed." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman

And I really do think that one should also consider the fact that they are in life threatening situations in both Fate and UBW.
In Fate they are being chased by Berserker and all of a sudden Rin comes up with the splendid idea "lets have sex! that will save us" which seriously should kind of mind fuck Shirou.

And about the "UBW fun scene" I must say that I kind of disagree with Swartt. I am actually quite sure that Shirou is somewhat aware of Rins feelings towards him at the time of "sexual intercourse" however at the time they are in a hurry to come up with a plan to be able to fight Gilgamesh and not getting killed so that they can stop him from using the holy grail. So in UBW it is really something like this.

Shirou: Ok Gilgamesh already has the grail. Archer could probably defeat him so theoretically I should also be able to defeat him however I know that I am nowhere near as good as Archer in terms of abilities however it is still worth a try since I know that I cannot really just give up and not do anything about it. However just in case, Rin might have come up with some kind of solution so lets ask her.
Rin did you happen to come up with a way to defeat Gilgamesh?

Rin: Yeah in a matter of fact I did.
Shirou: Oh that?s great so what should we do?
Rin: Lets have sex so that you can gain super powers and become able to fight a bit more like Archer and btw become able to use your reality marble.
Shirou: Seriously?? Sex?? Could that really help??@_@

Well perhaps a bit exaggerated however that is pretty much what happened in Fate and UBW I guess.

And I also think that one should consider the fact that he has not known the girls more than about a week or so. And I don't really think it is that weird to think that you are not ready to have sex after such a short amount of time even if you have gone a date or not. And to have sex with someone under a stressed life threatening situation should somewhat go against the "gentleman lifestyle" that Shirou seems to somewhat follow.
To be honest I think that I would have acted almost exactly the same under those circumstances.

And regarding the Fate epilogue I don't really see why he should grief. Saber devoted her whole life to her country and did many great things but got betrayed in the end however that does not change the fact that her acts were still good ones.
And I also think that she somewhat accepted Shirous "You cannot change the past" philosophy. So in the end I think that she accepted her life as an extraordinary and good one and that she had nothing to regret. And I also think that is the reason for why she did not choose to stay. After all, she did not even belong to that time period to begin with.
She lived her life as she thought was best, she did many great deeds and regretted nothing and in the end she even got the added bonus to be able to experience true love. So should Shirou really become all emo and so on just because his love got to experience all that she wanted plus more?? And if I remember correctly Shirou said something like "I do not want to sully her pride by making her stay" or something. I am sure that he thinks it is sad that he could not spend more time with her however she had no regrets and died happy so he really has no reason to grief or become emo or anything like that.

So this is my thoughts on these matters. I do not know how many others agree with me however this is how I interpreted these things. And btw should I bother to use spoiler tags even though the topic says "spoilers"?
Last edited by The_OPO_Man on August 1st, 2008, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That is how the wise think however I am still chasing after a childish dream"
The_OPO_Man
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » August 1st, 2008, 1:07 am

what he said.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Swartt » August 1st, 2008, 1:14 pm

The_OPO_Man wrote:Well back on topic again.

Shirou: Ok Gilgamesh already has the grail. Archer could probably defeat him so theoretically I should also be able to defeat him however I know that I am nowhere near as good as Archer in terms of abilities however it is still worth a try since I know that I cannot really just give up and not do anything about it. However just in case, Rin might have come up with some kind of solution so lets ask her.

Rin: Lets have sex so that you can gain super powers and become able to fight a bit more like Archer and btw become able to use your reality marble.

This is how he should have answerd:
Shirou: Seriously?? Sex?? AWESEOME btw, idonthaveacondomsowehavetodoitbarebutit'soksinceI'mhorny :D

Dispite everything you siad, I truly can't say that your are wong, I still hold on to my interpetaion, and as I've said before, there is no wright or wrong.
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 1st, 2008, 2:10 pm

Swartt wrote:

Shirou: Seriously?? Sex?? AWESEOME btw, idonthaveacondomsowehavetodoitbarebutit'soksinceI'mhorny :D

Dispite everything you siad, I truly can't say that your are wong, I still hold on to my interpetaion, and as I've said before, there is no wright or wrong.

Wow!!
Hold your horses, buddy.
Did they really say that?
or is it just a joke?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Swartt » August 1st, 2008, 2:59 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
Swartt wrote:

Wow!!
Hold your horses, buddy.
or is it just a joke?

Thats how he SHOULD have awnsered, according to me :P
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » August 1st, 2008, 4:12 pm

That's you, not Shirou, in any case.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Swartt » August 1st, 2008, 4:36 pm

Einherjar wrote:That's you, not Shirou, in any case.

ofc, but I can wish can't I?
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby The_OPO_Man » August 1st, 2008, 4:39 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Wow!!
Hold your horses, buddy.
or is it just a joke?
Well that was just a poorly done summary of those scenes and Swartt just made a joke about it. :)

That was a quite big post I did though. But that's just a few things that I think one should take into account if one thinks that Shirou is weird.
"That is how the wise think however I am still chasing after a childish dream"
The_OPO_Man
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » August 1st, 2008, 5:40 pm

He's a bit dumb, not weird.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat