Kyaaa Saber Lily is so cute

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raitei » July 17th, 2008, 11:50 pm

abscess wrote:
Chivi wrote:dark: isn't that a waste?

If you say that to Mr. Rai he will most likely hunt you down! :P
Never look down on a Saber figurine!
But, yeah... it's a bit pricey for me too. If there is a poor-guy-edition of the game (one that doesn't come with the figurine) I may consider buying it, but at this moment I have problems with money...
why should I? after all, I too think that it's a bit of extravagance to buy something for other people whereas you yourself don't even have it... :lol:

and cat's right; I didn't detect any "looking-down" statement in his sentence.... :P
Einherjar wrote:Reitei probably has one already.
... do you think gil has every weapon appearing in f/sn inside his vault? D:

@chunky : good job!!!! *crying tears of delight* niiiice blend of lili and saber :cry:
now I'll just need to find myself a copy...

edit: wait, there only says it's 7340 yen?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Chivi » July 18th, 2008, 12:07 am

raitei: nice find! I can definitely afford that now..... do you think there's a chance someone will sell it without the game?????

but is that even legal?
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 18th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Chivi wrote:dark: isn't that a waste?

I don't have a PS2. I want a 80 gig PS3 with the PS2 function but yea this figure is gonna set me back a lot.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 18th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Chivi wrote:raitei: nice find! I can definitely afford that now..... do you think there's a chance someone will sell it without the game?????

but is that even legal?

If you want it that bad, law won't even be an issue...
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Chivi » July 19th, 2008, 12:08 am

ein: sweet, know any sites where they sell figures without the games?
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 19th, 2008, 6:03 am

*Shock* That ... looks friggin cool. Wow I am seeing Saber in a new light :O She actually looks good with that hairstyle ...
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 19th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Chivi wrote:ein: sweet, know any sites where they sell figures without the games?

Ebay or play-asia of course. I'm not responsible if it's illegal or anything.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Chivi » July 19th, 2008, 6:56 pm

hmm... I trust play-asia more
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 20th, 2008, 5:52 am

Einherjar wrote:
Chivi wrote:ein: sweet, know any sites where they sell figures without the games?

Ebay or play-asia of course. I'm not responsible if it's illegal or anything.
legal or illegal figures? I think there're only genuine and fake. :P
the only way to differentiate them is through suspected prices, or the appearance of the figurine.
sometimes, though, a fake figurine was made so nicely that you can't even tell the difference with the genuine figurine. :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Chivi » July 20th, 2008, 6:10 am

so what's the difference of the fake??? not official?

any downsides??? (except for paying alot of money for a fake)
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 20th, 2008, 6:57 am

Chivi wrote:so what's the difference of the fake??? not official?

any downsides??? (except for paying alot of money for a fake)
suspected prices, and the appearance of the figurine as I have stated above. sometimes, a good quality fake makes it hard to differentiate from the real.

and just like fake gundam models, the difference between prices is sometimes too great. with the fake being a lot cheaper, of course. I remember when my friend bought a 1:60 scale freedom for 1/5 of its original price, which was 5500 yen at that time (meaning he bought it for 1100 yen, more or less). I bought the real one, so I knew perfectly well that it's hard indeed to see the difference from outer appearance. of course, I saw another fake with poor quality; the plastic was carved perfunctorily, it's easy to tell that it's fake.

and yes, not official. it's what makes it became much cheaper. faked brand is always like that.
Last edited by Raitei on July 20th, 2008, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby shirou12 » July 20th, 2008, 7:01 am

sometimes a reason why a certain figurine is considered fake is because, probably one of the staff producing those figurines ditch out some of their products and sell it for cheaper price. or just like a product came from smuggling.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chivi » July 20th, 2008, 7:01 am

oh man, do you think that the fakes will have higher prices than the original as well? (or the same price)... I would suspect that it would.

how much would the saber lily be without the game? (just to make sure I don't get a fake if I do get it)
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby Sharm » July 20th, 2008, 8:19 am

When's the release date for the game?! I must have it!! But goddamn I have to save up around $200 so I can get both this and Persona 4 when that comes out... ARGH SO MUCH MONEY IS REQUIRED YET I HAVE SO NOT MUCH!
Sharm
Might just like this board

Unread postby Chivi » July 20th, 2008, 8:37 am

why would you need $100 for persona 4? (I'm not up to date with persona 4)
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 20th, 2008, 9:53 am

Chivi wrote:oh man, do you think that the fakes will have higher prices than the original as well? (or the same price)... I would suspect that it would.
maybe, but it's not likely. fake brand stuffs tend to have far lower prices than the original. just look at fake chanel bags, louis vuitton purses, and many other famed brands.

Chivi wrote:how much would the saber lily be without the game? (just to make sure I don't get a fake if I do get it)
considering my newfound hunch, that saber lili figure + the game costs 10499 yen (dude, look at the tiny bits of numbers below the 7340 yen. I think chunky was right when he said 10000 yen.) and the game itself costs 7340 yen, it's about 3100 yen, more or less. maybe about 31 US $. still reasonable, if I were to say.
Sharm wrote:When's the release date for the game?! I must have it!! But goddamn I have to save up around $200 so I can get both this and Persona 4 when that comes out... ARGH SO MUCH MONEY IS REQUIRED YET I HAVE SO NOT MUCH!
persona 4 is out already. the japanese version, though.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Sharm » July 20th, 2008, 11:24 am

Sharm wrote:When's the release date for the game?! I must have it!! But goddamn I have to save up around $200 so I can get both this and Persona 4 when that comes out... ARGH SO MUCH MONEY IS REQUIRED YET I HAVE SO NOT MUCH!
persona 4 is out already. the japanese version, though.[/quote]

Yes, so I've heard, but what I'm waiting for is the translated version coming out. Looks like it's been made official so i still have time for that, and that one at least know a definite way where i can get it but i don't think i can get unlimited codes the same way...
Sharm
Might just like this board

Unread postby shirou12 » July 20th, 2008, 3:23 pm

chivi> well in the world of smuggling it is very difficult to determine. If the certain product is well created and close to original, the price depends on the knowledge of the buyer and the character of the seller. If the buyer is not familiar with the price not even once and since it was well created which is close to oroginal or probably a ditched out product, then the seller can sell it in a bit higher price which is close to abusing. But if the certain buyer knows about the original price, then thats the time for the discount. well to avoid being a victim of fake merchandise, try to ask the brand and the company name of the one who made the original product, 2nd look for a certain trademark that it was created by that certain company. since it was sell for a high price, probably a company's trademark can be seen there, maybe at the bottom part or something.

well in short just take master raitei's post, what i just post is nothing but a mere random thoughts i made.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chivi » July 20th, 2008, 5:48 pm

rai: well I think 3100 yen is ALOT more reasonable than paying 7340 yen.
also rai, you have a few figma figures??? are there trademarks or anything on them? if they do, can you put a general location on where on the figure it would be on.

I'm really (kinda) desperate for a saber lily figure (which, if I do it get; will be my first figure)

btw, what's the company called?

I'm guessing Figma
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby Catastrophe » July 20th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Chivi wrote:rai: well I think 3100 yen is ALOT more reasonable than paying 7340 yen.
also rai, you have a few figma figures??? 1) are there trademarks or anything on them? if they do, can you put a general location on where on the figure it would be on.

I'm really (kinda) desperate for a saber lily figure (which, if I do it get; will be my first figure)

btw, 2)what's the company called?

I'm guessing Figma
1) well, not in the figures themselves (yes, I have 1 [regular Saber]) but more in the base and in the box itself (the type-moon logo hologram)

2)its Maxfactory, Figma is just a brand of them.

3100 yen is still over the norm, the most I saw one was like 2500 yen (Lellouch) (mine was 2350..... + 2100 shipping -.-)
and there was another similar bundle for a Haruhi game, I will try to search for it and post info on its price.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat