Fate/Stay Night FAQ

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » October 27th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Mages use magecraft, magicians use one of the True Magics. -_-;;

Archaic
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Archaic » November 2nd, 2008, 4:42 am

I'm tired of retrying the patch so I'll post my question here. Please forgive me if this has been asked before but I combed this thread and couldn't find something that mirrored my problem.

I have installed Fate/Stay Night CD version and I've applied patch 3.1. During the patching process I get and Error message that says there is an invalid file and it proceeds to install the game without the voice patch.

I've turned of my anti-virus and I made a CD image of my Real Nua as suggested in this thread but to no avail. Even the quick fix does not rectify the problem.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 2nd, 2008, 4:49 am

Is this during the extraction of the voice files? I would say your disc is scratched. Or your computer killed itself extracting it. If you are certain that the disc is fine, try a newer computer.

Archaic
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Archaic » November 2nd, 2008, 4:55 am

AlinSabel wrote:Is this during the extraction of the voice files? I would say your disc is scratched. Or your computer killed itself extracting it. If you are certain that the disc is fine, try a newer computer.
I believe my disk is fine and my computer is new enough...I can't really buy a new one just for this game.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong in the installation?

I'll post my steps:

1. Installed CD version of Fate
2. Applied Patch with Real Nua mounted.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 2nd, 2008, 5:16 am

The first step is unnecessary (question 6). One may just put the first CD of F/SN in (not RN), quit the installer, run the English Patch, and follow the instructions.

However, that should not have any impact on the installation of the voice patch. I truly am unsure as to what is happening - what other processes are running when you are installing?

Archaic
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Archaic » November 2nd, 2008, 5:42 am

AlinSabel wrote:The first step is unnecessary (question 6). One may just put the first CD of F/SN in (not RN), quit the installer, run the English Patch, and follow the instructions.

However, that should not have any impact on the installation of the voice patch. I truly am unsure as to what is happening - what other processes are running when you are installing?
Noting but the patch. It gives me the "Invalid File" error but it does not specify which.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 2nd, 2008, 6:22 am

I said processes, which means list everything in the processes tab in task manager.

Archaic
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Archaic » November 2nd, 2008, 11:30 am

AlinSabel wrote:I said processes, which means list everything in the processes tab in task manager.
There are way to many to type up a list. I'm not sure how to show you. Is there anything you are looking for in particular?

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » November 3rd, 2008, 11:18 am

I'll post my steps:

1. Installed CD version of Fate
2. Applied Patch with Real Nua mounted.
Ohhhkaaay... From what i can understand is that you're having problems with the voices but not the 'basic' installation...

1) Instead of using your 'image file'.. Use your original copy of the game (or borrow your friend's).. At least it did the trick in my case...

And... Im assuming that you DO OWN an original copy of the game.. so... yeah...
if not.. Im cursing myself for helping you then...

2) From what i know... If you mount an image.. it should appear in some seperate drive.. thing... So when the installer prompts you to 'insert copy of RN disc'... You must find the specific drive where it is mounted... In my case it is F:

So just browse around in 'My Computer' and you should find your 'mount drive'... Dont just keep clicking 'Next... Next... Accept... Next' etc etc...

From what i can see.. This could very well be the problem...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 3rd, 2008, 11:42 am

inferno_flamex: I told him to make an image of his RN disc. He also posted later in the bug fix thread that turning off his AV and doing as described above solved his problem (which was that RN ripping failed mid-rip, not 'failed to rip in the first place' - what you are describing).

Archaic
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Archaic » November 3rd, 2008, 6:27 pm

It is just as AlinSabel described Inferno_flame. Creating an image of my RN disc fixed the problem. I'm not sure why how but I'm happy anyway.

BlackSun
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by BlackSun » November 4th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Is anyone else having trouble getting Bad End #13 even with a walkthrough? I wonder if it?s even possible to get it after you reach the end of Fate.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 11:37 pm

I got it perfectly fine. @_@

frickenmoron
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by frickenmoron » November 5th, 2008, 1:03 pm

BlackSun wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting Bad End #13 even with a walkthrough? I wonder if it?s even possible to get it after you reach the end of Fate.
just really neglect saber. you need less than 5 "saber points" to trigger it, check the flowchart.

arromdee
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fate/Stay Night FAQ

Unread post by arromdee » November 10th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Another place you can buy the game is Himeya which is at [url removed] . This is where I got it. It was quite a bit cheaper than the other places although that was because it was already discounted in Japan.

Unread post by Message » November 10th, 2008, 7:17 pm

arromdee, I've removed your link because it's mightily suspicious. First of all, that's not Himeya. Second, I don't see any games for sale there. Third, it doesn't look like a real site at all. Please clarify?

jvan
Totally hardly posted

great! 3.1 downloaded, now quick question...

Unread post by jvan » November 12th, 2008, 1:19 am

wow. i hadn't been back here since finishing UBW translation. Now, i see that 3.1 is out!! just downloaded and installed patch. thanks for all the great work guys!!! quick question- now that the patch is downloaded and installed, how do i get to the HF route? should i start at the beginneing again? where does HF branch off?

by the way, will any one here be at oni-con in houston in december?

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 12th, 2008, 1:40 am

There's a walkthrough in the FAQ. If you've completed Fate and UBW, you'll be able to get onto HF route proper. If not, you'll get a bad end when you try.

arromdee
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by arromdee » November 17th, 2008, 5:33 am

Needless to say, that was a brain fart, and it's unfortunate that it ended up making it look like that. It's not Himeya. It's actually Horibe-Ya. And yes, they do in fact have games there. It says PC software at the top (assuming I did give the right URL--I can't see it). You need to email them for price quotes first; there's no online shopping.

I actually found out about them a few years ago when I used them for ordering Playstation 2 magazines. It is a real site and I did order Fate/Stay Night from them. (And it's unmistakably a legitimate game, shipped from Japan in the original box with the manual, registration card, etc.)

I just Googled them and it seems like absolutely nobody has heard of them in English (there are a bunch of links within Japan, but I can't read them.) All I can say is that it did work for me.

Unread post by Message » November 17th, 2008, 7:25 am

Hmmm... Interesting. Though a shipping cost of 0.7-0.9 times the price of the bought item is rather insane, if you ask me. >__<