Fate/Stay Night FAQ

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/Stay Night FAQ

Unread postby Message » June 5th, 2011, 5:37 am

Prinny! wrote:Hi I'm new here and I've been trying to install this game for the first time. I have the japanese ps2 disc in my possession but when I try to run the latest installer it says it does not recognize my version of windows (windows 7), and that whenever it asks to insert the disc it says that it cannot find it even though my computer is able to detect it.

What am I doing wrong?

Hmm... I guess I really should work on a new F/sn release sometime. ~_~

Anyway, the warning is shown because the installer was created before Win7 existed. The installer should work fine regardless. As for the disc detection: You cannot play the PS2 version of the game on a PC. In order to play F/sn, whether in English or in Japanese, you'll need to buy the PC version of the game. Though if you want to install voices, you'll still need the PS2 disc.

Unread postby Prinny! » June 5th, 2011, 10:03 pm

That's really strange...cause my friend who gave me this ps2 disc used this disc and version 3.2 and he can run the game. He runs on windows xp, but he must be magic or something.
Prinny!
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby hey00 » January 15th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Hello,

I finally decided to play Fate Stay Night so thanks for the translation (such a shame those games aren't officially released in our countries), and thus I have a few questions that weren't answered in the faq nor anywhere else I could find. So instead of guessing and maybe have regret later, let's ask.

So I am mainly wondering about the Realta Nua patch, not the one included into mirrormoon's english patch (that one is just adding voices, right?), the other. I couldn't find anywhere what exactly was this patch doing, and therefore if, as it is my first time playing the game, I should use it or not.

That's why I am here, is that patch only adding cgs and scenes, is it replacing some, is it removing other?
Also, is it changing/adding routes? (I heard about last episode being added, so basically, is that patch making the flowchart included in the English patch wrong?)
And overall, should I use it or should I play the game first without it, and then with it?

Thank you.
hey00
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat