UBW chants (Spoiler)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby shirou12 » July 6th, 2008, 2:15 am

it is scary to go in this fight about things like this. in my perception, what inverted said is right, archer and saber has similar factors even the poem can be describe to saber's life, but what archer pointed out in his chant is only about himself, shirou's chant is pointing out on his chosen path based on what archer's path took. Because archer regrets what he has done, shirou still continues what he believe is right path he will took. And it is mean to say that nasu doesnt know any english, i guess he/she is aware on what she/he writes.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Re: UBW chants (Spoiler)

Unread postby qwerty007 » April 15th, 2011, 10:53 pm

well, from an english readers perspective the jap chants suck. sounds retarded in english translation, though i can not judge the jap since i don't speak it. the one archer used in the anime version sounds perfect in english.

I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, these hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, 'Unlimited Blade Works.'

This actually makes perfect sense in the whole of things to consider with regards to shiro and archer.
qwerty007
Totally hardly posted

Re: UBW chants (Spoiler)

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 18th, 2011, 2:51 am

What are you talking about the Engrish chant was the best one ever. Besides it's not like they couldn't of done it in Japanese, but I think they were going for what would be considered as a normal western magician using a 8 chant count to cast something. Oddly enough there was a translation of the chant back into Japanese to explain what the chant really meant. Although I'm sur ethat was posted earlier somewhere on this thread if memory serves me correctly.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat