Regrets in playing Fate/Stay Night [SPOILERS]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Regrets in playing Fate/Stay Night [SPOILERS]

Unread postby inferno_flamex » June 19th, 2008, 4:28 pm

READ THIS!!!

As the HF route has FINALLY been translated... This topic has received FULL SPOILARZ rights!
All posters do not need to /spoilerz their text unless they concern stuffs regarding other TM type games like Tsukihime... Or Fate/Zero

Thank you!~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright.. We all know that : GAME >>>>>>>> Anime

And since the completion of HF should be around the corner.. We could begin to look back at those days when we enjoyed reading it...

But is there anything that you guys 'regretted' about playing the game? Anything at all... It might be the storyline... Or it could just be something personal that an event in FSN reminded you of something... Or it could just mean that, those $$$$ you still owed your mom just to get the game from an import... Both FSN and RN... LOL

And i would like to remind that you guys post in a spoiler tag should there be any HF spoilers here... There are some of us that have already been corrupted with too much information on HF... Hey wait... That's a regret as well!! XDDDDDD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well.. For me.. I guess my BIGGEST regret is that when I first played the game... Hoping for a Saber GOOD ending... I was just clicking some random choice, and continue on clicking on the storymode... Hoping to learn what i can just by the moving images...

Well.. I donno if there's gonna be any in HF.. But i doubt it.. Saber's only route have been done... So its kinda like a sad thing for me to experience, make that NOT experience the ending i was hopeful for in the first place...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by inferno_flamex on December 5th, 2008, 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mirfo x.x » June 19th, 2008, 4:37 pm

The only thing I regret is finishing it so quickly... but you just can't stop reading t_t and when I'm done with HF I'll probably fall into an emo depressive mode that God knows how will I get out of there u.u
Mirfo x.x
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Superflonic » June 19th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Mirfo x.x wrote:The only thing I regret is finishing it so quickly... but you just can't stop reading t_t and when I'm done with HF I'll probably fall into an emo depressive mode that God knows how will I get out of there u.u

As I said in a topic I made some time ago, I am always depressed after reading something great.
but then, I find out about something related, and everything is all well.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » June 19th, 2008, 4:54 pm

regrets? if there's any, it must be fate true end. hard blow, a knife straight in the heart. one hour crying, a whole day without meal, and one week depression. after effects?

considerably dragged down my marks, made me desperately search for a cure ( I don't need to tell that I failed, do I? after all, there's no cure for hunger. ), and excessively obsessed with ( starting from ) saber, f/sn girls, f/sn, type moon, and in the end, all those things had swallowed ( corrupted ) me whole.

but thanks to all that, I developed my own "reality marble", a world in which I could "possess everything in this world", free from mental disturbances and stuffs, even devoid of emotion. ( yeah, I never shed any tears since the end of fate. or feel anything :twisted:
kinda like mental pollution skill that caster possesses. just read that for more details :twisted: )
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby ayadew » June 19th, 2008, 5:10 pm

"I have no regrets, my whole life was unlimited blade works"
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mirfo x.x » June 19th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Raitei wrote:regrets? if there's any, it must be fate true end. hard blow, a knife straight in the heart. one hour crying, a whole day without meal, and one week depression. after effects?

considerably dragged down my marks, made me desperately search for a cure ( I don't need to tell that I failed, do I? after all, there's no cure for hunger. ), and excessively obsessed with ( starting from ) saber, f/sn girls, f/sn, type moon, and in the end, all those things had swallowed ( corrupted ) me whole.

but thanks to all that, I developed my own "reality marble", a world in which I could "possess everything in this world", free from mental disturbances and stuffs, even devoid of emotion. ( yeah, I never shed any tears since the end of fate. or feel anything :twisted:
kinda like mental pollution skill that caster possesses. just read that for more details :twisted: )

When did you / I cloned yourself / myself? x_x
Mirfo x.x
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby uriel » June 19th, 2008, 6:37 pm

the only regret i have is in UBW, i liked the story a lot (is my favorite at the moment) but I can't stand in the end what happen to shinji, he deserved a far worst fate.
"Someone said is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, but that is a defeatistic attitude.
I won't reign only in hell"
uriel
Might just like this board

Unread postby ayadew » June 19th, 2008, 7:26 pm

uriel wrote:the only regret i have is in UBW, i liked the story a lot (is my favorite at the moment) but I can't stand in the end what happen to shinji, he deserved a far worst fate.

Just you wait my love
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby eskimo bill » June 19th, 2008, 7:57 pm

the only thing i regret is watching the anime first :? other than that this game stole my life for about 3 days each route, i even called in sick to work so i could finish UBW :twisted:
eskimo bill
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Brizzle » June 20th, 2008, 1:33 am

I regret the massive amount of spoiling I got years ago when I was convinced that there was no hope for F/SN to be translated into English. I wish more of the game could have been a bigger surprise for me. Still, actually reading the translations was very exciting and infinitely more enjoyable than simply reading spoilers posted on forums and wikis.

I'm not sure yet if I regret the massive amount of F/SN merchandise and figs I've bought. *looks at Kaleido-Ruby statue, Fate/Zero Saber statue, moe-moe Sakura statue* Nah. :D
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » June 20th, 2008, 1:36 am

Mirfo x.x wrote:When did you / I cloned yourself / myself? x_x
cut it out, mr. copycat :evil: j/k
Brizzle wrote:I'm not sure yet if I regret the massive amount of F/SN merchandise and figs I've bought. *looks at Kaleido-Ruby statue, Fate/Zero Saber statue, moe-moe Sakura statue* Nah. :D
I envy how you guys could spend so much money on those things. :evil: not that I say it's bad (in fact, I really want to) :lol:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby agesboy » June 20th, 2008, 2:54 am

I regret browsing wikipedia and reading the subsection on Archer's page titled "True Identity"

X_X

Also, in reading the wiki a couple months ago while trying to figure out who the hell my character, Shinji, was in a forum game of Mafia (the entire reason I got into F/SN), I read a little too much about him in Heaven's Feel and I never forgot it... >_<

On an unrelated note, someone claimed to be Gilgamesh that game and did not get killed immediately. I think "what the hell" to this day.
agesboy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 20th, 2008, 3:16 am

I, too, regret being spoiled about quite a few things in Heaven's Feel (hopefully not a majority of the plot points, though...).
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Undream » June 20th, 2008, 3:25 am

I regret being so weak to the lures of the spoilers buttons, specially those of Kansho xD ...:(
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chivi » June 20th, 2008, 3:30 am

I regret not getting all the dead ends before going onto UBW T______T
Chivi
Addict

Unread postby shirou12 » June 20th, 2008, 11:45 am

I regret the time that i start to play this game, i should wait for the mirrormoon to finish the whole translation before i start playing.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » June 20th, 2008, 11:47 pm

I regret wiki'ing the game and reading story spoilers after watching the anime before I found out there was an english translation in progress.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Re: Regrets in playing Fate/Stay Night [Some SPOILERS]

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 21st, 2008, 1:21 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Well.. For me.. I guess my BIGGEST regret is that when I first played the game... Hoping for a Saber GOOD ending

.....(not a HF spoiler)
isn't it sad, Saber? ;_;

sorry, had to point that out <.<
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Re: Regrets in playing Fate/Stay Night [Some SPOILERS]

Unread postby inferno_flamex » June 21st, 2008, 3:00 am

Catastrophe wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Well.. For me.. I guess my BIGGEST regret is that when I first played the game... Hoping for a Saber GOOD ending

.....(not a HF spoiler)
isn't it sad, Saber? ;_;

sorry, had to point that out <.<

Gaarggh... T.T
Yeah... But guess i have to make do with UBW Good ending... It sorta lifted up my spirits... just abit tho..
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Evaric » June 23rd, 2008, 10:49 am

I'm in the same boat as Agesboy, my biggest regret was finding out Archer's true identity before I played. >_<

For those of you who weren't satisfied by the Saber ending, the PS2 version Realta Nua had another part to the Saber ending called Last Episode. You can see the video of it here:
www(.)dailymotion(.)com/TanteiLoki/stay/video/x1xphh_realta-nua-last-episode-partie-2_videogames

And wingzero over at Beast's Lair was kind enough to translate it here:
nrvnqsr(.)proboards20(.)com/index.cgi?board=walk&action=display&thread=3342

Enjoy.
Evaric
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat