Voices patch5.xp3

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Voices patch5.xp3

Unread postby Arraxis » June 6th, 2008, 4:44 pm

I've seen this mentioned several times in threads that sometimes when trying to install the patch for the Realta Nua voice additions, there is an error on patch5.xp3, which prevents the voices from being installed. I'd like to know if any solutions have been found, or if there is anything being done to fix this problem. Thanks for the help!
Arraxis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby tooe » June 6th, 2008, 5:03 pm

I had this error too, and I found a solution, sort of. It didn't work when I tried it on my primary computer, but I tried installing it on a different computer and it worked fine. I then just transfered the patch5.xp3 file to the original computer, and it worked. I have no clue why this helped, but it did, and I won't complain.
tooe
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arraxis » June 7th, 2008, 12:14 am

I'll give that a go when I'm able. Hopefully it'll work better than it did with some others who tried that method as well. Thanks for the reply!
Arraxis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arraxis » June 7th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Looks like that isn't working either... any other ideas on getting the voices up and running, or reasons to why it isn't working?
Arraxis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Gacatar » June 14th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Not sure if it's the same problem that you're having, but every time I tried installing the voice patch I got spammed with "Cannot open voice file" (or something similar, I didn't write it down) error messages at around 70%.

I finally found out that either my anti-virus (avast) or firewall (zonealarm) caused some pretty nasty memory leaks during install. Never occurred while installing other programs, but then again, no other program processed 30k sound files :)

Hit control+alt+del when you get the error during the install, if your commit charge is something ridiculous (I had a peak of over 1.8 gigs) then most likely you're having the same problem as me.

I disabled my firewall and antivirus software (after disconnecting the computer from the net, can't be paranoid enough). After that, the voice patch installed just fine.

Hope it helps.
Gacatar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun » June 15th, 2008, 7:35 am

The AV issue may be caused by the fact that any good on-access scanner will scan every file that is opened. That means that every one of those 30k sound files will be opened by your AV scanner and scanned before being processed and then they will be scanned again when they're placed on the HDD. I killed my AV (Avira AntiVir Personal) before I installed since I have seen this happen on massive installations (Crysis for one) and everything went fine for me. YMMV of course though.
If you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Arraxis » July 4th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Well, my friend recently tried with the same discs and such, and it worked for him. The only difference I can think of is that he uses XP, while I have Vista. Would this affect the installation in any way?
Arraxis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » July 4th, 2008, 8:21 pm

Run as admin, if you aren't already. That usually helps.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Arraxis » July 10th, 2008, 1:10 pm

It didn't, unfortunately - nor when I ran in XP compatibility mode. Either way, I just got the required files off of my friend and the voices work fine. Thanks for the help, anyway, and I hope that you work out a solution to that problem in the future, since others seem to suffer from it too.
Arraxis
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat