Should I watch anime?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Should I watch anime?

Unread postby Miraploy » June 2nd, 2008, 12:08 am

Having played the 2 translated routes of FSN, should I go ahead and watch the anime? Or will their amalgamation plot spoil Heaven's Feel?
Miraploy
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: April 19th, 2008, 5:35 am

Unread postby Ciel » June 2nd, 2008, 12:13 am

There's really not that much hf stuff in it. Few scenes are altered from hf and there's one that hints at something hf reveals.
User avatar
Ciel
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 454
Joined: March 11th, 2004, 6:44 am

Unread postby Miraploy » June 2nd, 2008, 12:27 am

Ciel wrote:There's really not that much hf stuff in it. Few scenes are altered from hf and there's one that hints at something hf reveals.


Sounds dangerous, I'm still not sure. What's your recommendation?
Miraploy
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: April 19th, 2008, 5:35 am

Unread postby Raitei » June 2nd, 2008, 12:32 am

Miraploy wrote:
Ciel wrote:There's really not that much hf stuff in it. Few scenes are altered from hf and there's one that hints at something hf reveals.


Sounds dangerous, I'm still not sure. What's your recommendation?
sorry for the intrusion, but I would think it's safe to watch. the only hf spoiler I can recall is rin-sakura relationship. the nature of the grail portrayed in the anime has all been covered by fate.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Miraploy » June 2nd, 2008, 12:38 am

No intrusion, thanks for the clear recommendation. :D
Miraploy
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: April 19th, 2008, 5:35 am

Unread postby Miraploy » June 3rd, 2008, 1:47 am

Just saw it. :D Was terrible. Wish I didn't. :D
Miraploy
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: April 19th, 2008, 5:35 am

Unread postby Raitei » June 3rd, 2008, 1:49 am

Miraploy wrote:Just saw it. :D Was terrible. Wish I didn't. :D
*scoffs* at least, it exists. unlike... yeah, you know what I mean ;)
8/10 in my list. :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Serpentarius » June 3rd, 2008, 8:28 am

Miraploy wrote:Just saw it. :D Was terrible. Wish I didn't. :D
But at least the fight scenes are good, right?
User avatar
Serpentarius
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 57
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 3rd, 2008, 8:37 am

I don't think it's horribly bad myself. Well, at least I didn't really complain about the art. Didn't actually concentrate too much on the anime itself =P.

It'd be best to play the game first imo, then laugh at the anime.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread postby Inverted » June 3rd, 2008, 8:58 am

It was pretty good. It me got interested enough to search out and play the F/SN VN, not to meation leading me to Tsukihime which I am thankful for.
User avatar
Inverted
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 263
Joined: February 2nd, 2008, 7:25 pm

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » June 3rd, 2008, 11:44 am

Other than ep 14 I thought it was a pretty bad anime adaptation but I found the story premise to be pretty interesting and then I found it was based on a visual novel ... if I were to recommend I would say never watch it but rather just play the "game" ... but since you have already seen it oh well :P
User avatar
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 19th, 2007, 1:43 pm
Location: Horny land

Unread postby Raitei » June 3rd, 2008, 12:05 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Other than ep 14
must be the archer vs berserker scene, right? oh wait, that's ep 13 :P
drizzt_rocks wrote: I thought it was a pretty bad anime adaptation but I found the story premise to be pretty interesting and then I found it was based on a visual novel ... if I were to recommend I would say never watch it but rather just play the "game" ... but since you have already seen it oh well :P
the improvisation was done quite nicely, if I were to say. and nice blend of fate with elements from other routes (95% of fate, 15-20% of ubw, and 5% of hf, if I recall?) :wink:

remember guys, adaptation != real thing. just like harry potter, adaptations tend to have some altered elements which the readers dislike ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » June 3rd, 2008, 1:45 pm

Raitei wrote: must be the archer vs berserker scene, right? oh wait, that's ep 13 :P


whoops you know which one I am talking abourt anyways :P

Raitei wrote: the improvisation was done quite nicely, if I were to say. and nice blend of fate with elements from other routes (95% of fate, 15-20% of ubw, and 5% of hf, if I recall?) :wink:

remember guys, adaptation != real thing. just like harry potter, adaptations tend to have some altered elements which the readers dislike ;)


Haha like I said I found out about the visual novel after the anime so I didnt judge it based on any prior expectations. But I did judge it against other anime and it was an average anime adaptation with an interesting premise which left me feeling underwhelmed and thinking it could be soo much better and got me to research more about it. Reading through the acual vn just helped me see that the anime could have been handled much better.

Its hard to pinpoint the exact failure of the anime but I think this stems from the anime following the visual novel far too closely. It didnt use the freedom that was granted to it by virtue of being an anime except in ep 13 where Archer and Berserker fought. It was pretty much like watching a visual novel being instead of watching an anime. Basically it didnt take advantage of the medium it was being shown in.

Since I aint a harry potter fan I wont talk about it. But in lord of the rings the book had soo much stuff going on between major battles that it would have become boring as hell to show in a movie. These changes if made cleverly help the adaptation. But the fsn adaptation doesnt do that. It just ends up adding random crap which gives out spoilers to ubw and hf without actually explaining anything. It didnt remove any of the meaningless crap and instead added in pretty large spoilers without explaining anything (You seriously cant say that you had no idea who archer was after watching the anime ... they lay it out in front of you). That it is why it was just an average adaptation ... Ep13 gave hope of what could be tho :P
User avatar
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 19th, 2007, 1:43 pm
Location: Horny land

Unread postby Enerccio » June 3rd, 2008, 2:18 pm

Raitei wrote:
drizzt_rocks wrote:Other than ep 14
must be the archer vs berserker scene, right? oh wait, that's ep 13 :P

Ep 14, don't fool the man :(
User avatar
Enerccio
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread postby Raitei » June 3rd, 2008, 2:25 pm

Enerccio wrote:
Raitei wrote:
drizzt_rocks wrote:Other than ep 14
must be the archer vs berserker scene, right? oh wait, that's ep 13 :P

Ep 14, don't fool the man :(
"in before the opening song changes", that's what recorded in my brain. thing is, my memory seems a little vague, so I'm struck between ep 13 and 14. :P

@ drizzt rocks : I don't read lord of the rings, so I don't really know much about it, but I think the movie is awesome, really ;)
however, if you read harry potter, you can find some scene / character alteration that just don't match with what is expected. seems out of place, really. thing is, I don't think that same goes for f/sn the anime :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Enerccio » June 3rd, 2008, 4:23 pm

14, I am sure of it. It was only episode I saw (just for the archer) and I saw it on stage6 (GOOD NIGHT, SWEET PRINCE!)
User avatar
Enerccio
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread postby handey » June 3rd, 2008, 8:36 pm

yup. the archer fight was the best part.
i almost forgot, sakura's catsuit was great, too. :)
when i saw her in that i was like: "i wonder who changed her into it". ^^
handey
Addict
 
Posts: 64
Joined: March 16th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Unread postby Krescentwolf » June 3rd, 2008, 10:13 pm

handey wrote:yup. the archer fight was the best part.
i almost forgot, sakura's catsuit was great, too. :)
when i saw her in that i was like: "i wonder who changed her into it". ^^


Caster of course... You -know- she likes playing dress up with her captives...



:twisted:
Krescentwolf
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: March 19th, 2008, 8:38 am
Location: In a dark place with Rider...

Unread postby Raitei » June 4th, 2008, 12:03 am

Krescentwolf wrote:
handey wrote:yup. the archer fight was the best part.
i almost forgot, sakura's catsuit was great, too. :)
when i saw her in that i was like: "i wonder who changed her into it". ^^


Caster of course... You -know- she likes playing dress up with her captives...



:twisted:
lies. saber's brown skirt >>>>>>> sakura's "mistress of pain" suit.

@ enerccio : nah, you cannot have precisely watched only ep 14 without first watching any other episodes.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Einherjar » June 4th, 2008, 3:15 am

The Art is good, and since most you played the game, just don't give a fuck about the story and enjoy the thing. Heck, you should have seen the manga, or tsukihime ani- *is shot*
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron