Fate/stay night fandub (abridged series)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » September 16th, 2008, 12:37 am

awesome episode. some of it wasnt that good but overall its good. ive seen way worse abridged series.
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Re: Sorry for the delays!

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » September 16th, 2008, 6:56 am

That's interesting... even though the source video is a higher resolution than 320x240, youtube didn't make a standard high-quality version available? O_o

Either way, you can still access the high-quality MP4 version (same high quality + stereo sound w/ faster load speed)

Using some "1337 h4x" here's the MP4 version embedded using the video BBcode command. (it's in a spoiler tag so that it doesn't auto-load) It's 22MB so depending on your connection it may take a while.

Alternatively, if you're asked to install a plugin or it won't play or something (it seems it won't work with the VLC plugin, don't know about quicktime though), you can view the MP4 version right on youtube here (youtube embed BBcode doesn't work for the MP4 version)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W7TSXUjKm2A&fmt=18

NOTE: In order to see the HQ MP4 version right on youtube, you MUST have Flash Player 9 Update 3 or newer, otherwise you'll just see the standard quality version (at least that's what happened last time I checked).

Now I would also give a direct download link if neither of those methods worked, but it's possible fo the creators to not be happy with that... so just to be safe NO DOWNLOAD LINK FOR YOU D:< ARRRRRRRRRR
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on October 1st, 2008, 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Lilium » September 17th, 2008, 4:58 pm

hay when i get away from dile up at home il post a down load link so that you can get the episodes from me if any bodys intrested so please pm me it might take a while but il send them if i have to
i wrap my self in crimson wings and disappear in an explosion of black fire
Lilium
Might just like this board

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 1st, 2008, 7:54 pm

Episode 2, released!

Hope you enjoy it, there's still pretty bad lipsynching though.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 1st, 2008, 8:23 pm

THIS POST IS CURRENTLY IRRELEVANT SINCE THE VIDEO HAS GONE MISSING ON YOUTUBE

Yet again, here's the higher-res HQ MP4 version in a spoiler tag to prevent auto-loading (still not confident this'll actually work for everyone - feedback would be nice):

EDIT: I just tested some - it works for me, but VLC's plugin will NOT WORK. If using QuickTime alternative, in the Configuration (found in the start menu) you need to configure the MIME Settings... under the Browser tab to playback MPEG-4 Media (which is in the MPEG category). The official QuickTime, at least in v7.5.5, plays MP4 videos by default.

EDIT 2: seems the direct video times out or something...It doesn't work anymore. I'll have to see if I can get a constantly working version.

Alternatively, here's the HQ version right on YouTube for better compatibility (Flash Player 9 update 3 required):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G3zUHZzIrhM&fmt=18

Now in the video itself, I must comment on 2 things. (video spoilers? :P)
1) OK - Gotta love that "line" from DK64, heck I still quote it to this day!
2) Lancer is a beer-loving Irishman XD Nearly everything he said made me lawl
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on October 9th, 2008, 4:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » October 2nd, 2008, 4:18 pm

Lancer made me lmao with his accent.
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » October 2nd, 2008, 10:11 pm

I wanna hear Shiro see lancer start saying his NP's name, and say "That Scottish man's gay too!??!" (of course he's irish tho)

or when saber talks to shiro, have him say "I am the bone of my sword!!!" randomly, with her asking why he says it
with him responding with "What do you mean? i didn't say that"

MOAR archer UBW references!!!

very good ep, looking forward to 3 ;)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » October 2nd, 2008, 10:31 pm

The best thing about that episode was Kitsurugu's comment.

"Women stay in the kitchen..." :D

how many women I know would kill the guy who ever said that.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Katakara » October 3rd, 2008, 1:01 am

lol, nice episode XD
"i will return... just like elvis."
"...right..."

i love how you guys pronounce "shirou" by the way.... and i'm actually pretty impressed with how saber's voice turned out... she's a tough role to fill, but the accent is pure LOL.

I was kinda expecting something about archer having very little screen time, then rin saying something like "Relax, it's not like you're gonna get killed anytime soon by like... berserker or something...(while i do questionable things to saber... the CG dragon O_O)"
...ok sorry, i just had to mention the CG dragon... ^^U
or wait... WERE you going to do something like that? O_OU
"I sat down and looked up at the stars... and I thought...'Where the hell is my roof?!!'"
Katakara

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 3rd, 2008, 5:25 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm glad you all seem to like it.

I may use some of your suggestions for future episode, I'll discuss it with my staff. :P
Check my website for Fate/stay abridged!
Shade Vortex

Unread postby TheBeard » October 9th, 2008, 3:05 am

It appears that episode 2 has been pulled from youtube. Any way that you can upload it somewhere else?
TheBeard
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 3:17 am

hey wait a minute, isn't this classified as parody? Isn't that protected by the constitution (OH RIGHT that piece of paper that the current government doesn't know about anyway)

I mean, it's not like it's actually the original anime - it only has a fraction of the episode footage and for one none of the original audio is there. All the voices are "home-made" and the music and effects are even from the game, not the anime! You don't go around seeing machinima being taken down, do you?

This is basically the equivalent of taking down screenshots, which I don't think I've seen happen because doing that is a REALLY BIG dick move.

It's things like this that end up pissing off fans...

I'm being over-dramatic, aren't I? -_-;
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby s4itox » October 9th, 2008, 4:09 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:hey wait a minute, isn't this classified as parody? Isn't that protected by the constitution (OH RIGHT that piece of paper that the current government doesn't know about anyway)

I mean, it's not like it's actually the original anime - it only has a fraction of the episode footage and for one none of the original audio is there. All the voices are "home-made" and the music and effects are even from the game, not the anime! You don't go around seeing machinima being taken down, do you?

This is basically the equivalent of taking down screenshots, which I don't think I've seen happen because doing that is a REALLY BIG dick move.

It's things like this that end up pissing off fans...

I'm being over-dramatic, aren't I? -_-;

Not at all. I really wanted to see EP 2 too, and having it pulled down fron youtube is a real bitchy move. You're perfectly justified in what you say.
吾は面影糸を巣と張る蜘蛛。――ようこそこのすばらしき惨殺空間へ。
I am the spider that spins this web. ――Welcome, to the site of this magnificent slaughter.
s4itox

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 4:14 am

yeah, but I DID actually see the video... Heck if I managed to do my fix for the HQ MP4 video embed, then that would've still worked since I would've had the video on a different site to keep the URL constant.

EDIT: DANG IT! I emptied my recycle bin on my PC 1 day after I had downloaded the HQ MP4 version! (the oldest file in my recycle bin was created Oct. 2nd) AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH- *batteries die* (I am SO saving them on my HDD now- and yes I tried to recover the file but it was already overwritten. DARN YOU BITTORRENT)

EDIT 2: Oh go figure, the first episode is still up ⌐_⌐ *downloads as an MP4*

EDIT 3: Hey, guy below me - read what I typed above this line :P
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on October 9th, 2008, 5:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 9th, 2008, 4:22 am

I never got to see one episode. There is a part of me that wants to unleash hell for this. Am I the only one who feels this way?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 4:58 am

http://tm.starlit-sanctum.org/

Go there for the re-uploaded episodes! We've moved to a video host called Dailymotion.

Please, bookmark our official website if you are a fan! I will keep people updated here still, but there will be more news there than here!
Last edited by Shade Vortex on October 9th, 2008, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 5:00 am

but but... dailymotion doesn't have HQ MP4 downloads D:
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 5:01 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:but but... dailymotion doesn't have HQ MP4 downloads D:

Oh well. Youtube sucks and revver does too. Live with it!

At least the episodes are back up.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 5:03 am

*sigh* I liked the stereo sound too :/

...oh now that's lame. DM uses 320x240 as well? (just at a higher bit rate) CRAP! I liked my higher-res too - that was the main reason for the HQ MP4s >_< (they were 480x320 in youtube mp4, now they're 320x214 in DailyMotion FLV)

EDIT: oh geez I should lurk moar... D.M. DOES use stereo *shoots self*. Well, at least I'm right on the higher-res :P
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on October 9th, 2008, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 9th, 2008, 5:09 am

Aren't there other sites you can use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... o_services
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat