Fate/stay night fandub (abridged series)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 5:17 am

Which of those hosts would you guys suggest? I just wanna go for what's best for the fans. :P
Check my website for Fate/stay abridged!
Shade Vortex
Might just like this board

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 5:36 am

now, if I'm remembering right, I heard that Vimeo is a common place for Machinima, but 1. is this considered machinima? and 2. am I remembering correctly? and 3. do they allow THIS kind on there (you know, we didn't exactly make the anime and we're using its video...)

EDIT: well, it looks like they allowed a "Heroes: Abridged" as seen here: http://www.vimeo.com/991366
If they allowed THAT, I can't see why this wouldn't be. And I must say, vimeo's video quality is gorgeous :O

EDIT 2: Heck, I found the one and only Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series on vimeo! http://www.vimeo.com/1823760

EDIT 3: hmmm... it seems the resolution might still 320x240, though the quality is MUCH better.

EDIT 4: never mind, it seems the resolution varies (probably based on the original source) - that Heroes one is at 504x380 (this seems to be the max when not in "HD mode")
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on October 9th, 2008, 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 5:57 am

You know, YGOA is on DM too. :P Maybe I could have it on both DM and Vimeo, too. That way, I please more people.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 6:00 am

I'm all for "SPREAD THE WORD!" (ok it's not really a "word" but a video series but I didn't make the phrase :P)

Also, one thing that I have against DM is that they use an older video codec (and thus lower quality); it's the same one as youtube, but youtube still has the "secret h.264" thing going on, which is about the same quality as the codec vimeo uses (VP6)

EDIT: Heck, if your REALLY want, Vimeo has that whole HD thing going on. (this is assuming your videos are at their original 720x480, which isn't HD but higher than the standard vimeo will allow) Sure a lot of us won't have the necessary bandwidth to stream on the fly, but... hey, maybe Vimeo could be the high-quality version while DM be the low-quality?
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 6:21 am

Well, it's on Vimeo too now! Enjoy!

I'll probably be hosting it at revver if I can actually sort the problems out with "having permission" to upload it.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 6:29 am

:D I think I had a nerdgasm from the video quality. (ok it's not THAT uber but it's better than the DM version by FAR)

http://www.vimeo.com/1919218 is the link to the first episode. Not the 720x480 that I hoped for (it got downsized to 504x336), but it's still higher res than youtube's mp4!

EDIT: interestingly enough, it looks like the vimeo VP6 is actually a little bit WORSE quality than the youtube h.264, but since the VP6 is a bit higher res as well, it balances out IMO. (though I'll still keep the youtube h.264 mp4 of ep.1 along with the new non-HD VP6 FLV). Well, it explains why the MP4 is larger in filesize :P
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on October 9th, 2008, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 6:36 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote::D I think I had a nerdgasm from the video quality. (ok it's not THAT uber but it's better than the DM version by FAR)

http://www.vimeo.com/1919218 is the link to the first episode. Not the 720x480 that I hoped for (it got downsized to 504x336), but it's still higher res than youtube's mp4!

Did you have to link to the video? I mean, my site links to my vimeo profile which lists both episodes. :P I'm sure people here aren't too lazy to click links on sites linked to on a forum. xD
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 9th, 2008, 6:39 am

link? You mean an embed like I attempted to do with the MP4s and failed miserably? Sure, I'll look into it, though it's 2:40 AM here so you MIGHT have to wait until tomorrow, but if I'm not too tired I'll try to do it tonight.

And where's my vimeo HD F/SN abridged :P

EDIT: Looking at http://www.vimeo.com/765108 I can confirm that uploading in HD does NOT up-convert to 1280x720, it just keeps the original resolution (in this case 480p) and doesn't down-size it (unless it's larger than 720p), so there's absolutely no reason to not use the HD function of Vimeo :P

EDIT 2: OH WAIT, are you looking to embed on your website? That function is there! Go to a video, but before clicking play, take notice of the "Embed" button near the top-right of the video-screen-window chupa-thingy.

EDIT 3: EPISODE 2 IS UP: http://www.vimeo.com/1919227
...and still no HD D: Maybe I didn't understand correctly how Vimeo does it... *goes to lurk moar*

EDIT 4: OHHHHHHHH! Apparently it's automatically done, but it's available a little bit later than the standard version; I GET IT NOW! daaaaa Naaaaaa NAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! (zelda joke)

EDIT 5: Since I've now determined that the HD function is automatic, I must revise what I said with the smash bros. video. Even though it's not in HD, it still has an HD button to give the original 848x480 resolution. This leads me to beleive that the HD function is activated whenever the video is higher-res than the standard vimeo resolution (somewhere around 504x380)

EDIT 6: Awwwww this sucks. I just lurked even MOAR and found out that supposedly videos below HD resolutions are no longer getting the "HD treatment" on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/forums/topic:5066). Sucks, but at least the default quality is good.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby TheBeard » October 9th, 2008, 10:43 am

Ok, I watched episode 2 now. LOL! Looks like someone's a fan of 8-bit theater! Sword-chucks, yo!
TheBeard
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 9th, 2008, 2:15 pm

TheBeard wrote:Ok, I watched episode 2 now. LOL! Looks like someone's a fan of 8-bit theater! Sword-chucks, yo!

Where do you think Shirou got his sword fetish from in the first place? :P
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Rikh » October 9th, 2008, 8:21 pm

Shade Vortex wrote:
TheBeard wrote:Ok, I watched episode 2 now. LOL! Looks like someone's a fan of 8-bit theater! Sword-chucks, yo!

Where do you think Shirou got his sword fetish from in the first place? :P

From archer
Which causes a paradox
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henza » October 11th, 2008, 11:36 am

Good Stuff....

Who wrote the script?
Henza
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Shade Vortex » October 12th, 2008, 11:06 am

Henza wrote:Good Stuff....

Who wrote the script?

Ep 1 was written by my friend draku with some help from me, and all the rest of the episodes are written by my friend nathan/adventfalls and myself. It's a joint effort! I came up with the character personalities for the most part, like Kirei is essentially Fighter from 8-bit theatre.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby gexer64 » October 15th, 2008, 2:08 am

I actually helped?

I feel somewhat special now.
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shade Vortex » November 4th, 2008, 4:32 am

Wait, how'd you help again?

Also, episode 3 is finally here! The latest post on our website, http://tm.starlit-sanctum.org/ Type-Mercury has the link! Both the dailymotion and vimeo versions are up!
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » November 4th, 2008, 6:40 am

BWAHAHA The Majora's Mask referece is AWESOME XD I haven't even watched the rest of the video - I just HAD to comment on it. (even more so that I always make that same joke whenever I say something that's like 1st, 2nd, or 3rd day)
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shade Vortex » November 5th, 2008, 3:35 am

Glad you liked it. I guess you were the only one who did? Oh well. I'm still continuing this series regardless of how few fans we have.

Also, episode 4 has begun progress!

I'm reading through heavens' feel, expect hf references in future episodes.
Shade Vortex

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 27th, 2008, 5:50 am

Well after seeing 3 on the tube site as of late, I have so say it's pretty good work. I can't wait to see another episode. I'll be looking forward to it none the less.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat