Heaven's Feel Progress

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Tash
Addict

Unread post by Tash » October 7th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Since voices are just an extra that wasn't included in the original game, and only about 20% of the people use, wouldn't it make more sense to release the no-voice patch now, and release the voiced patch later as an optional update?

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » October 7th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Tash wrote:Since voices are just an extra that wasn't included in the original game, and only about 20% of the people use, wouldn't it make more sense to release the no-voice patch now, and release the voiced patch later as an optional update?
Where are you pulling that statistic from? @_@

Regardless, they want this patch to be 'fully' version 3. OFC, even if they were to release a patch w/o voices, it wouldn't be now - there's still other stuff to deal with. :)

shirou210
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by shirou210 » October 7th, 2008, 2:10 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:
shirou210 wrote:
uh, i'm just excited about it..
hehe...
typing "operation cwal" won't help you ^^
w00t..
starcraft again..
haha...

(and hey, you're from the PH)
AlinSabel wrote:
Kangshou wrote:First post :D

anyway straight to the point, whats currently the status of the translation in regard to its release?
...if you'd actually read the project page, you'd see that translation, editing and insertion are complete, with only voice insertion being the major hurdle left.
oh, so that's holding it back..
any estimates of it from being finished?.. :?:

Unread post by Message » October 7th, 2008, 2:17 pm

shirou210 wrote:oh, so that's holding it back..
See rule number 4, and wait until some staff member feels crazy.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 7th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Message wrote:
shirou210 wrote:oh, so that's holding it back..
See rule number 4, and wait until some staff member feels crazy.
Well there's that or have this thread being locked down due to questions of that calibur, and massive off-topicness.

Mirfo x.x
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Mirfo x.x » October 7th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Translation was finished in June. I've read round it would be from two to three months, well... it's almost 4 -_-u honestly there's not as much hype.

DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread post by DarkRedSky » October 8th, 2008, 12:19 am

It's true translating was finished in June, but editing just finished a couple weeks ago. Just leave them alone and let them beta test the files, I for one don't want no crashing while I'm playing HF.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » October 8th, 2008, 12:35 am

This may earn me some discontent from the guys of MM but... Is there a way for you to let us know the percentage which the voice inserting process is at?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » October 8th, 2008, 2:04 am

/me waits patiently for someone to spit out a random % to placate the masses :lol:

TheBeard
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by TheBeard » October 8th, 2008, 2:44 am

Maes wrote:/me waits patiently for someone to spit out a random % to placate the masses :lol:
You want a random %? ok, one second. Let me check my random number generator...

70.71%

There you go, masses!

To tell the truth, I'm checking the site and this thread about every 2 hours or so, hoping for an update :lol:

abscess

Unread post by abscess » October 8th, 2008, 4:29 am

TheBeard wrote:70.71%

There you go, masses!
:shock: OMG! I'm eagerly waitin' for this patch to come out any minute now, since this number is, of course, completely and undoubtedly made of sheer truth and win!! LOL
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread post by gexer64 » October 8th, 2008, 4:31 am

TheBeard wrote:
Maes wrote:/me waits patiently for someone to spit out a random % to placate the masses :lol:
You want a random %? ok, one second. Let me check my random number generator...

70.71%

There you go, masses!

To tell the truth, I'm checking the site and this thread about every 2 hours or so, hoping for an update :lol:
It is a well known fact that 75% of statistics are utter crap.
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.

Kjoery
Addict

Unread post by Kjoery » October 8th, 2008, 4:46 am

Tash wrote:Release the patch for people who don't plan on using voices. Release the voice-extra once it's done; those willing to wait to use it can wait.
I feel that this line of thinking makes a lot of sense.

As an example of this release model in action, the mini-patches of Wanko have been recieved very well so far. No problems have arisen. And an extra is hardly comparable a chunk of translated game.

Is there any reasonable reason why a non-voice HF patch shouldn't be released right now, if it is complete?

Mathemagician
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Mathemagician » October 8th, 2008, 5:12 am

Speaking not as a person involved with the group, but as a guy that does a good deal of programming, we shouldn't forget that the current installer includes the voice option. Sometimes taking something out can be just as difficult as putting it in, depending on to what extent it's integrated into the program. Even if it wouldn't be difficult to remove for a non-voice patch, the fact is that it won't take long (in man-hours, not in actual time) to get the voices working, and doing the same (or a similar) program repeatedly in quick succession is irritating.

That said, there are two possibilities right now: either everyone's working as hard as they can to get the voices set up and the installer out, or they aren't. In the first case, clearly nobody really has time to fashion and release a non-voiced patch because that would take time away from the current progress. In the second case, why would anyone honestly put forth the effort to give you an installer when they apparently aren't particularly worried about getting the patch released anyway.

Of course, I'm sure it's case 1, but I wanted to make sure my explanation covered all bases.

randomanon?
Might just like this board

Unread post by randomanon? » October 8th, 2008, 5:54 am

do i smell anon wars?

Kangshou
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Kangshou » October 8th, 2008, 6:41 am

Since voices are just an extra that wasn't included in the original game, and only about 20% of the people use, wouldn't it make more sense to release the no-voice patch now, and release the voiced patch later as an optional update?
I agree that it would make more sense to release the non-voice patch :0 after all, i wouldnt prefer to listen to one guy moan to two dialogues in the H-scenes :0

goforit1
Addict

Unread post by goforit1 » October 8th, 2008, 6:46 am

Tash wrote:Since voices are just an extra that wasn't included in the original game, and only about 20% of the people use, wouldn't it make more sense to release the no-voice patch now, and release the voiced patch later as an optional update?
no. Because it sucks without voices. And mirror moon doesn't do "halfway." :P They just take the time they need for fullway.

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » October 8th, 2008, 7:46 am

We knew beforehand that it was going to take AT LEAST this long.

Beta testing wasn't supposed to end until a few weeks after editting was complete, remember?

I'd still like to see the patch out by the end of the month, though. No Thanksgiving/Christmas release. :?

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » October 8th, 2008, 7:47 am

shadow_Hiei wrote:We knew beforehand that it was going to take AT LEAST this long.

Beta testing wasn't supposed to end until a few weeks after editting was complete, remember?

I'd still like to see the patch out by the end of the month, though. No Thanksgiving/Christmas release. :?
Heh. You can always check out Chaos;Head. There's always plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime, like follow Gundam 00 S2, etc.

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » October 8th, 2008, 9:11 am

AlinSabel wrote:
shadow_Hiei wrote:We knew beforehand that it was going to take AT LEAST this long.

Heh. You can always check out Chaos;Head. There's always plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime, like follow Gundam 00 S2, etc.
Chaos;head hasn't been fully translated, much less edited. It apparently has game-crashing bugs, as well. Why do you think I've been waiting for the HF patch to even start F/SN, or why I haven't even touched Clannad? I'd rather not have to wait a several months to a year between parts of the story (that wait would be even worse and could be kind of a mood breaker), and I'd rather read the cleaned up version.

Not a huge Gundam fan, either.

I probably won't watch any anime for a few more weeks. I prefer to watch it in batches.

I do have other things to do, though. I still have to finish ToV, and I have several games on my backlog.