Heaven's Feel Progress

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread post by DarkRedSky » September 8th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:Well I kind of figured it would take a while for them to get to the final day and the Epilogues. I mean the day they edited was the longest day in the HF route. Although I'm not sure if it's the longest day in the entire game though.

Never the less I'm sure by the middle of this month they'll start working on the HF Installer. Although, that is my gut talking though. Sometimes it's right, and sometimes it's wrong, but I'm going to go with my gut on this one today. So they may start working on the HF Installer sometime near the middle to the end of this month.
the installer will be the same one used for UBW, just with the new patch data.

.....right?
That's what everyone has been saying.

I have a question, when all three patches are released, is MM going to compile a complete patch or just leave it as is.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » September 8th, 2008, 9:29 pm

FSNv2.0 could be used to install Fate and UBW, or just patch a v1.0 install (possibly including fixes) [ofc, they probably just overwrote everything to do with the translation].
My guess: FSNv3.0 will be the 'complete' patch you are talking about.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 8th, 2008, 10:05 pm

Well I'm guessing once the Fate 3.0 Installer is done, they may go back and do a 3.1 if need be of course. That's if there needs to be some corrections and bugs to fix after it's all said and done of course. Also, I think they are going to use the same Istaller as UBW since it has to be kind of Vista compatable as well it seems.

Unread post by Message » September 9th, 2008, 7:04 am

Catastrophe wrote:the installer will be the same one used for UBW, just with the new patch data. .....right?
Of course. In fact, the v3 framework has undergone several additions and fixes since I created it for UBW/Utamono, so it'll be even better than it was back then. It will be very easy to upgrade the UBW installer to the current standard, mostly just a matter of diffing.
The F/sn installer is however a very complex script, so it'll take more than just a few minutes. Some functions will need to be recoded to match new game behaviour, also. All in all it's no more than 4 days work, so including unexpected problems it shouldn't take more than one or two weeks.
AlinSabel wrote:FSNv2.0 could be used to install Fate and UBW, or just patch a v1.0 install (possibly including fixes) [ofc, they probably just overwrote everything to do with the translation].
Indeed. v3.0 will be the full translation of all three game routes, and will have the same applicability as v2.0: Install, reinstall/fix, upgrade/downgrade, patch CD and patch DVD modes. The voice patching mode will be extended to allow more RN source discs, but this I haven't investigated in detail yet.

goforit1
Addict

Unread post by goforit1 » September 9th, 2008, 8:31 am

abscess wrote:Wow... 82%! The editors are working incredibly fast! With luck I'll finish UBW after they finish HF!... well, supposing the little voice inside my head finally convinces me of reading FSN more frequently now that HF is, apparently, in it's final stages!
lucky. I finished UBW about 24 hours after the patch was released, or maybe 36. That was months and months ago. :(
handey wrote: except that would kill the purpose of being a goal to work for.
and, probably, make fans go berserk as soon as they realized. ;)
That was why he included that Excalibur'ed emote. It's actually what happens IRL the moment someone suggests something crazy like that. Remember the cave in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? (The Castle of Augggggh....)

Yea, it's like that. But instead of a cartoon monster, it's a horde of rabid fans chasing you.

--------

BTW, coming up on almost a year since I stopped lurking. I believe I finally made an account about when UBW was supposed to be finished the first time. :P Couldn't resist not complaining about that darn installer. :D

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » September 9th, 2008, 9:09 am

Message wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:the installer will be the same one used for UBW, just with the new patch data. .....right?
Of course. In fact, the v3 framework has undergone several additions and fixes since I created it for UBW/Utamono, so it'll be even better than it was back then. It will be very easy to upgrade the UBW installer to the current standard, mostly just a matter of diffing.
The F/sn installer is however a very complex script, so it'll take more than just a few minutes. Some functions will need to be recoded to match new game behaviour, also. All in all it's no more than 4 days work, so including unexpected problems it shouldn't take more than one or two weeks.
AlinSabel wrote:FSNv2.0 could be used to install Fate and UBW, or just patch a v1.0 install (possibly including fixes) [ofc, they probably just overwrote everything to do with the translation].
Indeed. v3.0 will be the full translation of all three game routes, and will have the same applicability as v2.0: Install, reinstall/fix, upgrade/downgrade, patch CD and patch DVD modes. The voice patching mode will be extended to allow more RN source discs, but this I haven't investigated in detail yet.
Oh God. Revisions. That doesn't sound good.

Message, what's most important about the installer itself is getting a functional one that will allow people to enjoy the game as quickly as possible. I think that just about everybody will agree with me. Please get a functional patch that will just work to make HF run correctly out the door within a day or two of the beta testing being done and save the additional fancy shit that's going to take 2 months for a 2.0 patch to be released within the following months or something.

Or maybe MM can release the fully editted script and leave it to others to make an unofficial installer while we wait for yours.

Seriously, anon built a functional patch for UBW that most people on /jp/ were happy with within like a day.

rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread post by rubberchicken » September 9th, 2008, 1:07 pm

What's most important is that the team members release their project when they feel it's ready. Sorry, but impatient people will just have to live with that.

Tash
Addict

Unread post by Tash » September 9th, 2008, 2:12 pm

So, there's some sort of manual install that the beta testers are using?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » September 9th, 2008, 2:41 pm

shadow_Hiei wrote:
Message wrote:
Oh God. Revisions. That doesn't sound good.

Message, what's most important about the installer itself is getting a functional one that will allow people to enjoy the game as quickly as possible. I think that just about everybody will agree with me. Please get a functional patch that will just work to make HF run correctly out the door within a day or two of the beta testing being done and save the additional fancy shit that's going to take 2 months for a 2.0 patch to be released within the following months or something.

Or maybe MM can release the fully editted script and leave it to others to make an unofficial installer while we wait for yours.

Seriously, anon built a functional patch for UBW that most people on /jp/ were happy with within like a day.
Wahahahahahahaha. You mean that POS old as hell beta? That thing had so many bugs that I'm surprised people actually enjoyed it. Hmm, I still hold a grudge towards the leaker (yes, I know who it was and have known a day after the leak, but due to particular circumstances, I'm not allowed to say). As for the installer, I'm not going to boast or make any promises as to what it can and can't do, but I will say that it's practically complete. My advice is not to worry about the installer. Beta testing is going smoothly and voice insertion has started. btw, that "anon" who "built" a "functional" patch is a joke. But it didn't bother me that the patch leaked, I resented the fact that I was betrayed by a beta tester. To be back-stabbed by a person you trust is... well... let's just say he wouldn't want to run into me on the street. I laughed my ass off when the leak crashed on day 7-8 (yeah, I know that some people made a workaround, but I enjoyed watching "that guy" sweat). That itself proved to me that it was a verrrrrry ancient beta. If anyone played the leak and hasn't played the real patch, I'd recommend playing it because the leak is a joke. The script in it has crap all editing and even TakaJun was ashamed of it. All because of that bastard, the guy that TakaJun approved of and trusted...... That vermin...... I read his posts...... I had to pull all sorts of strings because of that guy...... I tested the installer continuously for a week before the leak too. All that work...... I might upload the spreadsheet later just for the heck of it (maybe, I'm pretty tired so I'm a little cranky). Well, if it gets leaked again, I'll know who did it now... hehehehehehehehehe... Anyway, everything is going smoothing and I foresee no complications in the future. All the Vista crap has been sorted out, so the main hurdle is gone. I think there are still some things that need to be looked at, but we'll check them out when we reach them. Currently we're in beta for the non-voiced script, and the beta for the voiced script is going to start soon (yeah, I can already hear some of you say "I don't care about the voice patch, just give me the non-voiced one". Well, I really want to say "TOUGH!!!", but I'm not a mean person by nature, so I'll just say it depends on how fast our testers are (yeah, yeah, I can hear the complaining about that one too, well, now is when I say "TOUGH!!!")). TakaJun wants to release it when the beta testing and editing is finished too, so we're still about a month away (no!!!, this is not some f**king promised date, okay!!!? This is just an extremely rough estimate!! (yeah, yeah, I can hear the complaints about this one too like "Oh, here we go. It won't be released in that time", then the rage happens on 4chan, etc, etc. That's why I said it's not a promised date and only an estimate. Well, we're not doing this for 4chan, we're doing this because we enjoy the games that we translate and want others who have the same interests to enjoy them too.) You know, I can see this post appearing on 4chan and all the people going "Oooh, look at the juicy e-drama~", well, enjoy. This is the post of a madman after all... I might even be completely wrong with all my assumptions on what people will think in regards to this post, but these are my current thoughts put into writing. Heh, well that's enough ranting for now. These forums really are a pleasant place to visit most of the time. Well, I'm bored now. Please feel free to ask me any questions (I'm probably going to regret this post tomorrow...).

P.S. ... Oh, I think I remember you. You were one of the 4channers that came to #mirrormoon when the leak e-drama started. Naughty naughty~
Last edited by ArchDemon on September 9th, 2008, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » September 9th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Tash wrote:So, there's some sort of manual install that the beta testers are using?
Yeah. I personally compile and handout each beta patch to each tester and they just copy it to their installation folder.

TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread post by TheXev » September 9th, 2008, 2:54 pm

I'd like to remind everyone that if it were up to me, we would have simply stopped all work on all Type-Moon projects after that incident. I would consider yourselves lucky that you might actually live to see FSN finished and released by this group.

Unread post by Message » September 9th, 2008, 2:57 pm

And I would like to add that 4chan doesn't even constitute 0.1% of our "readership". I love how those guys keep making utter fools of themselves by thinking they're all so important to us. :D

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 9th, 2008, 3:06 pm

*sigh* Why do I get this bad feeling something bad will happen.

In any case if the HF Installer will only take at least 2 weeks if things go well then I'd say that's a good thing. So here's hoping that there isn't any problems after the Editing Phase is done now.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » September 9th, 2008, 3:09 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:*sigh* Why do I get this bad feeling something bad will happen.

In any case if the HF Installer will only take at least 2 weeks if things go well then I'd say that's a good thing. So here's hoping that there isn't any problems after the Editing Phase is done now.
Heh, don't worry about it too much. Everything will proceed as planned regardless of anything that happens in the future.

Tash
Addict

Unread post by Tash » September 9th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Message wrote:And I would like to add that 4chan doesn't even constitute 0.1% of our "readership". I love how those guys keep making utter fools of themselves by thinking they're all so important to us. :D
Are you sure? From what I've seen, the majority of the American type-moon fanbase hangs out there.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » September 9th, 2008, 4:00 pm

TheXev wrote:I'd like to remind everyone that if it were up to me, we would have simply stopped all work on all Type-Moon projects after that incident. I would consider yourselves lucky that you might actually live to see FSN finished and released by this group.
Lucky? Rather... thankful, perhaps. ;)
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » September 9th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Tash wrote:
Message wrote:And I would like to add that 4chan doesn't even constitute 0.1% of our "readership". I love how those guys keep making utter fools of themselves by thinking they're all so important to us. :D
Are you sure? From what I've seen, the majority of the American type-moon fanbase hangs out there.
I could be wrong here, but I thought that most of the fan base were at Beast's Lair and Melty Bread:

Beast's Lair: http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cgi/
Melty Bread: http://www.meltybread.com/

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » September 9th, 2008, 4:02 pm

That's the largest I know of also.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » September 9th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Well, here's that spreadsheet I was talking about earlier: http://mbac.mirrormoon.org/backup/Fsn_U ... _Tests.htm
If it doesn't work properly in FF, try IE (lol, it was converted from Office 2007 after all).

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 9th, 2008, 4:18 pm

That is a high possiblity there. In any case I'm not even from either of those two, and I'm not even from any of the *chan boards as well. Although, I can say I was a part of a Type-Moon thread from an anime baised form so that's how I managed to find my way here.

Although, I was bored and decided to hang out here for the time being. Never the less it was worth it in the end of course.

I just hope we don't have another anon raid like the last time. I mean I've heard of it, and that was all.