Heaven's Feel Progress

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread post by teiglin » July 16th, 2008, 7:17 am

TakaJun's translation updates were more exciting too. He'd include stuff like what eroge he was playing or that he was going on vacation or whatever. Editing they just update numbers, not as much to talk about. :P

handey
Addict

Unread post by handey » July 16th, 2008, 6:44 pm

goforit1 wrote:A better generalization might be that the original version is always the best one. Razz (Since the majority of all anime are preceded by a manga, the original statement still fits.)
actually, hellsing anime was better than the manga imho, despite manga being there first.
i haven't read/watched it for quite some time, so it may be that my memory's failing, but.. yeah.
also, the translation is lightspeed compared to most groups, so let's not complain and just wait patiently.

Zensunni
Addict

Unread post by Zensunni » July 16th, 2008, 10:19 pm

handey wrote:actually, hellsing anime was better than the manga imho, despite manga being there first.
That's definately not the mainstream opinion of the hellsing anime. :p Unless you mean the new Ultimate series of course, that's kickass. Main beef with the hellsing anime was that it differed from the manga plot in a bad way.

Ferozban
Addict

Unread post by Ferozban » July 16th, 2008, 10:25 pm

the hellsing OVA > hellsing manga > the shitty and poor hellsing anime.

the anime was the worst crap. the ova on the opposite was quite good

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » July 17th, 2008, 1:17 am

Ferozban wrote:the hellsing OVA > hellsing manga > the shitty and poor hellsing anime.

the anime was the worst crap. the ova on the opposite was quite good
Indeed. Sucks that the OVAs are released so slowly... i even doubt if they'll finish them. They kick ass anyway.

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » July 24th, 2008, 5:23 am

...Did the editor die?

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » July 24th, 2008, 7:44 am

People are slow at reading the closed beta, Peorth was at day 6 or smthing. =p
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » July 24th, 2008, 8:17 am

I've pretty much lost all hope of playing HF (actually FSN as a whole) before my vacational period ends.
Harsh reality is harsh.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » July 24th, 2008, 8:39 am

Lol the thing you have to realise is that HF is LONG. And I mean LOOOONG. Just cos Takajun is a monster who probably spent most of his waking moments translating it (imouto incentives to be thanked there) doesnt mean we can expect the same from everyone else. They are actually doing an excellent job and are going about it pretty quickly. Its just that Taka put up a (very) high standard :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO

Mirfo x.x
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Mirfo x.x » July 24th, 2008, 11:22 am

It must be like, 1000000 times more tiring to translate than to just read and report typos, therefore I guess there beta testers are not very enthusiastic about it <_<

Tash
Addict

Unread post by Tash » July 24th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Mirfo x.x wrote:It must be like, 1000000 times more tiring to translate than to just read and report typos, therefore I guess there beta testers are not very enthusiastic about it <_<
I'm going to assume that the percents are further along than they are, but they're just too busy to update the status page.

Just out of curiosity, is tjm still working on the editing, or is Takajun doing it all himself? (poor guy)

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » July 24th, 2008, 4:19 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Lol the thing you have to realise is that HF is LONG. And I mean LOOOONG. Just cos Takajun is a monster who probably spent most of his waking moments translating it (imouto incentives to be thanked there) doesnt mean we can expect the same from everyone else. They are actually doing an excellent job and are going about it pretty quickly. Its just that Taka put up a (very) high standard :P
and don't forget that the other staffers put up a "no typo" rule for him, so we've got either a demon, or a demigod translator here. :lol:

@ tash : I'm going to assume he worked all by himself. he didn't mention anyone helping him, did he?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Neko Arc
Might just like this board

Unread post by Neko Arc » July 24th, 2008, 6:39 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Lol the thing you have to realise is that HF is LONG. And I mean LOOOONG. Just cos Takajun is a monster who probably spent most of his waking moments translating it (imouto incentives to be thanked there) doesnt mean we can expect the same from everyone else. They are actually doing an excellent job and are going about it pretty quickly. Its just that Taka put up a (very) high standard :P
Text size, HF is not much longer than Fate, and Fate is longer than UBW.

rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread post by rubberchicken » July 24th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Mirfo x.x wrote:It must be like, 1000000 times more tiring to translate than to just read and report typos, therefore I guess there beta testers are not very enthusiastic about it <_<
It's not just reading and reporting typos.

It's reading and reporting typos from Nasu H-scenes.

Yeah, you'd better pity the poor, poor beta testers now.

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » July 24th, 2008, 8:05 pm

rubberchicken wrote:
It's not just reading and reporting typos.

It's reading and reporting typos from Nasu H-scenes.

Yeah, you'd better pity the poor, poor beta testers now.
Pity them? Hmm, I almost envy them... :roll:. Well, maybe not, but I wouldnt find it that horrible to read them over and over... Aslong as no one is around that is :D!

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » July 24th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Uberoy wrote:
rubberchicken wrote:
Mirfo x.x wrote:It must be like, 1000000 times more tiring to translate than to just read and report typos, therefore I guess there beta testers are not very enthusiastic about it _<
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread post by rubberchicken » July 25th, 2008, 1:32 am

mmm calamari

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » July 25th, 2008, 6:09 am

Catastrophe wrote: hint: meat >_<
You are such a meaty mollusc!
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

Retsej
Addict

Unread post by Retsej » July 25th, 2008, 7:21 am

"Her girl like breasts"

That's Nasu, master of erotic fiction.
I wanted Prester John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of Samothrace and eat the lotus in a land that seemed always afternoon. I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known as a kid. I wanted the world to be what they had promised me it was going to be, instead of the tawdry, lousy fouled-up mess it is.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » July 25th, 2008, 9:33 am

That only makes me think of the joking comment said the other day... 'you just got tittyf***ed by a guy! D:'