Raise your hand if you care about the other games.

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Raise your hand if you care about the other games. Raise both if you care more about them than F/SN.

*doesn't raise hand*
57%
*raises hand*
43%

Total votes: 90

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » April 22nd, 2008, 10:43 am

Ryuusoul wrote:I've only played 5 visual novels, those being F/sn, Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Utawarerumono, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
1. Play Ever 17.
2. Shed manly tears.
3. Shit bricks.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » April 22nd, 2008, 11:22 am

I'm definitely the most interested in Heaven's Feel (after spoiling myself to its beginning in the first translated scenes while finishing my UBW scene collection), but I deffo also care about the other projects *raises hand*. Don't know at all how good they are but I presume they have something going for them since they're being worked on out of the gazillion games out there, anyway the more visual novels get translated the better. Can also wait for a good thing ^^.

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » April 23rd, 2008, 1:15 am

Its nice and all that they are working on few other titles and I will be playing them as soon as they are translated but they arent hf so doesnt raise hand :P

idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread post by idontknoW » April 23rd, 2008, 2:14 am

shadow_Hiei wrote:
Ryuusoul wrote:I've only played 5 visual novels, those being F/sn, Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Utawarerumono, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
1. Play Ever 17.
2. Shed manly tears.
3. Shit bricks.
4. ???
5. Profit!
Agreed. Ever17 is indeed a must when it comes to playing visual novels. Biggest reason would be #3 there.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.

TheOverlord
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by TheOverlord » April 23rd, 2008, 8:45 am

Shirosaki theres an Elfen Lied video game? Holy shit :shock: ! Thats my favourite f*****g manga ever. Where did you hear about it or get it from. Any links or information appreciated :D .

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » April 23rd, 2008, 5:55 pm

^I thought the same, but the very thought of it being real is so amazing that my brain blocked that in order to not explode of joy. He wrote Elifn... maybe it's another thing :lol: ?

TheOverlord
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by TheOverlord » April 23rd, 2008, 6:19 pm

Crap, I didn't notice the spelling. But damn how awesome would it be if there was :D ?

Seph_VII
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Seph_VII » April 27th, 2008, 1:10 am

1. Is there a translation of Ever 17?
2. Is there really an Elfen Lied game?
3. Answer.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Nath
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Nath » April 27th, 2008, 1:13 am

Ever17 was released officially in English, I believe,

Not sure about Elfin Lied.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » April 27th, 2008, 2:38 am

If someone can confirm anything of this "Elfin"/Elfen Lied game, you'll be getting a juicy reward of 100,000 internets from me. If it is announced by tomorrow you'll get 450 bread socks too!

Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Beowulf Lee » April 27th, 2008, 3:38 am

Oooooh lists. I like lists.

1. Xenogears
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. ???

Those are the only games I've played with characters and plots that are undeniably epic.

My main beef with Nasu's visual novel works is that it seems he either subconsciously can't or just doesn't want to walk away from the platform's high school romance roots. I find Nasuverse mythos to be extremely interesting, I don't find his typical high school manga/anime dramatic tropes to the appealing or even necessary at all. Example:
► Show Spoiler
WTF? The day that one of Nasu's works doesn't have his main character going to high school is the day that he gets that fourth spot. Hopefully. (C'mon Tsukihime 2 with Shiki running around Europe!)

Clannad (the visual novel) was a huge disappointment. The game was supposed to be largely about family (thus the title) but it turned out to be more about inane high school shenanigans and romances.
► Show Spoiler