Raise your hand if you care about the other games.

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Raise your hand if you care about the other games. Raise both if you care more about them than F/SN.

*doesn't raise hand*
57%
*raises hand*
43%

Total votes: 90

shadow_Hiei
Addict

Raise your hand if you care about the other games.

Unread post by shadow_Hiei » April 17th, 2008, 10:06 pm

Raise both of them if you care more about them than you do F/SN.

Seriously, I'll play them when they're released, but what I'm really waiting for is Heaven's Feel. Same with pretty much everyone on the internet that follows MirrorMoon's releases. That should take priority over the other projects.

I've been waiting for all three routes to finally get around to playing it so that I didn't have to wait 6 months to a year between routes, and everyone else seems to have been looking forward more to HF more than the other routes as well.

Edit: Bah, forgot to hit update. Just consider the "raise your hand option" to mean that you care more about the other games than F/SN.

r6
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by r6 » April 17th, 2008, 10:30 pm

After going through a few, I can say that FSN is at best average among the worthwhile VNs. Its art and engine are top notch but many other visual novels can top its story.

Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread post by Yazan Kiriel » April 17th, 2008, 10:42 pm

r6 wrote:After going through a few, I can say that FSN is at best average among the worthwhile VNs. Its art and engine are top notch but many other visual novels can top its story.
I agree, but all in all it is personal taste for people. I do like my Type-Moon works, but other visual novels are quite lovely not to ignore.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » April 17th, 2008, 11:56 pm

^Can you recommend some?
I know very few... and i've checked some but there's nothing that good out there for me, the best i've played being both Tsukihime and FSN (wich i'm a bit of a fanatic now). I'm talking about kickass story, not some pretty romance, since i get easily annoyed by it.

On-topic: Ummm, i don't even know the rest of the games. So, with my ignorance i'd favor FSN. I don't mind them getting a rest though.
Last edited by Atriel on April 18th, 2008, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

gunblade
Might just like this board

Unread post by gunblade » April 18th, 2008, 12:08 am

A lot of other visual Novels can top it's story? :/
I'd like to see em. Far as I know a lot of them is all just romance/slice of life stuff, bar a few of course but nothing that seems to be AS story driven as Fate.
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » April 18th, 2008, 12:20 am

I care for my FSN game quite alot... Especially now that the patch enabled voices..

As for my other games... Well maybe some games like Persona 3, Growlanser HoW, Suikoden V. These games after playing them have been a special part of me. Im a sucker that loves games with 'custom' heroes, that also makes you choose different choices during the game.

But since FSN is a game im still waiting to 'complete', due to the translations that have to be done. Yeah.. I guess i care about it more than the others. Its like... Im waiting for the mm guys to release patches asap. Thats why i think i care about it more than any other games ftm.

Uhh.. Am i making sense?? XDD

Yeah.. And i doubt much VN can top FSN story. Most VN have an ecchi mindset... At least imho.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Undream » April 18th, 2008, 12:48 am

r6 wrote:After going through a few, I can say that FSN is at best average among the worthwhile VNs. Its art and engine are top notch but many other visual novels can top its story.
I seriously doubt that..
but it all goes to taste...though of the little VN's i have played, Fate remains one of the best
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

fireb0rn
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by fireb0rn » April 18th, 2008, 12:51 am

I'm looking forward most to HF, but it's up to them to start working when they want to, so I'll just read other crap till then.

raislash

Unread post by raislash » April 18th, 2008, 1:09 am

hmmm....i care for another H-games as well(Yume Miru Kusuri is really good^^)....but not the one that mirrormoon translate right now.....so i won't raise my hand...but i don't really wait for HF really much(too much spoiled already T_T)....

so in conclusion, MM just do whatever you like and i'll dl your release when it's done./period

zoop

Unread post by zoop » April 18th, 2008, 2:06 am

They'll translate what they want to translate, when they want to translate - they aren't getting anything in return from this, and it's bloody stupid to think that they owe us anything. Instead of complaining that the projects you care about are currently getting attention, be thankful that anyone is translating f/sn at all - if Taka wants a break after translating the giant mess of text that is both Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, then I hope he takes as long as he wants and does all that he wants before he resumes. Would you prefer that he burn himself out on translating?

And no, I'm not trying to lick anyone's ass here - I'm much too lazy to go out and learn Japanese, so I have infinite appreciation for the people that allow me to explore what has become one of my favored genres.

miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread post by miszou » April 18th, 2008, 8:06 am

I favor Nasu's other work over FATE, the storyline is centered a bit too much around fighting and being a tragic hero. Besides Shiro is kind of annoyingly repeating himself over and over again. Which doesn't mean I think the story is bad in any way and that I don't like it ^^ I just think it's not the best out there, and I'm sure a lot of people thinking FATE is the best haven't played much other storylines (yet) :3
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread post by Yazan Kiriel » April 18th, 2008, 8:09 am

I got to read Clannad and Ever17 still. And I am waiting for that translation for Saya too, I wonder how loving a hideous people eating monster hidden in a form of a little devilish cute girl will be.

TheOverlord
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by TheOverlord » April 18th, 2008, 8:48 am

I've read through all of FSN and FHA and while i can say there very good games I don't think they compare to my holy trinity of games Suikoden 2, Vagrant Story and Grandia however thats just my opinion. No games have made me feel as involved and have moved me as much as these 3 and i would easily say i've invested 500+ hours in each of them.

Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread post by Yazan Kiriel » April 18th, 2008, 4:02 pm

TheOverlord wrote:I've read through all of FSN and FHA and while i can say there very good games I don't think they compare to my holy trinity of games Suikoden 2, Vagrant Story and Grandia however thats just my opinion. No games have made me feel as involved and have moved me as much as these 3 and i would easily say i've invested 500+ hours in each of them.
Your Holy Trinity is false, compared to the one and holy one.

Star Ocean: The Second Story...yes those 3 are good rpgs and all...but...I preach that Star Ocean 2 is by far more involved then any game should had been for it's age. Finally Square-Enix is releasing SO1 and SO2 remake on PSP :)

Not to trail off but if you have yet to pick up Persona 3, Persona 3:FES will be out next week which is basically a greatest hit version with huge extras for 30 bucks. Highly recommended, I must say the PS2 sure lacked memorable and good RPG titles and near the end of it's life it finally has one to remember and cherish.

Nephilm

Unread post by Nephilm » April 18th, 2008, 6:56 pm

FSN, UBW to be exact, is one of the only 3 stories that have ever made me cry, so it gets a lot of bonus points from me. The writing is nothing amazing, but the way the plot and characters come together is quite something.

kazuyakun
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by kazuyakun » April 19th, 2008, 1:21 am

Nephilm wrote:FSN, UBW to be exact, is one of the only 3 stories that have ever made me cry, so it gets a lot of bonus points from me. The writing is nothing amazing, but the way the plot and characters come together is quite something.
-ditto :D

YanDaMan
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by YanDaMan » April 19th, 2008, 2:44 am

As far as I understand it, Tsukihime and Fate were popular as hell. Japan have a LOT of visual novels, and not many stands out ever at all, except for Type Moon's game, which is proven by its popularity in Japan and the fact that people in other coutries are wanting to read them and they are even getting translated.

I can safely say that Fate is probably the #1 project everyone who visits mirrormoon wants. So I wont raise my hand. While im sure theres tons of good visual novels out there, I doubt they can top Fate in term of story.

However, Im also not going to hold it against MM for putting it on hold. Its their choice, they're doing this for us in the first place, so I dont really have a place to complain that they are taking other nameless games into priorty right now, even if Im not happy about it.

WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread post by WingZero » April 19th, 2008, 2:50 am

I can safely say that Fate is probably the #1 project everyone who visits mirrormoon wants.
Uhhhh. No you cannot. As of the time of this writing, there are 16 votes in the poll of this thread that proves you wrong.

Personally, I hope Arcturus gets taken off the idle shelf, but meh.

I'll be happy with whatever comes out, since it just means another game I can play (except Men at work! 2, I don't own that =/).

Philosophy:
Take what you can get, be glad for what you can save, and don't mourn your losses too long

r6
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by r6 » April 19th, 2008, 3:08 am

I'd say Ever17, Clannad, True Remembrance (Free, http://trueremembrance.insani.org/ and highly recommended), Narcissu (Again, free, http://narcissu.insani.org/ ), Utawarerumono and Planetarium all come to mind as visual novels at least worth your time. I have a feeling that the translation for Kannon and several others will also make that list when they are finished.

FSN Is pretty unique in the amount of action it has, but many of these are at least on par with it.

Nephilm

Unread post by Nephilm » April 19th, 2008, 3:28 am

r6 wrote:I'd say Ever17, Clannad, True Remembrance (Free, http://trueremembrance.insani.org/ and highly recommended), Narcissu (Again, free, http://narcissu.insani.org/ ), Utawarerumono and Planetarium all come to mind as visual novels at least worth your time. I have a feeling that the translation for Kannon and several others will also make that list when they are finished.

FSN Is pretty unique in the amount of action it has, but many of these are at least on par with it.
I bet you meant planetarian.

Planetarian was good, Ever17 was awesome (at parts) and Narcissu... I didn't like that one. I guess it was all about connecting with the characters, and since I couldn't do that, it failed for me. Gotta try Utawarerumono when I get the chance.