All the evil in the world. (Heaven's Feel SPOILERS)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

All the evil in the world. (Heaven's Feel SPOILERS)

Unread postby Nephilm » April 3rd, 2008, 11:51 pm

Translation of a part close to the end. Very heavy on spoilers. You have been warned.

For better immersion, play the music.
http://media.putfile.com/This-Illusion-Piano-ver

「_____, ______, ____」
(Ilya, Rider, Saber... his mind is falling apart, and so he has forgotten their names. The only name he remembers is Sakura's.)

My consciousness vanishes.
Just 100 meters are turning into a road that I'll take an eternity to cross.

「_____, ______, ____」
It's just a matter of time before the cavern crashes down.

The ceiling collapsing rock by rock. The barren wasteland that was the floor turns into a an accumulation of rubble.

「_____, ______, ____」
My numbed ankles.
All I feel by moving my knees is pain.
I'll stop breathing if I relax. So, deciding to pierce my throat with a knife, I breathe a little.

I'm surely suffering so much because a human being cannot move without oxygen.
But, maybe, as I'm now, my will may allow me to move without even breathing. Maybe, I'd stop moving if I were filled with ai-

「_____, ______, ____」
...Heat.
Hundreds of swords grow from the interior of my body.
Like an inevitable impaling death sentence.
My body is made of swords.
But I already knew that.

It's just as _____ said.
Once I traced, a time bomb would go off.
But that was inevitable.

「_____, ______, ____」
...My legs are heavy.
...I don't even know what I'm doing.
My heart feels as if it were going to tear from the pain, the weight and the emptiness.
But I just have to hold on a little longer.
Once I finish with that, everything will end.
There's no one who can stop me.
There's no one left to stop me.
And so.
「Ha... ah...」
A shadow moves.
In front of that mountainous crater called the Great Grial, lies ______, lit by the dark crimson flame.

http://media.putfile.com/All-the-evil-in-the-world

「...Kotomine Kirei. 」

[b「Who else if not? It seems that you have managed to survive, Emiya Shirou. 」[/b]
Says that man with a powerful voice filled with intent.
In this lifeless world, that man stands in front of my objective, as if it were all preordained.

「...Where do you think you're going? It's a little late to show up. 」
I don't even ask how he survived.
That man's body is already dead.
A body devoid of Od.
And where his heart should be, there's only a black hole.
...An extinguishing flame, like an upside down sand clock, exactly like myself.
I don't even feel the beat of his heart.
That man's time is coming to an end.
It's not speculation, it's certainty.
Kotomine Kirei, no matter what happens, will die in a few minutes.

「Don't ask what you already know. I have only one objective: to let that curse be born. 」

「What the fuck are you talking about? You don't have the ability to do that. That thing won't even listen to you. 」

「Of course. I can't control it nor do I intent to do so. I have told you before.
What I'll do is bless that which will be born. In this moment, that's exactly what I intend to do. Then, isn't it natural for me to protect this curse from those who would prevent its birth? 」

「...Have you gone mad, Kotomine? What's this nonsense you are spewing with your body as it is? Even if you managed to...」

「Same goes for you. We both lost our sanity some time ago. Once we complete our objectives, we'll both share the same fate. Even if you destroy it or even if I protect it. No matter who triumphs, none of us will live to obtain the fruits of our actions. You came here knowing that, at the end that's what would happen? As things are, it's already a meaningless conflict. From the very moment we both accepted to form part of it, none of us could have been considered sane. 」

「...」

...Kotomine isn't wrong.

As long as he's here, I can't even try my last projection. Tracing takes precious time.
Once I leave this overture, Kotomine will crush my skull before I even have time to create Saber's sword.

「Why? Why do you go so far to protect it? Once that thing is free, you'll gain nothing. Then, why? 」

Why, why does he force himself to the gates of death only to embrace that "all the evil in the world"?

「I have no reason. It's simply what gives me pleasure. Emiya Shirou. Just as you experience pleasure with the happiness of other people, I feel happiness with the suffering of others. 」

「...」

「And I ask you, why do you insist in killing this curse? Isn't it arrogant to judge something before it's even born? Isn't it an act of love to help its conception?」

「What makes you have such a skewed logic? That thing has already killed thousands of people. I can't leave it just like that. 」

「Really? Then let me ask you something: What is good? What is evil? Do you think killing a person is the ultimate act of evil? 」

「...I...」
...Kotomine knows I can't answer that.
After everything I've done, I can't judge what's good or what's evil.
When I decided to save Sakura above everyone else, I abandoned the justice in which Emiya Shirou used to believe.

「...It's alright. For starters, that?s a question without an answer. Human beings are that kind of creature. We use a fluctuating truth in place of the complex definite answer. We've never had any kind connection with truth. Man possesses both the choice to do good and the choice to do evil, but what's done applies only to the individual. All things are born from nothingness, so that which hasn't been born yet is free of all sin. I'm sure you think the same way I do. 」

「...Correct. A baby is free of sin, even if it's a demon. 」

「Yes. Once born, it will walk towards good or evil on basis of that which it has learned. According to an ancient scripture, in this, man is superior to angels.
Why? Because, despite knowing what's evil, there exist those who don't embrace evil. Angels, however, are born knowing only good. That is why, a human that lives being fair even though possessing the ability to do evil, is superior to the angels which know only good and nothing else. 」

「...Yes. A person that is sickeningly evil surprisingly can show lapses of benevolence. On the other hand, a saint that has saved many lives, can have the sudden impulse of imposing evil and murder. This paradox, the compatible presence between the intention of good and evil is what makes us, humans, what we are. Living is a sin and the punishment comes along with existence. Life is virtuous and life is evil. Then...」

「One can't even ask oneself that something about to be born is guilty.
There's nothing without a purpose; no one is born evil.
At the moment of birth, there's no one who should be punished. 」

This is the answer that the priest called Kotomine has given me.

Really... forgive "all the evil in the world", enemy of all human beings, just because of that?

「And for that you intend to forgive it? That thing exists only to exterminate mankind. If we know beforehand that its birth will bring the death of human beings, it isn't a matter of what's good or evil, as far as we are concerned!」

「Of course. Its existence is pure evil. After all, it was created for that. It's very different to human beings. It's a god of absolute evil, created and tied to the very existence of humanity.
But, even if its actions are evil, none of us can even imagine what they mean for it. 」

「...Eh? 」
What? ...what does Angra Manyu think of its own existence?

「Correct. "All the evil in the world" faces its actions as "evil", or does it laugh at them as acts of "good"? That is something that we cannot even conceive. 」

「If its mind is similar to that of a human being, doubting its own existence, then it will consider them evil. If, on the other hand, that being doesn't have even the faintest doubt about itself, then it will consider its actions "good". After all, man wishes so. If there's no doubt about its own function, then said function cannot be considered evil. 」

「What? 」

「Yes. It's an incomplete creation from birth. Something that has never loved any human. That creature can show me the meaning of that kind of birth, the meaning of existence behind a being without meaning. 」

「Once nothing is left, once everything is gone, can that sole remaining existence forgive itself? I wish the answer to that same question. Is it a sin that, a creature isolated from the world continues to live the way it is? To find an answer to that question, I killed your father and helped you save Matou Sakura. I'm incapable of producing an answer on my own. That is why I wished the creation of something that could give me that answer once and for all. 」

「...That's my objective, Emiya Shirou. A wish of the same kind but at the same time opposite to yours, you, who does not possess any kind of selfish want. 」

「...」

...I can't understand him.
What that man wants, what that man seeks is too alien to me.
...That is why, there's only one thing I understand.
To get what he wants, he made Sakura suffer.
「You used Sakura... You used Sakura for that?! 」
With all my inner hatred, I focused my vanished field of vision on the priest.

「Yes, for all of this, I killed many people. But it's too late to go back.
I already told you before. This is how I live. I exist only to free myself of all these doubts.
It's something I can't change, even if I face death.」
that corpse answered straight, without even wavering his sight.

「...」
Words of pride.
He said that as if it were obvious he doesn't regret anything he has done, as if he considered he isn't wrong.
「...I get it. 」
Then, I understood.
I can't coexist with that man. From the first time I saw him, I felt revulsion towards him, incapable of understanding why.
...Now I understand.
I don't want to admit it, but in a certain way, I am like Kotomine Kirei.
In desperation, I tried to show hostility towards him, pretended to deny it, pretended not to realize it until the very end.
He said we are similar.
Now I understand why.
We both consider ourselves sinners.
To free us from those chains, we just dedicated ourselves to opposite ways of life.
...Filled with the feeling of being damned, we believed following such a way of life will allow us to redeem our sins, continuing the path towards unreachable salvation.

「...So, you won't get out of my way. 」
If he's truly like me, he won't.
That priest won't try to change his wishes because his death is near.
...Yeah. He doesn't defend his beliefs because this is the last time he'll be able to.
This is his way of life.
Till now, he hasn't lived any other way but this.
That is why, even if he died in a minute, he won't know any other correct way to live.

「...Hmph. If I'm honest, this could have been a way to release all my anger.
But I don't think that's possible, since when I came here, I came knowing so. 」

He starts to move towards me.
None of us has much time left.
That is why I'll finish this as fast as possible.
Before dying, we'll finish the other's existence.

「...I envy you. No matter how hard I tried to get something, after obtaining it, I couldn't enjoy it. No matter the morality I followed, countless spheres of sediments flowed between my fingers.」

http://media.putfile.com/Emiya

"That for which you feel happiness..."

「And now, I'll focus on eliminating that frustration. 」

"...is all but happiness for me."

...Yes. This man, who could never have anything no matter how much he tried, is empty.
No matter how much he searched, he couldn't find happiness.
All he gained was a life loaded with death.
Then, how can I take away from him the only thing he has found?

「...Really. Sorry for making you waste your valuable time, Kotomine. 」
I breathed again.
Sending air to my lungs, I prepared my body for combat.

「Don't worry, I'm not the only one who has little time left.」
There was hidden energy inside Kotomine's body.
This won't be a battle of thaumaturgy or sorcery.
Our bodies are already dead.
The only thing we can do against each other is end this matter with our bare fists.
What's left isn't technique or strategy. This is a man to man fight to crush the only thing we have left: our own lives.
He'll kill me to see his wish granted.
I'll defeat him and crush his wish with my own hands.

Our lives are at the limit.

Before my time comes, I'll defeat him and exterminate that shadow forever.
Nephilm
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kiraiya » April 4th, 2008, 12:25 am

「What the fuck are you talking about? You don't have the ability to do that. That thing won't even listen to you. 」

I loved that part.
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...
Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread postby radical_number6 » April 4th, 2008, 2:40 pm

who translated this work of art, may i ask?

can i has moar? <-- i dont know y i put that.
radical_number6
Addict

Unread postby Nephilm » April 4th, 2008, 3:43 pm

radical_number6 wrote:who translated this work of art, may i ask?

can i has moar? <-- i dont know y i put that.

I got it from this post, http://otakuniverse.com/foro/viewtopic. ... 36&start=0 , and then translated it into English. I believe the guy did the translation from Japanese to Spanish himself. There's a plot synopsis for all routes and a rather large question and answers about the nasuverse thread, but it's all in Spanish.

Hmm... I may do his translation of the Nine Bullet Revolver scene.
Nephilm

Unread postby serialies » April 6th, 2008, 2:44 am

i came.
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nephilm » April 7th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Another scene, Nine Bullet Revolver (Shirou vs
Black Berserker
).

Spoilers for awesome combat scene, read at your discretion.
Shirou releases his left arm, until now sealed by the holy mantle of St. Martin. A torrent of knowledge expands throughout his body. Light, wind. Mysteriously, he doesn't feel any pain. He sees Archer.

「Can you keep up, boy?」
「Keep up? This "boy" is going to surpass you!」

Attack and defense in the forest ● Final part - Nine Bullet Revolver

http://media.putfile.com/Emiya

My line of thought clears.
I understand my own combat prowess.
Material projection through the concept of creation, hypothesizing the basic structure, the skill of its making, the experience of its use, the accumulation of years;
Actualization of the inner world through the theory of thaumaturgy; the reflection of the world's diagram inscribed in the soul; a Reality Marble.

Acquiring the combat technique, the experience, the corporeal strengthening accumulated by Archer.
Warning, error found in the corporeal strengthening process. Death in hand-to-hand combat with the same probability as before.

Reality Marble - Unlimited Blade Works; impossible to recreate.
Archer's world and my own are too different. The union is impossible.
Replication can only be done with what Emiya Shirou learned directly from the Noble Phantasms Archer recorded.
Obtaining a Noble Phantasm from the left arm, extract and replicate from the Unlimited Blade Works the most appropriate Noble Phantasm for the objective.

Warning.
Tracing is a double-edged sword.
Execution will lead to...
「...」
I stopped my breathing and forced all my mana into the left arm.
I just need to understand the weapons I can use.
I understand the dangers involved.
I must move forward.
Go past the wind and defeat myself.

「Trace, on.」
Focus.
Perceive his great sword to perfection.
Open your left arm and grab the imagined base.
The weight is astronomical.
Emiya Shirou cannot hold this great sword.
But... the replication of the enemy's monstrous strength is possible with this left arm.
「...Gah!」
I break.
The sound of part of my brain breaking.
Bone fractured by the pressure of the magical energy released. Unrecognizable as the skin of an apple.
「Go beyond.」

I shouldn't worry.
The broken parts can be remade.
My mind walks towards its absolute death.
「______________!」
He found me.
His killing intent converges.
Setting as a target the thaumaturgy I'm making, the black giant moves his eyes.

Like a black star.
The giant as he screamed sounds of death, rushed to strike his enemy.
-Berserker.
Mad, the giant hasn't changed since that night.
His mind is still in the fight against Saber.
Unable to see, unable to regain his sanity, and with his body decaying after a second death, he keeps fighting to protect Ilya.

---One second.
「...」

The giant cannot be stopped by a single strike. A normal projection wouldn't affect him.
A single projection wouldn't do the job.
If it isn't a projection that pushes the limits, the giant won't be defeated.
Then...

「Trigger, off.」

I divide my mind in 9.
I mobilize all the 27 sleeping circuits in my body and strike them in a single movement.

---Two seconds.
He appears in front of me, the great sword is waved.

The energy of my spirit flowing like a torrent.

Attack each gained step with another step.
Upper arm, collar bone, wind pipe, skull cap, solar plexus, ribs, groin, thighs.
Target those 8 points.
「Set - Nine Lives Blade Works.」
Overcome the speed of sound of the descending sword with the speed of the gods!

「...」
But he didn't fall.
Keeping himself up with his own sword, Berserker still stands.
「Ha....ah...!!!」

I move forward.
In my left hand is the giant's sword.
I'm faster than him.
Having lost the 80 percent of his body, I can finish off Berserker before he kills me.
I raised the great sword to his chest, and thrust it like a lance.
「____________!!」
But, I lost.
I was reckless.
I shamelessly made complete use of that almost cheating privilege and yet, I lost.
Berserker's strike is coming towards me.
It thunders, with the strength of a windstorm.
「...」
I twist my body.
I use all my energy in evading.
I noticed it pretty soon.
That is why I'll be barely able to dodge it.
Berserker's strike will only graze me.

But that will kill me all the same.

Even if the great sword grazes me by just millimeters, I'll die.
A direct hit could kill the very ground.
If he grazes me, my head would fly off as easily as if I were made of tofu.

The sword closes.
In the instant I'm about to be decapitated, my vision freezes.
...But.
The great sword moving at frightening speed,
Stopped instantly.
「...Eh?」

Death didn't reach me.
「...」

The black giant looks forward.
Not at me.
Those eyes lacking reason look towards the white girl that just emerged.
I impale him.
Without remorse, without emotion, I thrust the great sword through Berserker's heart.
It wasn't a counterattack.
The giant uses his last life and returns to the dust.

In that instant.
His disappearing red eyes continue looking at the girl, asking me to protect her.

Emiya Shirou: 9
Black Berserker: 0
Nephilm

Unread postby Dante Obscuri » April 7th, 2008, 9:39 pm

That's really, REALLY funny. You see, I just checked that guy's synopses, and they are QUUUIIITTEEEEE similar to Baiken's. But, that's not all, "his" synopsis have detailed translation of some scenes - like the Nine Lives one. And you know, his translation was soooooomeewhat similar to arai's. What a coincidence, no? Hmmmhmhmmmmm.......
Dante Obscuri
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » April 8th, 2008, 12:39 am

Because he probably did it, that's not a crime, he can translate it to spanish or use it as a basis to his own text. I didn't see any place of he saying "I'm doing this from japanese" in that forum or something like that, he even mentions Baiken in some place. The one who posted this here said "I believe that..." but that's all, is wrong.

And Baiken and arai said that you can use them work as you please. If you didn't angry TYPE-MOON, I don't see why is a problem. Info is good, and he even used pictures and added things that wasn't in Baiken synopsis as I can see (seems that he put the interludes and random stuff).

Dante, I think that your post is a bit, out of place... you can point that but... I don't think that is reeeeeeeeally important. Is another language and another community, so he at least translate something/useful info + extras. That's good for they, I think.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby TakaJun » April 8th, 2008, 9:33 am

Ohh, something for me to copy and paste into my HF translation... j/k :D
TakaJun

Unread postby YanDaMan » April 8th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Lol, if that gets us HF closer to completion, by all means. Assuming the translation up there is accurate and not made up lol.

Im crying on the inside that F/SN is on hold :( :( :(
Last edited by YanDaMan on April 8th, 2008, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YanDaMan
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nephilm » April 8th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Wouldn't translations of the same thing be, dunno, intrinsically similar to one another?
Nephilm

Unread postby Raitei » April 8th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Nephilm wrote:Wouldn't translations of the same thing be, dunno, intrinsically similar to one another?
yeah, but every translator's got his own style. if you compare TJ's translation of fsn prologue with insani's, you'll see what I mean.

insani's translation of fsn prologue ( trial version ) is available at their website. I would recommend it, for those who're interested ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby shadowrift » April 9th, 2008, 3:02 am

Want HF so badly...
shadowrift
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 9th, 2008, 3:45 am

Kansho wrote:Because he probably did it, that's not a crime, he can translate it to spanish or use it as a basis to his own text. I didn't see any place of he saying "I'm doing this from japanese" in that forum or something like that, he even mentions Baiken in some place. The one who posted this here said "I believe that..." but that's all, is wrong.

And Baiken and arai said that you can use them work as you please. If you didn't angry TYPE-MOON, I don't see why is a problem. Info is good, and he even used pictures and added things that wasn't in Baiken synopsis as I can see (seems that he put the interludes and random stuff).

Dante, I think that your post is a bit, out of place... you can point that but... I don't think that is reeeeeeeeally important. Is another language and another community, so he at least translate something/useful info + extras. That's good for they, I think.

A given line of text, especially Nasu text, can be interpreted in many vastly different and variating ways. When translated and phrased into an European language, the possibilities increase exponentially. However, between the European languages, diversity is sorely lacking. That's why when translated inter-European, the sentence structures and phrasing remain mostly similar.

So I believe you are right. Under the assumption that the Spanish -> English translation was done with a passable degree of accuracy, the Spanish translation was most likely done from an English version (i.e. Arai/Baiken's).

The similarities in the English translation (Here + Arai's) do suggest either

1. He editted Arai's translations and posted
2. The Spanish version he used was translated from the English version

I think the latter's more likely.

In which case:

English -> Spanish -> back to English

Of course, as you said that's not a problem legally since Baiken/Arai do not mind (or at least said as much); but logically...

Objectively:
Nothing wrong with it, I guess. Redundancy is not a sin, after all.

Subjectively:
It doesn't make sense to do an English translation of a Spanish translation based on an English translation and then post it.

Of course, this is all going by inductive reasoning.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Anonymous__ » April 9th, 2008, 4:41 am

This makes me even more excited for HF... 8)
Anonymous__
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dante Obscuri » April 9th, 2008, 8:51 am

Kansho wrote:Because he probably did it, that's not a crime, he can translate it to spanish or use it as a basis to his own text. I didn't see any place of he saying "I'm doing this from japanese" in that forum or something like that, he even mentions Baiken in some place. The one who posted this here said "I believe that..." but that's all, is wrong.

I didn't say it was a crime. My point was that in any of the translation threads, I ever saw him saying "credit goes to".

Kansho wrote:And Baiken and arai said that you can use them work as you please.

Indeed, but I do not think they'd like others taking credit for what they did. However, I am not them; so, who knows?

Kansho wrote:Info is good, and he even used pictures and added things that wasn't in Baiken synopsis as I can see (seems that he put the interludes and random stuff).

I never said it wasn't. If anything, the pictures and music made it more enjoyable.

Kansho wrote:Dante, I think that your post is a bit, out of place... you can point that but... I don't think that is reeeeeeeeally important.

Hey, I was just pointing that out.

Kansho wrote:Is another language and another community, so he at least translate something/useful info + extras. That's good for they, I think.

I never said it was bad for that community (although, some of his translations are incorrect :P). My point simply was, if he used Baiken's synopses, and arai's translations, he could have given them some credit (rather than just mentioning them in some place). And mind you, I'm not saying he should do that on every translation he posts. I remember checking a thread where he keeps links for all the translations he has done; he could have pointed out who translated those parts from Japanese (to English) in that thread.
Dante Obscuri
Addict

Unread postby Megaolix » November 4th, 2008, 4:09 am

Sorry for the necro, but I need to ask: where does those pics from the Nine Bullet Revolver come from? I expected them to be in the game and I was sad to realize they weren't...
Last edited by Megaolix on November 4th, 2008, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 4:39 am

Probably Realta Nua.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat