All the evil in the world. (Heaven's Feel SPOILERS)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Nephilm
Might just like this board

All the evil in the world. (Heaven's Feel SPOILERS)

Unread post by Nephilm » April 3rd, 2008, 11:51 pm

Translation of a part close to the end. Very heavy on spoilers. You have been warned.
► Show Spoiler

Kiraiya
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kiraiya » April 4th, 2008, 12:25 am

► Show Spoiler
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...

radical_number6
Addict

Unread post by radical_number6 » April 4th, 2008, 2:40 pm

who translated this work of art, may i ask?

can i has moar? <-- i dont know y i put that.

Nephilm

Unread post by Nephilm » April 4th, 2008, 3:43 pm

radical_number6 wrote:who translated this work of art, may i ask?

can i has moar? <-- i dont know y i put that.
I got it from this post, http://otakuniverse.com/foro/viewtopic. ... 36&start=0 , and then translated it into English. I believe the guy did the translation from Japanese to Spanish himself. There's a plot synopsis for all routes and a rather large question and answers about the nasuverse thread, but it's all in Spanish.

Hmm... I may do his translation of the Nine Bullet Revolver scene.

serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread post by serialies » April 6th, 2008, 2:44 am

i came.
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.

Nephilm

Unread post by Nephilm » April 7th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Another scene, Nine Bullet Revolver (Shirou vs
► Show Spoiler
).

Spoilers for awesome combat scene, read at your discretion.
► Show Spoiler

Dante Obscuri
Addict

Unread post by Dante Obscuri » April 7th, 2008, 9:39 pm

That's really, REALLY funny. You see, I just checked that guy's synopses, and they are QUUUIIITTEEEEE similar to Baiken's. But, that's not all, "his" synopsis have detailed translation of some scenes - like the Nine Lives one. And you know, his translation was soooooomeewhat similar to arai's. What a coincidence, no? Hmmmhmhmmmmm.......

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » April 8th, 2008, 12:39 am

Because he probably did it, that's not a crime, he can translate it to spanish or use it as a basis to his own text. I didn't see any place of he saying "I'm doing this from japanese" in that forum or something like that, he even mentions Baiken in some place. The one who posted this here said "I believe that..." but that's all, is wrong.

And Baiken and arai said that you can use them work as you please. If you didn't angry TYPE-MOON, I don't see why is a problem. Info is good, and he even used pictures and added things that wasn't in Baiken synopsis as I can see (seems that he put the interludes and random stuff).

Dante, I think that your post is a bit, out of place... you can point that but... I don't think that is reeeeeeeeally important. Is another language and another community, so he at least translate something/useful info + extras. That's good for they, I think.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

TakaJun

Unread post by TakaJun » April 8th, 2008, 9:33 am

Ohh, something for me to copy and paste into my HF translation... j/k :D

YanDaMan
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by YanDaMan » April 8th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Lol, if that gets us HF closer to completion, by all means. Assuming the translation up there is accurate and not made up lol.

Im crying on the inside that F/SN is on hold :( :( :(
Last edited by YanDaMan on April 8th, 2008, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nephilm

Unread post by Nephilm » April 8th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Wouldn't translations of the same thing be, dunno, intrinsically similar to one another?

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » April 8th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Nephilm wrote:Wouldn't translations of the same thing be, dunno, intrinsically similar to one another?
yeah, but every translator's got his own style. if you compare TJ's translation of fsn prologue with insani's, you'll see what I mean.

insani's translation of fsn prologue ( trial version ) is available at their website. I would recommend it, for those who're interested ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

shadowrift
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by shadowrift » April 9th, 2008, 3:02 am

Want HF so badly...

WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread post by WingZero » April 9th, 2008, 3:45 am

Kansho wrote:Because he probably did it, that's not a crime, he can translate it to spanish or use it as a basis to his own text. I didn't see any place of he saying "I'm doing this from japanese" in that forum or something like that, he even mentions Baiken in some place. The one who posted this here said "I believe that..." but that's all, is wrong.

And Baiken and arai said that you can use them work as you please. If you didn't angry TYPE-MOON, I don't see why is a problem. Info is good, and he even used pictures and added things that wasn't in Baiken synopsis as I can see (seems that he put the interludes and random stuff).

Dante, I think that your post is a bit, out of place... you can point that but... I don't think that is reeeeeeeeally important. Is another language and another community, so he at least translate something/useful info + extras. That's good for they, I think.
A given line of text, especially Nasu text, can be interpreted in many vastly different and variating ways. When translated and phrased into an European language, the possibilities increase exponentially. However, between the European languages, diversity is sorely lacking. That's why when translated inter-European, the sentence structures and phrasing remain mostly similar.

So I believe you are right. Under the assumption that the Spanish -> English translation was done with a passable degree of accuracy, the Spanish translation was most likely done from an English version (i.e. Arai/Baiken's).

The similarities in the English translation (Here + Arai's) do suggest either

1. He editted Arai's translations and posted
2. The Spanish version he used was translated from the English version

I think the latter's more likely.

In which case:

English -> Spanish -> back to English

Of course, as you said that's not a problem legally since Baiken/Arai do not mind (or at least said as much); but logically...

Objectively:
Nothing wrong with it, I guess. Redundancy is not a sin, after all.

Subjectively:
It doesn't make sense to do an English translation of a Spanish translation based on an English translation and then post it.

Of course, this is all going by inductive reasoning.

Anonymous__
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Anonymous__ » April 9th, 2008, 4:41 am

This makes me even more excited for HF... 8)

Dante Obscuri
Addict

Unread post by Dante Obscuri » April 9th, 2008, 8:51 am

Kansho wrote:Because he probably did it, that's not a crime, he can translate it to spanish or use it as a basis to his own text. I didn't see any place of he saying "I'm doing this from japanese" in that forum or something like that, he even mentions Baiken in some place. The one who posted this here said "I believe that..." but that's all, is wrong.
I didn't say it was a crime. My point was that in any of the translation threads, I ever saw him saying "credit goes to".
Kansho wrote:And Baiken and arai said that you can use them work as you please.
Indeed, but I do not think they'd like others taking credit for what they did. However, I am not them; so, who knows?
Kansho wrote:Info is good, and he even used pictures and added things that wasn't in Baiken synopsis as I can see (seems that he put the interludes and random stuff).
I never said it wasn't. If anything, the pictures and music made it more enjoyable.
Kansho wrote:Dante, I think that your post is a bit, out of place... you can point that but... I don't think that is reeeeeeeeally important.
Hey, I was just pointing that out.
Kansho wrote:Is another language and another community, so he at least translate something/useful info + extras. That's good for they, I think.
I never said it was bad for that community (although, some of his translations are incorrect :P). My point simply was, if he used Baiken's synopses, and arai's translations, he could have given them some credit (rather than just mentioning them in some place). And mind you, I'm not saying he should do that on every translation he posts. I remember checking a thread where he keeps links for all the translations he has done; he could have pointed out who translated those parts from Japanese (to English) in that thread.

Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Megaolix » November 4th, 2008, 4:09 am

Sorry for the necro, but I need to ask: where does those pics from the Nine Bullet Revolver come from? I expected them to be in the game and I was sad to realize they weren't...
Last edited by Megaolix on November 4th, 2008, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 4:39 am

Probably Realta Nua.