Rin. New candidate for the human doormat award?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Rin. New candidate for the human doormat award?

Unread postby TheOverlord » March 28th, 2008, 3:20 pm

WTF is wrong with her at the end of UBW? That f***ing douchebag Shinji
beats her and tries to rape her when she's tied to a chair and yet she still rescues the c**t. That was the perfect time to instruct Saber to excaliburize the b*****d to dust and remove the biggest pile of s**t from the Nasuverse. Hell she could've used the situation to justify her actions that it was just to dangerous to wait any longer.

Its like her "personality" became Shiroufied all of a sudden.
TheOverlord
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » March 28th, 2008, 4:07 pm

That would be what a normal magus would have done, but she's not a normal magus. She actually cares more than just herself.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Brizzle » March 28th, 2008, 4:26 pm

It is as Beowulf Lee says. It shows that she has changed over the course of the game.

Also,
Rin doesn't want to make Sakura unhappy.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby radical_number6 » March 28th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Brizzle wrote:It is as Beowulf Lee says. It shows that she has changed over the course of the game.

Also,
Rin doesn't want to make Sakura unhappy.

if only rin knew, if only rin knew.....tsk tsk tsk.
at least shinji becomes a better person later but i would still throw him out the window.
radical_number6
Addict

Unread postby randomanon? » March 28th, 2008, 5:48 pm

seems more like becoming one with all the evil in the world broke him a bit. It's not that he has become a better person through his own will. The grail took its toll on him.

I havn't read Fate/ zero, but would this be similar to where after the war, kiritsugu mellowed out?
randomanon?
Might just like this board

Unread postby radical_number6 » March 28th, 2008, 6:00 pm

randomanon? wrote:seems more like becoming one with all the evil in the world broke him a bit. It's not that he has become a better person through his own will. The grail took its toll on him.

I havn't read Fate/ zero, but would this be similar to where after the war, kiritsugu mellowed out?

how can u compare kiritsugu to shinji. :x
plus
kiritsugu knew his end was coming soon
radical_number6
Addict

Unread postby Brizzle » March 28th, 2008, 6:12 pm

randomanon? wrote:seems more like becoming one with all the evil in the world broke him a bit. It's not that he has become a better person through his own will. The grail took its toll on him.

I'm pretty convinced that Shinji wasn't always the total bastard he was in F/SN. He was probably pretty damaged (but in an entirely different way) by the Matou house as Sakura was. That does not excuse him, however. He did become a total bastard. I do imagine becoming one with Angra Mainyu may cause one to wish to repent and reexamine themselves. I do believe that Shinji will try to make up for what he did. Just my thoughts, though.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » March 28th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Look, it's simple
Shinji - punkass sistahfucker, what Rin did was utterly stupid and unrealistic... U can call it Fate-ish (a reference to Fate Shirou) xD I dunn think any of u guys would save some guy that tried to rape ya 24h ago, so :wink:
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » March 28th, 2008, 10:25 pm

^What if i like wild sex <.

It was... weird. I hate that bastard. Then i got to know what he *does* in HF and hate the lil' fucker even more.

What the fuck!?! He did Sakura, i'm not sure but it seems Rider too and then he wanted to rape Rin. Son of a bitch.

Good point about Shinji: Every story needs a character to be deeply hated, someone has to do it.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Brizzle » March 29th, 2008, 12:07 am

Atriel wrote:^What if i like wild sex <.

It was... weird. I hate that bastard. Then i got to know what he *does* in HF and hate the lil' fucker even more.

What the fuck!?! He did Sakura, i'm not sure but it seems Rider too and then he wanted to rape Rin. Son of a bitch.

Good point about Shinji: Every story needs a character to be deeply hated, someone has to do it.

I can see Shinji as having a need to dominate people. It is probably why the only male he was able to be friends with was Shiro; Shiro feels no need to be above anyone. He spent his life being told he was worthless by his father who was also seen as worthless by Zoken. Even his raping of Sakura was at Zoken's orders. I have nothing to base this on, but I can picture Shinji initially being very reluctant to have sex with the girl who had been his sister for many years, and only doing it initially under duress. It was probably after a while that he began to feel some sense of power from it. Remember he has a reputation for being kind to girls. The feeling of having power to one who has for so long powerless was probably addictive. I really doubt it was the sex itself that really did it for him. As I've said before, he is a total bastard. But total bastards are made, not born.
Last edited by Brizzle on March 29th, 2008, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Undream » March 29th, 2008, 12:13 am

Well, it was her or Shirou, and i suppose Rin didnt want to stick with gilgamesh xD
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DragoonKnight » March 29th, 2008, 12:29 am

What happened to his previous wounds, stabbed in the shoulder and a hole in his gut from Gilgamesh?
DragoonKnight
Might just like this board

Unread postby Brizzle » March 29th, 2008, 12:33 am

DragoonKnight wrote:What happened to his previous wounds, stabbed in the shoulder and a hole in his gut from Gilgamesh?

They probably regenerated when he was linked to Angra Mainyu.

In Heaven's Feel, Sakura regenerates faster then Gilgamesh can Gate her.
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby yui9000 » April 1st, 2008, 1:01 am

Shinji is unmistakably an irredeemable piece of shit. A coward, a bully, and a rapist.

That doesn't mean he deserves to die, nor does it empower Rin with the right to murder him. That said, I could understand if Rin didn't feel like risking her life and, frankly, the lives of pretty much everyone on Earth, just to save Shinji's worthless ass. But she did. She risked her own life to save someone who had brutalized her and attempted to rape her, for absolutely no benefit to herself. That doesn't maker her a doormat, it makes her a damn hero, seven times anything Shirou ever did.

As for out-of-character, I don't think so. Shirou had an influence on her, but besides which, it's always been clear Rin never respected Shinji even the slightest. Certianly she didn't respect him enough to hate him. If anything, she felt sorry for the poor moron. Shinji was too stupid to be considered a real threat to her.
yui9000
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby radical_number6 » April 1st, 2008, 5:28 am

they save shinji becoz
shinji was the host for the grail. they wanna remove him to stop the grail exploding i think. they did talk about elimanating both shiji and the grail all together with saber's excalibur tho.
radical_number6
Addict

Unread postby Brizzle » April 1st, 2008, 5:52 am

Apart from Rin's evolution in character, I still think she was very concerned about making Sakura sad. Sakura cares for her brother despite all he's done.
And Sakura is very precious to Rin as well.
Last edited by Brizzle on April 1st, 2008, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GAR for Shiro
Brizzle
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Voidlugiron » April 1st, 2008, 12:35 pm

Well in the end of UBW true end SHirou does say Shinji acts like the person he once knew. Which could mean a variety of things. Shinji is a coward and a conceited piece of shit even talking crap to gilgamesh but Rin probably realizes he still IS Sakura's brother and the act was probably done out of sympathy to her more so than him.
Voidlugiron
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Undream » April 1st, 2008, 6:46 pm

Voidlugiron wrote:
Well in the end of UBW true end SHirou does say Shinji acts like the person he once knew. Which could mean a variety of things. Shinji is a coward and a conceited piece of shit even talking crap to gilgamesh but Rin probably realizes he still IS Sakura's brother and the act was probably done out of sympathy to her more so than him.

Btw Shirou talks about shinji sometimes, it seems that his change in character in more recent than old, and that he wasnt always so conceited.
In the true end of UBW, being connected to the angra manyu (or whatever its called ) seems to make him realize the wrong he has done and to try to atone for it.
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Re: Rin. New candidate for the human doormat award?

Unread postby tyciol » May 19th, 2011, 7:42 pm

I never liked Shinji, he was a bad time. He wouldn't even repair the bowstrings in the Archery Club, always had Shiro do it even though he quit.
tyciol
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat