Fate/Stay Night ero removing patch

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Shirou
Might just like this board
Posts: 45
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 2:47 pm
Location: Fuyuki

Unread post by Shirou » March 24th, 2008, 7:45 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:
Shirou wrote:
sarkwalvein wrote:Shirou, it shouldn't be a topic to start this kind of flame war...

Even if you say it's disrespectful, there's no intention to be disrepectful about TYPE-MOON's work in the people doing this patch. There are people that really likes Nasu's writing but at the same time dislikes Ero Scenes completely, this patch is for that people to be able to enjoy F/SN.

Anyway, about the disrepectful thing, every patch, including the mirromoon translation, has been done without TYPE-MOON's approval, so it is in some way disrespectful... Except of the same lack of intetnion I talked of before.
So it's okay to remove scenes that you don't like?
Yup... Totally okay... imho. Just like some people ALWAYS skip the main intro/outro of an anime. Just because its time consuming or they hate it.

Its also totally okay to make a non-ero version of FSN for those that enjoyed the anime, but is still underage to actually play the PC ver with the english patch... Because people WANT to know about UBW after seeing the cliff hanger, durin the VS Berserker scene.

Because the main reason of all this in the first place is to able to share the world of FSN... To a wider range of people... What's wrong with that?
Key word: skip

WingZero
Crack Desu!
Posts: 392
Joined: December 21st, 2007, 10:49 pm

Unread post by WingZero » March 24th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Unless your quote comes from a member of Type-MOON/Nasu or another some such expert on the subject, it doesn't really carry any authority.

Once again, not liking something != disrespect and if people having opinions piss you off, get off the internets.

MechR
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 28
Joined: May 15th, 2007, 5:17 am

Unread post by MechR » March 24th, 2008, 7:48 pm

QUESTION: Does this patch use the non-H scenes from Realta Nua? If not, can it? That would be ideal.

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy
Posts: 318
Joined: September 5th, 2004, 3:05 am

Unread post by Ryuusoul » March 24th, 2008, 7:50 pm

Keep flaming and insults to a minimum. If you disagree with ideas, say so, but let's not resort to insults.

Enerccio
Crack Desu!
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread post by Enerccio » March 24th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Shirou wrote:then they don't really like FSN or Tsukihime.
i will quote this:

The stories, settings, character designs, etc. of Tsukihime and FSN were clearly designed with the porn in mind. The sex scenes don't just happen naturally, there are blatant plot devices designed specifically to enable the sex scenes.

FSN is not a ero game just because it have ero scenes.
Nasu spoked. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Enerccio
Crack Desu!
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread post by Enerccio » March 24th, 2008, 7:52 pm

MechR wrote:QUESTION: Does this patch use the non-H scenes from Realta Nua? If not, can it? That would be ideal.
give me the images and I will implement it (also need a text and a video of the effects)
I can't do it without them. But that way it will be pirating, therefore find a way how to extract them from realta nua dvd. The best way.

sarkwalvein
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 4
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 3:39 am

Unread post by sarkwalvein » March 24th, 2008, 7:59 pm

As I said in my previous post I think making it look Realta Nua alike is the way to go for a censor patch... And taking the images out of the PS2 disc, resizing them and including them in an installer patch may be the easier (or the only) way....

But to avoid making it piracy, I think the patch should be encrypted with the SHA of some PS2 disc's keyfiles... The installer look for the files in the PS2 disc, makes up the SHA and if they are the correct disk and files, the patch with the images would decrypt correctly.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread post by inferno_flamex » March 24th, 2008, 8:04 pm

Shirou wrote:
FSN is not a ero game just because it have ero scenes.
sigh.. I give up...

Shirou, if you can actually READ japanese, and is over the legal age of the 'original' version... Consider yourself lucky to actually experience the actual 'Nasu' experience...

While some of us have to wait for english patches. And others that are to young to play altogether.. And the best thing is, patches are optional.

Because beggers cannot be choosy...

I'd rather experience even a SEMI-PARTIAL of the Nasu-verse, rather than having not experience it at all... So please give a thought for the person on your right, who wants to experience it as well... But simply cannot due to a some minimal fact...

Shirou wrote:
Key word: skip
Yeah.. Imagining telling that to your 10 year lil old brother, who sat beside you when you both enjoyed watching FSN together... But now only looked at you longingly, begging you to allow him to read the other routes as well. Feeling left out of it all...

Yeah.. Like you... I'll definitely tell him to press CTRL button in front of my mom in the living room! Thanks.


-Edit-

Hey wait.. Wouldnt skipping the ero scenes, be more or less 'removing' the ero scenes in the first place??
DAMN.. We just got ourselves into a loophole here!

Is it just me, or he really is contradicting himself.. not once but twice?
Last edited by inferno_flamex on March 24th, 2008, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Ciel
Crack Desu!
Posts: 454
Joined: March 11th, 2004, 6:44 am

Unread post by Ciel » March 24th, 2008, 8:09 pm

I wonder.

If just getting the realta nua cgs without extracting them from the dvd is illegal, would redrawing them from scratch and using those also be? Technically that would be original content made as an attempt to imitate the official work, or "fanart."

And while the quality would more than likely drop, it would at least provide an alternative if extracting the cgs won't work.

And best thing of all, it'd be still completely optional, so if having something like that in your game makes you go berserk and smash your chair on your monitor, you can simply ignore it. :o
Last edited by Ciel on March 24th, 2008, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shirou
Might just like this board
Posts: 45
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 2:47 pm
Location: Fuyuki

Unread post by Shirou » March 24th, 2008, 8:10 pm

ahhaah you show this to your little brother?

well, show him this RN pic.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4125 ... 625fz9.jpg


http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4161 ... 705hw3.jpg
Last edited by Shirou on March 24th, 2008, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enerccio
Crack Desu!
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread post by Enerccio » March 24th, 2008, 8:11 pm

Shirou wrote:ahhaah you show this to your little broher?

well, show him this RN pic.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4125 ... 625fz9.jpg


http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4161 ... 705hw3.jpg
whats wrong with them?

Chivi
Addict
Posts: 69
Joined: March 24th, 2008, 8:30 am

Unread post by Chivi » March 24th, 2008, 8:21 pm

Shirou: If the little brother wanted to read the other routes, I don't think showing him the RN pictures is enough. When they get to the H-Scene what is the older brother gonna do? show him the H-Scenes while pressing the CTRL button? I think that'll be even worse than having the censor patch that "disrespects" Type-Moon

Shirou
Might just like this board
Posts: 45
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 2:47 pm
Location: Fuyuki

Unread post by Shirou » March 24th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Chivi wrote:Shirou: If the little brother wanted to read the other routes, I don't think showing him the RN pictures is enough. When they get to the H-Scene what is the older brother gonna do? show him the H-Scenes while pressing the CTRL button? I think that'll be even worse than having the censor patch that "disrespects" Type-Moon
it's his fault for let him read AN ADULT GAME.

Enerccio
Crack Desu!
Posts: 310
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Unread post by Enerccio » March 24th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Shirou wrote:
Chivi wrote:Shirou: If the little brother wanted to read the other routes, I don't think showing him the RN pictures is enough. When they get to the H-Scene what is the older brother gonna do? show him the H-Scenes while pressing the CTRL button? I think that'll be even worse than having the censor patch that "disrespects" Type-Moon
it's his fault for let him read AN ADULT GAME.
yeah yeah only adults can read a great story because it has porn as selling point... :roll:

WingZero
Crack Desu!
Posts: 392
Joined: December 21st, 2007, 10:49 pm

Unread post by WingZero » March 24th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Lol sorry, I just had to point this out:
Shirou wrote: SPOILERS : FSN is an adult ero game, not intended to be played by underaged people, and if you don't like some scenes you can just skip them. it wouldn't take more than 5 seconds pressing control.
Shirou wrote: FSN is not a ero game just because it have ero scenes.
Shirou wrote: it's his fault for let him read AN ADULT GAME.
Epic fail.

Also, to point out something so very blaringly obvious, Nasu himself wrote an all-ages version of F/SN, taking out the H-scenes. That mean anything to you?

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread post by inferno_flamex » March 24th, 2008, 9:18 pm

WingZero wrote: Epic fail.

Also, to point out something so very blaringly obvious, Nasu himself wrote an all-ages version of F/SN, taking out the H-scenes. That mean anything to you?
Apparently not. The vibe im getting from this guy is that,Nasu can do whatever he wants with F/SN because he's Nasu. And anybody else that wanna experience the Nasu-verse should grow up/ learn japanese or both....

Its like you like a singer, therefor you'll like his/her songs... rather then the other way round.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

raislash
Might just like this board
Posts: 41
Joined: November 22nd, 2007, 11:22 pm
Location: NZ

Unread post by raislash » March 24th, 2008, 11:27 pm

well, it's getting confusing now.....but one thing for sure...pr0n is good^^.
the only thing that i was waiting for when i play Fate story is sex scene with Saber^^
well, but let's talk about fact..non-ero patch is okay...eventhough it sucks and i wont play it....but maybe there's a little kid that want to become a type-moon geek and start playing F/S N or tsukihime so he can boast in the forum and his school that he has played ero game while his mum just behind his back...

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 24th, 2008, 11:45 pm

raislash wrote:well, it's getting confusing now.....but one thing for sure...pr0n is good^^.
the only thing that i was waiting for when i play Fate story is sex scene with Saber^^
well, but let's talk about fact..non-ero patch is okay...eventhough it sucks and i wont play it....but maybe there's a little kid that want to become a type-moon geek and start playing F/S N or tsukihime so he can boast in the forum and his school that he has played ero game while his mum just behind his back...
..Lol if you just played fate for the ero scene then yoy completely wasted your time...a hentai would have been better for that...
And seriously, perphaps the kid just want to read a great story without his mother smacking him (and his brother xD) dead

ayadew
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 601
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 9:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread post by ayadew » March 25th, 2008, 12:01 am

All diversity, wether its diversity of taste or life, should be respected, because without it there can be no change, for positive or negative. Discussing taste is meaningless, discussing this is meaningless.

Chronowraith
Addict
Posts: 89
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 4:42 am
Location: RPI
Contact:

Unread post by Chronowraith » March 25th, 2008, 12:41 am

Shirou wrote:What the fuck?!
SPOILERS : FSN is an adult ero game, not intended to be played by underaged people, and if you don't like some scenes you can just skip them. it wouldn't take more than 5 seconds pressing control.
and people die when they are killed!

Post Reply