What kind of servant could you be?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Your IDEAL Servent Class.

Saber
17%
Archer
19%
Lancer
11%
Caster
18%
Assassin
13%
Rider
3%
Berserker
10%
Avenger
8%

Total votes: 132

Kino Shinya
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Kino Shinya » September 6th, 2008, 4:31 pm

I will summon one of three class Knight of Servant : Saber , Lancer , Archer . Because three classes knight have many chances to win in Holy Grail Wars :lol: ( the ability is highest )
I don't like summon a servant like Avenger . :D Because he is too weak :o
Classes i want to become , too
Last edited by Kino Shinya on September 6th, 2008, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » September 6th, 2008, 4:34 pm

Kino Shinya wrote:I will summon one of three class Knight of Servant : Saber , Lancer , Archer . Because three classes knight have many chances to win in Holy Grail Wars :lol: ( the ability is highest )
this is not a matter of what class of servant you want to summon. this is what class of servant do you think YOU will be when you are summoned. :wink:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » September 6th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Well, let's say IF any of us has even the slightest chance of matching the qualifying status of a heroic spirit (which we won't, seeing Shirou is the closest one we have seen so far to an average person among those in the throne of heroes, and even then the servant version of him has terrible terrible stats), your best bet is actually the Archer class. The advantage is derive mostly from the independent action trait.
First of all, it allows you to mobilize solo. If your master is really weak, you can leave your master in a protected area while you attempt to snipe other masters. If your master is really proficient, then awesome, you guys have just become a two-men army which can operate independent of each other.
Second, and mostly importantly, is freedom. The Archer class is very strong at resisting the manipulation of the master, and they are quite the rebel (think Gilgamesh and Emiya). If your master is an complete imbecile, just find some way to kill him and seek out a more worthy master. You have plenty of time to do so, like a week or something?

DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread post by DarkEyes » September 6th, 2008, 5:44 pm

Wouldnt finding a new 1 and then killing ur old 1 be better? xD

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » September 6th, 2008, 6:05 pm

Personally, I can see myself as Berserker, and pretty much JUST Berserker. I've never touched a sword, I hate riding horses so "Mythical Beasts" would just be awful, I've never touched a REAL spear, though I've used PBC pipes as them when I was younger. I live in reality, so no magic, I've never killed anybody and I'm not stealthy, so no assassin for me. Last time I fired a bow, I was probably the least accurate at semi close range. Archery Golf however...And yeah, I get mad really easily and have "The Fire!" when I get angry.

Anium
Might just like this board

Unread post by Anium » September 6th, 2008, 7:40 pm

I could be Archer, Caster, Assasin or saber. I'm kinda big and strong but I have my temper under control, so not berseker.
I've had some iaido and kendo classes so I can use a sword.
Caster, I learn fast, and I'm good at maths logic and that stuff that must be precise, so i guess magic could be easy for me.
Assasin & Archer: I'm in my country army so I have some stealth training and I've always been good at detecting and noticing details and my surroundings. I may not put the bullet on the hole, but about 3 inch of there. Not bad with bow and arrows either.

I think I would be assasin, being a class doens't mean you can't use other's classes features as lancer uses magic and saber can Ride. So backup with magic and fire! If too close use the sword and hand to hand combat.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 6th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Out of elimination, Caster. Or Berserker (already mad and not too patient with people).

Overall, none of them fit me too much, the closest one being Caster. Heh.

Pikpikbak
Into 17 Pieces

Unread post by Pikpikbak » September 7th, 2008, 12:28 am

'Serker, by far. My fuse is the furthest thing from short, but when it 'burns out,' so to speak... um... Bad such happens. ^_^; Let's just say blackout periods and nearly having choked someone once... *cough*

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » September 7th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Raitei wrote:
Kino Shinya wrote:I will summon one of three class Knight of Servant : Saber , Lancer , Archer . Because three classes knight have many chances to win in Holy Grail Wars :lol: ( the ability is highest )
this is not a matter of what class of servant you want to summon. this is what class of servant do you think YOU will be when you are summoned. :wink:
Also.. It is not which class you want to become... (as stated in the first post)

But... More like which class are you FORCED to be in...

Its like no matter how much a guy with an arrow WANTS to be Saber... The chances of it happening would be zero.. Instead he would be in archer class... dont you think? XD

Since he has no swordfighting skills, so that in itself would not make him a suitable saber.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » September 7th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Personally archers apparently have the ability to spawn massive amounts of weapons... so i would have to say thats a good class

the checks for the class are very low too. Gil and Emiya are physically weaker than almost any servant out there, although they have a gar amount of weapons to make up for it

i would do Unlimited Babylon Works honestly. Its like creating a reality marble of infinite gates of babylon. Basically i will be able to sword spam 100 times more than gil and emiya

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » September 7th, 2008, 10:46 pm

@Rikh,
The Archer class does not come equipped with a massive amount of weapons. Emiya and Gilgamesh are probably the most unorthodox of the Archer class actually. Emiya was destined to be a Sabre, but he is a mere human, and also not a famous one. If he had some associated legend or some divine/dragon blood, he would have been a Sabre and swept the battlefield on day one of the grail war. Gilgamesh got stuck with the Archer class because he did not have a signature weapon in "The Epic of Gilgamesh", and he could shoot stuff from Gate of Babylon. Also, you were right about the Archer class having low cut off, however, not all of them are weak. Emiya was terrible stat-wise, but Gilgamesh was actually pretty good, well above average.
If you want to picture a run-of-the-mill Archer class heroic spirit, I would say think about the Medieval English Longbow men who demolished the French knights, despite being out-geared and out-numbered.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » September 8th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote: If you want to picture a run-of-the-mill Archer class heroic spirit, I would say think about the Medieval English Longbow men who demolished the French knights, despite being out-geared and out-numbered.
Yeah... Think of people along the likes of....

ROBIN HOOD!!!

Hell... If you dont mind to go as far as fantasy books...

Legolas from Lord of the Rings would perhaps be the Archer of Archers... Plus.. He's an elf... a race with magic... thigies... and ears... I must admit that girls fawn all over him...

hmm... -____-

~~~OH!!

And you can just ignore about the 'low cut-off' points or whatnot... Stuffs like you need to be a 'certain sombody' to be Assasin... Oh and we would have low stats... and such...

things like these limits the fun of things...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Zensunni
Addict

Unread post by Zensunni » September 8th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Well, one of us could become a servant in the way Archer did. You just need to make a contract to sell off your soul to eternal servitude in exchange for a miracle. It's not necessarily a problem to be powerless, most of the servant's power comes from the holy grail anyway. And if I were to receive a power, I'd like magic. So I'd be a Caster.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » September 9th, 2008, 1:18 am

Zensunni wrote:Well, one of us could become a servant in the way Archer did. You just need to make a contract to sell off your soul to eternal servitude in exchange for a miracle. It's not necessarily a problem to be powerless, most of the servant's power comes from the holy grail anyway. And if I were to receive a power, I'd like magic. So I'd be a Caster.
then again, he only was able to fend off berserker a bit because of his tracing abilities, so him going berserk=no tracing of strong NPs=FAIL
EDIT:ermmm.... wait.......

wrong thread? man, i was REALLY distracted
*tries to hide from popular shame* :oops:
Last edited by Catastrophe on September 9th, 2008, 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » September 9th, 2008, 1:23 am

Zensunni wrote:Well, one of us could become a servant in the way Archer did. You just need to make a contract to sell off your soul to eternal servitude in exchange for a miracle. It's not necessarily a problem to be powerless, most of the servant's power comes from the holy grail anyway. And if I were to receive a power, I'd like magic. So I'd be a Caster.
No. Shirou pretty much perfected tracing before he signed the contract. And it's tracing that really gives EMIYA his power. He can't be much more powerful than Shirou in the end of UBW w/0 if they both don't trace.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » September 9th, 2008, 3:25 am

The Grail gives NO special power to the servants. The Grail is a fake version of "The Third", namely, materialization of the soul. The Grail essentially extracts copies of the true heroic spirits from the throne and gives them form. The masters then channel mana into the servants to pay for the "upkeep" cost (countering Gaia's will to crash these anomalies). Most of the servants' power actually comes from their corresponding legends. Let's say you are a hero who has slain a god in your legend... then you might be able to slap Gilgamesh and Hercules silly.
From my understanding, the Grail (Einzbern fake one)is an engine that steals mana from the World in order to establish a route to Akasha. The servants are essentially blobs of pure mana siphoned from the world, but they must be destroyed in order to be harnessed, thus we need the war... Yes, the Grail is a malignant thing, not exactly the "power-booster" you wish it is.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » September 9th, 2008, 4:15 am

actually, not the grail, but legends and fame are the ones which give heroic spirits their power boost. hence why counter guardians are generally weaker than normal heroic spirits who became heroes by their own power. because they are "faceless" heroes. only counter forces used as eternal slaves by alaya.

so it's not the grail, but your own fame. also,the summoning ground must be taken into account. explains why cu chulainn was weaker than if he was summoned in ireland.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Zensunni
Addict

Unread post by Zensunni » September 9th, 2008, 8:00 am

Okay, so most of the power doesn't come from the grail. I'm proven wrong. But one of us could still become a weak servant. And by collecting a lot of mana I could bridge up some of the gap for having less stats and no real noble phantasm to speak of.

WIth unfair magic I could slay some other masters and make contracts with their servants. F/SN was like that, but it's not like you have to be the most powerful to win.

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » September 9th, 2008, 8:10 pm

Zensunni wrote:Okay, so most of the power doesn't come from the grail. I'm proven wrong. But one of us could still become a weak servant. And by collecting a lot of mana I could bridge up some of the gap for having less stats and no real noble phantasm to speak of.

WIth unfair magic I could slay some other masters and make contracts with their servants. F/SN was like that, but it's not like you have to be the most powerful to win.
But you need to have at least some potential. Or you'll end up worse than Avenger...

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » September 9th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:@Rikh,
The Archer class does not come equipped with a massive amount of weapons. Emiya and Gilgamesh are probably the most unorthodox of the Archer class actually. Emiya was destined to be a Sabre, but he is a mere human, and also not a famous one. If he had some associated legend or some divine/dragon blood, he would have been a Sabre and swept the battlefield on day one of the grail war. Gilgamesh got stuck with the Archer class because he did not have a signature weapon in "The Epic of Gilgamesh", and he could shoot stuff from Gate of Babylon. Also, you were right about the Archer class having low cut off, however, not all of them are weak. Emiya was terrible stat-wise, but Gilgamesh was actually pretty good, well above average.
If you want to picture a run-of-the-mill Archer class heroic spirit, I would say think about the Medieval English Longbow men who demolished the French knights, despite being out-geared and out-numbered.
i was making a joke about the class, being how the only two archers in f/sn had massive sword rains, it was rather a funny choice

Emiya was also archer class due to his low stats, and bow abilities (plus he doesn't make the cut off for saber classes stat wise too). he could have been saber class, but that would have caused some major time paradoxes/etc because Saber needed to be summoned as a saber for him to be archer... Basically he cant be anything other than archer in HF 5 (or was it 4??)