What kind of servant could you be?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Your IDEAL Servent Class.

Saber
17%
Archer
19%
Lancer
11%
Caster
18%
Assassin
13%
Rider
3%
Berserker
10%
Avenger
8%

Total votes : 132

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » September 26th, 2008, 6:20 am

If I could pick, I'd probably pick Saber, as I always pick the straightforward, bulletsponge, all-offense character in RPGs and such, and I'm always levelling to exhaustion before playing through the history arcs and far overpowering my enemies after. IE: on FF Tactics I was already casting Bahamuts with Ramza on minor enemies even before my character reached adulthood, being around lvl 60 while battling lvls 10-15.

But, as the thread asks, I would probably fall on the Assassin class. I'm very stealthy, I dislike making noise with my steps, I like to scare people out of their senses by suddenly appearing without any notice, and overall Metal Gear Solid influenced me in ways that it shouldn't :lol:

Altough I do have some other classes attributes, like being the brightest of my class (Caster) or benefiting of some mad enhancements when I fight (Berserker... although -as most of us- I rarely get the chance to fight), but if I have to pick the most situable class, it would be Assassin. Even more so if having something like Kojiro's warped code of honor is a bonus.
matthewfarenheit
Addict

Unread postby Unreal Arch Type » September 29th, 2008, 1:08 am

Well I guess I'd be.... either a Saber or a Berserker. I'd be a saber because I can fight very well in close ranges and I could also keep my cool even when in a tough situation but I could also be a Berserker cause when I do get mad I pretty much beat up everything in my way in a fight without much care whether I hit a guy I'm fighting with or a guy that's helping me.
Unreal Arch Type
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Katakara » September 30th, 2008, 5:50 am

Ah, i'd say that I would be a caster...
Basically because I'm quite worthless and unable to do anything physical... -_- but i know a lot and people I don't like usually get really bad luck after i decide that I don't like them... (ability to curse people?... :twisted: )
I have many more reasons, but i don't think anyone wants to hear about stories of me being an evil magical girl...(?!)
Katakara
Might just like this board

Unread postby Belzera » September 30th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Hmm, probably either Lancer / Archer / Berserker

Archer due to my Mediocre Skill with a Bow and my love of ranged attacking and Sniping

Lancer due to my Practice with Pole-arms and Spears at mid range

I've gone Berserker once or twice in my life, thats good enough for me ^_^
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 1st, 2008, 10:01 am

@Katakara
I don't mind hearing stories about you being an evil magical girl. Just be sure to post them in the right thread.

Beside being Assassin -and because I'm not a Hassan, thus not a "True" Assassin...
I could become nothing else but a "Fake" Assassin :lol:

Nothing else fits my personality really...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 1st, 2008, 12:15 pm

@Thanatheros

Woah.. dude...
You would be summoned as a Caster FOR SURE!

Remember...

Just think of it as if, your current human 'strengths/abilities' will be x10 in effectiveness... Because i said so... THERE!
Thus you SHALL be a match for a servent...

It doesnt really matter that you failed at it.. Unlike most other 'casters'...
You actually had your hand in the arts...
A multiplied by ten, 'heroic' version of you would be an epic Caster... Surely...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Katakara » October 2nd, 2008, 4:34 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:@Katakara
I don't mind hearing stories about you being an evil magical girl. Just be sure to post them in the right thread.

Beside being Assassin -and because I'm not a Hassan, thus not a "True" Assassin...
I could become nothing else but a "Fake" Assassin :lol:

Nothing else fits my personality really...

aha, too bad i'm too old now...
anyyyywayyys....
I thought about being assassin, too.. and avenger... cuz i have a LOT of grudges .... and i have no problems with being an insane, psycho, bipolar, ADD murdurer :mrgreen: but this is being based on just the title of assassin or avenger... if i have to have some complex history... then screw it. I'm too lazy to do anything like... i dunno... uhh... i don't want to do a spoilers thing so... uhh.... say... perfecting a technique to kill people by stabbing their heart in 3 different directions at once with a holy sword that gives you 13(?) lives and can turn people into stone by looking at it, so people decide that you're a witch and trap you in a gate of gazillions of swords even though all you wanted to do was become a superhero... hmm... am i missing anything?...
Katakara

Unread postby Minimoto » October 3rd, 2008, 10:49 am

I would assume the archer class. I am good at independent action and thought. I do like archery, though I do not do it frequently. Also (though this is just a one character point) I am similar in personality to archer in FSN.
おととい、ウサギを見たし、昨日は鹿、そして今日は、あなた。
Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby jikap » October 3rd, 2008, 11:15 pm

I'd say that I'm a caster.

While I don't have much experience in magic like Thanateros, I do come from a family who seem to have some mysterious abilities... like getting a headache a few hours before a thunderstorm, even if it's currently a clear blue sky. or dreaming of a normal day and actually experience it when you wake up, or maybe years later, if you still remember it. While these "abilities" seem to be stronger in the female part of our family, I've done some strange things like guessing what color (out of two possible) a rollercoaster ride will have while you enter the queue, and get it right 11-times-in-a-row. >_<;

In addition, I do enjoy strategy games like chess and go, and beat most of my friends in them (and loose horribly online xD ), when I play RTS games I tend to turtle up and fortify my own territory first, and build up my own force in strength and numbers before anything else. In most RPGs my first choice is always a caster of some kind (or a healer ^^; ), and I always make sure any party I'm in is all buffed up, if possible ^^;

I guess I could also be an assassin, but then I'd have to be an assassin who hides in plain sight. I'll admit that I sometimes got out unharmed from not doing homework by simply not getting asked by the teacher whenever he/she would check the answers (probably shouldn't include this ;>_>)... I also developed this trick at games of tag, where I simply started walking around slowly, whoever was IT would sometimes chase someone right past me and never notice I was there. Going so far as to step out of my way where he/she could otherwise just reach out to tag me... while this didn't always work, if there were more than one person who was IT, then I could simply stroll around and wait for someone to run into me :3

This "ignorable" ability of mine sometimes work against me though, as I tend to also be ignored in group discussions =_=;
Hell, it even works on some forums xD
jikap

Unread postby animefanrk2k » October 4th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Personally, I would most likely fall into the Saber class of character. Like a lot of people, I have many different talents that I'm good at, but if I put them all together, I'm really skilled in instinctual decision making and movement, archery, and swordplay. The Saber class is the strongest sword-user class that can make decisions based completely on instinct and experience in the heat of battle. Therefore, I fit there.

Of course, honorable mention goes to Archer, Berserker, and Castor for me, since I'm excellent at archery (for some reason @_@), I have a high resistance to pain and I can outright ignore such worries when I'm angry or focused, and I have a sort of sixth sense that I use here and there.
animefanrk2k
Addict

A Caster-class Servant it is.

Unread postby General_Starr » October 6th, 2008, 2:40 pm

I am mostly into (or studying) computers and programming, and have an inclination for intelligence, so a Caster class is best for me.

Though i can also fill a Saber (doing some self-ed on chivalry, etc.), Lancer (agile and also self-ed on lances, spears, etc.), Archer (long-range expert, may train on rifles and similar long range projectiles) ..or a Berserker. Though it'd probably be somethin like Incredible Hulk if that ever happened.

Hopefully i dont get warned for this or anything, but before i start this, let me emphasize: I AM A FAN OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS. But i do NOT promote their use.

Servant name: Caster
True Name: General Starr
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class Abilities:
Intelligence A+ (B)
A rare ability. Servant's IQ scales past 200. In addition, can learn, memorize and decipher data, techniques, and spells faster than normal.

Territory Creation C+ (A+)
Can create a headquarters or secret lab. At full power, can create a military base complex as a territory.

Independent Action B
Can last for 3 days without an established contract with a Master or an established mana supply source.

Details:

Abilities:

Research & Development A+
This ability allows for the research and development of new techniques, technlolgy and spells or enchantments from data acquired through reconnaisance or combat. At this rank, user is able to 'decompile' and reverse-engineer any spell or ability, and use it as his/her own. At Level 10, can create Mana Plants.

Hax C+
The ability to alter the result of any spell, any program, or any event. At this level, it is somewhat effective (works 50 - 75%). In addition, the user acquires an internally embedded Internet connection - can access the Internet from the brain.

Epic Fail A
This ability allows the user to alter the effect of a Noble Phantasm or an ability to an effect other than stated. Oftem used for countering and for comic effect. However, this may have adverse effects on the altered ability, affects the user's abilities as well, and wears off upon command or after a specified amount of time.

(This Ability's Effect - Examples:
Excalibur - Sword of Promised Lighting
Effect changed to projection of a beam of concentrated light, essentially turning it into a flashlight. Mana consumption is very small in this mode. <
and..
another example:
Ea: The Star of Stench That Stunk Up Heaven and Earth
Type: Anti-World.
An aphotic, pillar-shaped blade, etched with fine crimson letterings in cuneiform. With an energy output that normally exceeds Excalibur, rotation of Ea's tri-blade segments vacuums and compresses surrounding atmospheric gasses. Upon release, the ensuing cataclysmic blast of 'natural gas' is released, emitting a stench that surpasses the bounds of reality, causing the collapse (fainting) of every living object around the area of attack. In this mode, even Avalon cannot protect from it, even though no actual damage is dealt. <- you laugh, you lose lol j/k -

Clairvoyance C
The ability to see farther and clearer. At this level, user has eyesight similar to normal eyesight assisted by high-power binoculars or a telescope.

BOOM HEADSHOT!
Type: Anti-Personnel
A direct headshot with any gun, normal or Traced, and enhanced with mana. May or may not be fatal, dependent on intended application by user.

Overclock Integrity - Enduring Exponential Overpowering Output
Type: Supportive
An ability that, when enabled on the user or an object, device or person, will allow for an accelerated rate of spell and data processing or power/mana handling at far greater than allowed without harm, but only to a certain level. At this rank, the maximum limit of an object or circuit x 16 is the new limit.

Knowledge of Runtime B+
Being able to memorize the timings of a fixed rythym and predict the result of a timed system or a repeated attack performed in the same or alternate way. At this rank, can intercept any object at a timed accuracy rate of 1200 ms or more.

Instinct B
Able to follow one's inner self instead of reliance on external signs. At this rank, can avoid any immediate obstacles and avoid confusion as well as trickery by illusion.

Knowledge of Nuclear Physics A
This ability is unique to this Servant. It is the intricate knowledge of nuclear physics combined with knowledge of the workings of nuclear devices, their designs and modes of operation.
At this rank, can create a nuclear device from common technologies.

Noble Phantasms

Sword of Symbolism - The Sword That Represents
Type: Anti-Army

A finely crafted universally handed sword with a diamond-based processor die embedded in the blade, this Noble Phantasm switches its element and capability based on the user's nature of alignment, or specialty. It is also capable by itself as a weapon, with the blade founded on a very hard yet very crack-resistant alloy, and its sharpness is further enhanced by microserration and an argon-iridium laser beam that runs along the edges. There are specialized vents extending from the handle to the blade to allow greater mana output efficiency on this weapon, which was produced through advanced virtual manufacturing and made through Tracing sorcery and then Materialized.

Generals.exe - SAGE Powered Reality Marble V2.0 <<Type: Supportive

This ability enables the creation of a fighing force for use in battlefield combat. Can summon groups of tanks or aircraft instantly or can go to the build a base route. In this mode, continuous production of units is achieved. The user can also trace any object using tracing sorcery, down to the atomic scale. In addition, any traced object can be 'Materialized' by adding the process of atomic composition simulation, and adding the actual elements into the object; doing so allows the object to 'exist permanently' as reality cannot eliminate an object that had atomic mass added to it.
This ability was 'reverse engineered' from Shirou's Tracing ability and Archer's Reality Marble.

Tomahawk Storm - Rain Of Missiles
Type: Anti-Army
A rain of conventianal or nuclear warheads (Preferentially Tomahawk cruise missiles, although any type of missile can be used) striking a specified target. This ability may or may not be blocked by Avalon due to this ability's nature as a mere interaction of matter and energy, as opposed to sorcery. Requires knowledge of the missile to be Traced. (i.e., blueprints, components, circuit diagrams, fuel chemical composition, etc.)

D E F C O N 1 - Nuclear Apocalypse
Type: Anti-World

Contacts and activates all existing nuclear missile silos to unload their payloads at a specified target coordinate. Requires knowledge of the silos' launch codes as well as access to Global Positioning Systems. Can carpet-nuke the entire planet three times over with this ability, depending on the number of silos available. (this is true BTW, as there are more than enough warhears that have not yet been dismantled on both sides fo the Arms Race.)

Sourced: Fate / Nuclear Dawn (Self-insert fanfic under R&D)

And oh, BTW. a command spell
Last edited by General_Starr on October 6th, 2008, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General_Starr
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Anium » October 6th, 2008, 9:42 pm

Result of you, you die. you are too overpowered and the world kills you 8)
Anium

Re: A Caster-class Servant it is.

Unread postby Rikh » October 6th, 2008, 10:46 pm

General_Starr wrote:Epic Fail A
This ability allows the user to alter the effect of a Noble Phantasm or an ability to an effect other than stated. Oftem used for countering and for comic effect. However, this may have adverse effects on the altered ability, affects the user's abilities as well, and wears off upon command or after a specified amount of time.

Ea: The Star of Stench That Stunk Up Heaven and Earth
Type: Anti-World.
An aphotic, pillar-shaped blade, etched with fine crimson letterings in cuneiform. With an energy output that normally exceeds Excalibur, rotation of Ea's tri-blade segments vacuums and compresses surrounding atmospheric gasses. Upon release, the ensuing cataclysmic blast of 'natural gas' is released, emitting a stench that surpasses the bounds of reality, causing the collapse of every living object around the area of attack. In this mode, even Avalon cannot protect from it, even though no actual damage is dealt. <

By Nasu's God!!!

A np that can pierce avalon? it transcends properties beyond inter-dimensional travel, space time fluctuation, and reversal of Casualty???

Well it seems the most powerful np in existence is created.... Epic Fail is the ability of things surpassing the existence of the gods!!!!
Remarkable servant indeed!

***FEARS CASTER CLASS NOW***
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Re: A Caster-class Servant it is.

Unread postby General_Starr » October 6th, 2008, 11:19 pm

Rikh wrote:
By Nasu's God!!!

A np that can pierce avalon? it transcends properties beyond inter-dimensional travel, space time fluctuation, and reversal of Casualty???

Well it seems the most powerful np in existence is created.... Epic Fail is the ability of things surpassing the existence of the gods!!!!
Remarkable servant indeed!

***FEARS CASTER CLASS NOW***

Um, actually, that is WHAT HAPPENS if the ability 'Epic Fail' was used on Gilgamesh as he uses Ea.
Basically turns it into a 'stench bomb' that even he cannot withstand. (...'natural gas'...)
Needless to say, it dissapates into the immediate surrounding atmosphere, so even if Avalon were to block a direct blast of natural gas, the stench would pretty much spread in the air. Phooey~

Another example..
Rule Breaker - All Codes Destroy Themselves
Upon stabbing, Rule Breaker's blade breaks, and effect fails to activate, though a wound will be inflicted.

Gae Bolg -Barbed Spear of Earth Impalement

..seeks the earth's heart or core.
*effect is having Lancer fall flat on his face.
General_Starr
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nestor » October 9th, 2008, 2:50 am

After a careful consideration of the logistics behind each class and an equal consideration on my own abilities and motivations, Archer all the way. independent action, long-range attack, etc.
Nestor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Henza » October 9th, 2008, 4:30 am

Would we not all fall into berserker class due to our weakness? I mean, we aren't superhumans and we are completely normal, so if we were ever summoned we would be berserker to be stronger, right?

I would be either an assassin or a berserker
Henza
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby shirou210 » October 9th, 2008, 9:10 am

Hmm..
I would be an Archer...
Cos I'm pretty slow reacting on close quarters fighting and my sight is better in farther distances...
If I'm cooped up in close range combat, I'll just use short swords like Heroic Spirit Emiya or Archer...
But, still I'll go for long range combat to have better chances of fighting, like a sniper.. :D
shirou210
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rikh » October 9th, 2008, 8:30 pm

shirou210 wrote:Hmm..
I would be an Archer...
Cos I'm pretty slow reacting on close quarters fighting and my sight is better in farther distances...
If I'm cooped up in close range combat, I'll just use short swords like Heroic Spirit Emiya or Archer...
But, still I'll go for long range combat to have better chances of fighting, like a sniper.. :D

sadly most archer classes do not have the ability to spawn infinite amounts of swords

But apparently in the wars in F/SN and F/Zero thats all the archers ever did.......
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shirou210 » October 10th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Rikh wrote:
shirou210 wrote:Hmm..
I would be an Archer...

sadly most archer classes do not have the ability to spawn infinite amounts of swords

But apparently in the wars in F/SN and F/Zero thats all the archers ever did.......

Well, I'm just referring to back up weapons in your inventory for CQB fights...
Not meaning to trace or create weapons from thin air...
shirou210
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 10th, 2008, 2:02 pm

In real life, medieval archers carry daggers along with them just in case of a close quarter fight.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat